Sign in to follow this  
elvismania

DIR EN GREY new single "DIFFERENT SENSE" + new preview

God people bitch and complain a lot. When will you guys realize they have been pretty much an album only band for years now? Just look forward to the new song and then the album in the following months.

And I don't know about you, but a "reconstruction" of Tsumi to Batsu is fucking badass, not to mention completely out of left field, considering the fact that they haven't been playing it live.

Tsumi to batsu is one of my least favorite DEG songs, so I'm excited how they'll remake it. I dislike the old version of Zan almost to the same extent, but love the new version, so... I'm hopeful. :)

When will you guys realize they have been pretty much an album only band for years now?

Also, THIS.

Remember what I said a few pages back, DIR EN GREY has stopped doing new songs as B-sides as they have said in interviews that they doesn't see any point in doing that, the albums are coming sooner or later...

We're pretty spoiled Dir en grey fans, 1 month remains til' the single release and there we have only 1½ month left to ALBUM release.

^ i was getting my hopes alive for awhile lol

And yes. It's kinda cool for not waiting so long for an album.

But can be bad too, at least for their single sales :lol:

Normally people would listen to the album than a single.

Honestly, Tsumi to batsu could only get better, the original song is somewhat boring IMO

Edit:

Also it's been censored from 'Crime and Punishment' to 'Crime and Regulation' now, apparently.

Tsumi toBatsu is an amazing song, and the new version will butcher it. There's simpley no doubt about that.

Extremely excited for the new single regardless of the tracklist really. I just need new Dir en grey in my life. I generally don't care as much about the single as the album, so when august gets here I'll actually care about the tracklist, as long as it doesn't have anything remastered or rerecorded or "reconstructed" on it.

They're probably going to re-construct something and it's probably going to be Rasetsukoku. That's just my feeling.

Why would they put that on the album though?

They're already doing Tsumi to Batsu for this single

Wait that was confirmed? I thought Tsumi to Batsu was just speculation! I just guessed Rasetsukoku since they've played it at concerts a lot recently.

Edit: Damn, I totally skipped logging that post mentally. Thanks for that Tokage! At least it's a reconstruction and not a re-recording. There's still some hope left :)

SHOW. LIE. MAD. SEXUAL.

1 SAD SEXUALLY

2 SAD SEXUALLY

that was thunderous.

reminds me when i just got into this scene, into them.

And were screaming this lines from the top of my lungs.

Hope the new version will make me repeating doing this!

I don't think "censored" is the word you're looking for Tokage - I'd call the switch in wording more akin to updating the image of the song.

I don't think "censored" is the word you're looking for Tokage - I'd call the switch in wording more akin to updating the image of the song.

perhaps "toned down" more appropriate? :)

Well, to be honest, I don't really see them getting away with writing a song 'bout molesting a 14 year old girl in their current state.. Then again, it could be a re-imagining, so the theme could be different.

Well, to be honest, I don't really see them getting away with writing a song 'bout molesting a 14 year old girl in their current state.. Then again, it could be a re-imagining, so the theme could be different.

It didn't stop them from writing Agitated Screams of Maggots.

Hm, true, I just hope they don't go the CHUGGA CHUGGA way with it

Tsumi toBatsu is an amazing song, and the new version will butcher it. There's simpley no doubt about that.

troll. the original was terrible...and was from their worst "album". Jeez

Dir en grey will make this bad song much much muchhh better, I'm sure of it!

I enjoyed the original... a lot. I "somewhat" enjoyed the new version of Hydra so maybe there will be hope to this new Tsumi to batsu.

"worst album"

PFFFFFFFFT.

Lyrical content of the remake is far more interesting than the new sound (which is kinda...predictable?) - if they sung in the original about juvenile raping...are they gonna sing about butchering and raping in that remake (À la Cannibal Corpse)? I imagine that they would surely do that since they are known of their creepy and gloomy lyrics, right? It's gonna get more and more explicit :D

EDIT: good example -> lyrics of new Zan >< old Zan

or even better

Obscure -new ver. - >< Obscure -old ver.-

Well at the end of the day it all comes down to personal opinion. Some people prefer their VK era rather than their contemporary one or simply just love most of their material. I thought Gauze was an amazing album. We have yet to hear this new single before we all start strangling each other.

regardless of how it sounds, it's obvious that there will be a huge shit storm of backlash from either side. I plan on disappearing for a few weeks after the release xD

Sign in to follow this