The general Metal discussion thread

I'm not a regular metalhead anymore, but randomly stumbled upon an Italian (somewhat technical and kinda symphonic?) death metal band called Fleshgod Apocalypse.

I've always been meaning to check them out. I think I always mixed them up with Septic Flesh, for some reason.

Anyway, I watched the video for The Violation just now and it sounds pretty cool. Will be trying more. :D

If you don't like Fleshgod's new record you need to sit in a dark corner and contemplate your existence.

Seriously, they are great. Although I wasn't to keen on the symphonic elements being mixed higher than the guitar tracks on Agony, sometimes they drown out the guitar work. I've felt the same with Septicflesh's work as well but I still enjoy the shit out of their releases.

Listening to the new (well, released in May) Anaal Nathrakh album Passion. Pretty good so far, the usual angry-sounding thunderstorming tracks. :) Especially this caught my attention:

I_L5AFLsQMY

I'm going to be the odd man out here and say, that i can't stand either ( new ) Septicflesh nor Fleshgod Apocalypse :D.

Lately I've been on a metal binge with some oddities working as exceptions, but those are related to metal someway or another. For example the Disco-Beherit albums, "Landscape" Ildjarn and LLN related stuff like Aäkon Këëtrëh and Amaka Hahina to name a few. Also the Hellenic BM-scene has had a strong representation in my listenings lately, like old Rotting Christ, Varathron, Deviser, Macabre Omen, Necromantia, Nocternity and such. Necros Christos need to be mentioned as well from the Death Metal side... and Dead Congregation.

The real purpose of this post was to inform that the Wolves in the Throne Room album leaked. Go get it :D

Lately I have listening Ghost Brigade's new album Until Fear No Longer Defines Us and Liked it a lot ,

not never listening other Cd's that thay had maked

Oh and Opeth new album Heritage leaked , I gonna listen it.

Just got into In Solitude (from Sweden). They play pretty cool old-school heavy metal with occult themes, remotely similar to '80s Mercyful Fate (sans the falsetto vocals). I definitely recommend them to MF fans, or any old-school metal fans. :)

QzRyOSz2fjE

Lately I have listening Ghost Brigade's new album Until Fear No Longer Defines Us and Liked it a lot ,

That album is so fantastic. Chamber is one of the most beautiful songs, lyric wise I've ever heard.

That album is so fantastic. Chamber is one of the most beautiful songs, lyric wise I've ever heard.

That song is cool but I like all tracks in that album

Nightwish new album coming out November 30th and Lantlos' new album comes out October 28th. Lots of good stuff coming our way, especially since Old Silver Key should have their album being released within the next week or so.

^ I somewhat agree with that. It was a good album, but I will have to listen to it a couple of time more, because it kinda... merged together.

In other news.... has anyone tried Einherjer's new album yet? I was really :hyper: about their reunion, and I heard good things about the album already. Downloading it now.

I LOVE Slayer. They were one of the first metal bands I've heard, I was 13 XD My favourite album is God Hates Us All anyway, but Reign in Blood is still a masterpiece. Angel of Death <3

^ Yeah, God Hates Us All is a kickass album: the good ol' Slayer attitude with a beefed-up sound. :) My other faves are South of Heaven and Seasons in the Abyss. The other albums are good too but these are the most memorable for me.

Dave Lombardo is one of my fave drummer of all time.

His drummings just so fabulous. It sets the pace.

Slayer is not quite slaying without him.

Dave Lombardo is one of my fave drummer of all time.

His drummings just so fabulous. It sets the pace.

Slayer is not quite slaying without him.

Wow didn't know you like Slayer! :D

And while we're at Dave Lombardo and Slayin', here's a fun medley/tribute by Mike Patton's Fantomas project (also featuring Lombardo on drums of course :)):

64zaVEQBMiw

Oh man, I'm just starting on the new Lantlôs album and the first four minutes of Intrauterin is intense! I'm really liking what I'm hearing so far. AGAPE was definitely worth the wait.

6-Px-0q_f24

(You should all listen :D)

Neige: Well, listen to me Herbst, we have to write a new album for Lantlos

Herbst: Do you have anything new in mind, any new tunes?

Neige: Hmm, actually no. but I can write 4 or 5 songs within a couple of days. I'll make them really simple but the fans will love them, the hype you know...

Herbst: Let's put some jazzy shit there to make the songs sound weird!

Neige: Coool! And a really good artwork, a brilliant production and promotion from the label! But fuck, we have no songs now. But who cares?

Herbst: We can claim the songs are simple because we are modern and we make minimal music.

Neige: You are on fire!!

Herbst: Well, let's start with B minor and then....hmm no inspiration, help me Neige!!

Neige: And...we end with B minor man! This is minimal!!

Herbst: Awwweeesomeee!!

After one more listen, i realised the new Lantlos is really boring and bad. The so called "Jazz Parts" sound more like an Ambient Soundtrack for a boring Point and Click Adventure Game.Total Lack of Passion. There actually is no Songwriting at all. But the Production and the Performance (mainly the Drummer) is nice.