CAT5

THE JAPANESE INDIE THREAD

Even though this is "kinda" breaking the rules, I thought I would post this here, since it may have bypassed many of the indie fan's radars.

Yeti, although formed from the members of 4 VK bands, sounds like no other VK band out there. They have a very strong indie/math rock influence.  Check em out!

holy shit that's emiru!!!

But this isn't very impressive imo. Pretty basic j-rock sound that you can hear from SPYAIR, RADWIMPS, etc & I'm not here for that. I may try them out if they ever release an album tho~

I love the new Yeti track.

I was also really glad to see HaKU mentioned above as they are one of my personal favorite Indie Acts.

The new IVORY7 CHORD tracks sound really good:

anyone know about this band (uchu konbini)?

getting hooked when I first watched this video, the album samples looks good tho~

I posted about this band about a week ago here: http://www.monochrome-heaven.com/topic/23991-what-are-you-listening-to/#entry305103

But I don't think anyone took notice :/

Their album is spledid, though! :'3

I posted about this band about a week ago here: http://www.monochrome-heaven.com/topic/23991-what-are-you-listening-to/#entry305103

But I don't think anyone took notice :/

Their album is spledid, though! :'3

oh sorry, I am not aware if that thread exist XD

I thought it's just random thread what are you currently listening, without introduction about the artist

after reading your introduction and impression about the album, I want to own the album in the future!

Hey, someone could tell me if there are any other band in the vein of the god and death stars / the unknown forecast?

I don't know if they're considered visual or not, but i found a great similarities with some bands posted here......but not quite there yet.

I hope this is the right topic to ask this.

Thanks!

^ try the studs, deadman and the madcap laughs for starters. All of these are other bands by the god and death stars' vocalist/guitarist.

I want new bands! So, please help me! :D

My (non-exhaustive!) taste :
凛として時雨
HaKU
9mm Parabellum Bullet
Syrup16g (one of the best disbanded band ever imo :/)
blgtz (unfortunately unappreciated band)
THE NOVEMBERS
the cabs (really disappointed/sad that they are disbanded...)
caroline rocks
indigo la End
きのこ帝国 (not very fond of female fronted band but this one is perfection)
LOSTAGE (also an unappreciated/underrated band imo)
downy (and related bands: Dhal, eksperimentoj)
tricot
ゲスの極み乙女。
ハイスイノナサ
OGRE YOU ASSHOLE
宇宙コンビニ
plenty
urema (I didn't find a lot of them but I really like this, if you have an album or anything, I'd like a download link ;D)
avengers in sci-fi (the old stuff. I don't like their new mainstream sound :/)
VOLA & THE ORIENTAL MACHINE

Maybe I should say that I don't like "americanish" (haha) stuff like ONE OK ROCK, Spyair or other "mainstream" sound like RADWIMPS, [Champagne], flumpool, etc.

Also I'm not looking for post-rock/math-rock/instrumental bands. I haven't mentioned it but I like té, LITE, rega, mudy on the 昨晩, ...

Do you have any recommendation ? (active/new bands)
:)

Arukara - Rad indie rock band with awesome instrumentation. Their newest album is a staff favorite of 2013!

Tesla doesn't know how to cry - Really cool piano driven indie rock~ shout out to fitear for discovering them!

Backdrop Cinderella - Fun, crazy, and pirate-ish(???) rock, idk just listen to it!

88Kasyo Junrei - These guys are fucked. I think it was CAT5 that said if aliens crash landed on Earth and made a rock band this is what it would sound like.

Ziyoou-Vachi - Rockin noisy punk band led by a black/japanese transgender woman, how fucking awesome is that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbWwfapbsPg

I want new bands! So, please help me! :D

My (non-exhaustive!) taste :

凛として時雨

HaKU

9mm Parabellum Bullet

Syrup16g (one of the best disbanded band ever imo :/)

blgtz (unfortunately unappreciated band)

THE NOVEMBERS

the cabs (really disappointed/sad that they are disbanded...)

caroline rocks

indigo la End

きのこ帝国 (not very fond of female fronted band but this one is perfection)

LOSTAGE (also an unappreciated/underrated band imo)

downy (and related bands: Dhal, eksperimentoj)

tricot

ゲスの極み乙女。

ハイスイノナサ

OGRE YOU ASSHOLE

宇宙コンビニ

plenty

urema (I didn't find a lot of them but I really like this, if you have an album or anything, I'd like a download link ;D)

avengers in sci-fi (the old stuff. I don't like their new mainstream sound :/)

VOLA & THE ORIENTAL MACHINE

Maybe I should say that I don't like "americanish" (haha) stuff like ONE OK ROCK, Spyair or other "mainstream" sound like RADWIMPS, [Champagne], flumpool, etc.

Also I'm not looking for post-rock/math-rock/instrumental bands. I haven't mentioned it but I like té, LITE, rega, mudy on the 昨晩, ...

what is your last.fm?

Seems that la la larks are using crowdfunding to support an official CD release. My Japanese isn't good enough to figure out all of the details, but it seems that the CD's name is supposed to be 「28時」 and that there are 39 days left to support the project. I'm scared to post a news thread for it because like I said before my Japanese is kind of crappy so I'm not certain on anything; anyone with good understanding of Japanese care to shed any more light on this? 

And to stop this from being completely off-topic since that was technically a news update, here's a la la larks X UNCHAIN collab I found floating around on Youtube for you all to admire: http://youtu.be/fXWoXxwl4-c