The general Metal discussion thread

nucleus-2-cover-sm.jpg

First off, that cover art is beautiful. Secondly, that sounds awesome. Sci-fi death metal heavily inspired by Demilich, Nocturnus and the likes. Sounds very good!

Hour of 13 who released the modern doom/heavy metal album Hour of 13 have just changed named to Hour of Thirteen, and also changed style to a more death rock influenced heavy metal sound. On the two last releases he's covered a Christian Death track and two Samhain tracks, and you can also hear this influence on his own new tracks too. As every of his new albums got worse and worse I think this was a smart move. Sounds way more inspired now, and it sounds excellent.

https://hourofthirteen.bandcamp.com/album/feast-and-flame-ep

https://hourofthirteen.bandcamp.com/album/a-knell-within-the-crypt-ep

https://lordrot.bandcamp.com/

Lord Rot, Swedish-sounding death metal by the guy from Hellripper. If you can't get enough of Dismember's Like an Everflowing Stream, Carnage's Dark Recollections, God Macabre's The Winterlong..., Entombed's Left Hand Path, Nihilist, Nirvana 2002 and so on then this is for you. Excellent stuff, especially the EP.

fuck yes !

youtube just recommended this,and it looks quite interesting

sounds like some blackened death metal,the vocals are fuckin sick 

Edited by Euronymous

Was just gonna post that new Abbath track. It's alright, better than the majority of the tracks on his debut album. But it doesn't sound like anything other than a leftover track from Immortal's All Shall Fall. But glad he finally decided to drop the stupid Creature mask for the drummer. And while on the subject of the drummer, that is some boring drumming. That's the type of shit I program on my computer when making tracks, only thing is program it in 2 minutes just so I can give a better impression of what it's gonna sound like. That's just lazy drumming.

I've been exploring some industrial metal lately and discovered this band called 3TEETH. I'm currently incredibly addicted to their second album, "Shutdown.exe". My favorite tracks from it would probably be "Pit of Fire" and "Shutdown".

They'll also be releasing their third album in July and I'm super excited for it already.

Anyone else here ever heard of these guys? Or a fan of similar kind of music?

(I hope this is metal enough for this thread haha.)

a1402953937_10.jpg

Lord Gore - Cronenberg

https://lordgore.bandcamp.com/track/entheogenocide

https://lordgore.bandcamp.com/track/incubation-sickness

https://lordgore.bandcamp.com/track/million-maggot-march

I can't see this as being of interest to anyone on this forum, but this shit needs to be posted. Lord Gore recently got back together after having disbanded in 2006 and released a new demo. Death metal/grindcore tracks in the vein of Impetigo, Blood Freak, Mortician and so on. Just spun it and it sounds awesome. So nasty!

0015546142_10.jpg

https://vigordeconstruct.bandcamp.com

https://www.facebook.com/VigorDeconstruct

Vigor Deconstruct exists for musicians whose certain addiction to art has a place in an environment where it can be channeled into catharsis. With an emphasis on dark and creative music of the mind, our ambition is to work with these individuals to build a place where artists can hold each other accountable when (inevitably) muddied fates of bore and survival prohibit further explorations of the inner skull. We seem to balance this elusive ebony and ivory that lives in perpetuity among us in order to deconstruct that which is around us. We seek to be free of judgement, fear, and suffering so that we may reach a greater understanding through our stories and characters. We have no dogma, and we continue, inevitably, even as the chest rots, because there is hardly an alternative to be found.

Also, it's a record label.

Before we continue, we'd like to thank the finally fallen, Fallen Empire Records for years of support and bringing many of us together to this point in time. It goes without saying that this label has been a fundamental source of inspiration to many of us along for the joyride in this perpetual elevator we call Earth.

Vigor Deconstruct is a new record label partially risen from the ashes of Fallen Empire Records — this new structure being erected by Markov Soroka (US/Ukraine: Tchornobog, Aureole, Krukh, Drown, etc.). I'm pleased to have assisted Markov with the introduction of Argonavis (Canada), one of the label's signed bands. The two other names I am presently co-signing to the label will be revealed later this year, both are currently in the progress of recording and mastering their new releases. Look forward to it! 

Edited by Lestat

Holyarrow's newest album is available ! The first track foreshadows a good album ! 

Cheesy but still enjoyable !

I am really looking forward to Visigoth new EP !

Thought the new Gloryhammer was massively disappointing myself. Mainly because I found to be far from cheesy. Straight-forward, predictable and slightly boring. Where's the over the top moments that you'll find on basically every single song they've released up until now? But then again, I did not like the first single from their previous album, although I like it a lot now. So maybe this will grow too, but I doubt it.

Discovered this yesterday. Imagine of Entombed's Wolverine Blues had an ugly child. Rawer, meaning and not quite as rocking as Wolverine Blues. Really liked this shit. Death 'n' roll with more death and rock.

Indeed. I highly recommend Maniac Neil's two other bands Blood Freak and Frightmare too. Three first Blood Freak albums and both Frightmare albums are easily among my favourite grindcore albums. Would include them on a top 10 grindcore albums any day of the week.

Newest project by D. (Woods of Desolation, Forest Mysticism, Grey Waters) and again he's releasing something excellent. Not too different from the two last Woods of Desolation albums, but that's fine with me. Could easily have been released as a Woods of Desolation album IMO.

Holy fuck, everything we've heard from the upcoming Gaahls Wyrd album is so promising. Judging from the released tracks this is gonna be Gaahls best album since Trelldom's second album, Til et annet... Though I really like Gaahlskagg, Gorgoroths Incipit Sata and both the Wardruna albnums he was on, this just sounds like it's gonna be on a whole other level. Incredibly majestic and hypnotizing.

Cadaver just released a video to a new track called Circle of Morbidity from an upcoming album, which will be their first albums since 2004's excellent Necrosis. Everyone involved on Necrosis is gone and he's just brought in Dirk Verbeuren (Soilwork, Megadeth, Scarvem The Project Hate MCMXCIX and so on).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myYOlvgcL_A

That's not too bad actually. Not quite Hallucinating Anxiety, ...In Pains or Necrosis, or their Discipline albums released under the name Cadaver Inc. But it's a lot better than I had expected.

I can't believe I've missed out on this album. Progressive black/death metal with Leo Ekström Sollenmo (Lethal Steel, Tøronto) and Robert Andersson (ex-Morbus Chron). It's hard not to compare it with both Tribulation and Morbus Chron, but it's mor eon the black metal-side of things than both these bands.

Speed metal with members and ex-members of bands such as Morbus Chron,  Lethal Steel and Temisto. Catchy stuff in the vein of Exciter and Motorhead.

Brilliant Swedish death metal that sadly broke up after just one demo. For fans of Necrovore, Hexenslaught, Poison, Treblinka, Incubus and so on. 10/10!

Sielunvihollinen and Deus Mortem are discoveries indeed. On their debut EP Deus Mortem actually covered the classic Sigh track The Knell. Sadly, it's not good at all. It's bloody awful. But their newer stuff is very good. The new album should be fantastic.

769367.jpg?2308

https://vulturekills.bandcamp.com/album/ghastly-waves-battered-graves

The new track, B.T.B. (Beyond the Blade), is so good and that cover art is awesome. This will be great!

770853.jpg?3743

Krypts - Cadaver Circulation

I thought the demo and EP they released in 2009 and 2011 were excellent, but their debut album disappointed me a lot. It just lacked the sheer twisted darkness they had before it. Couldn't really get into the production at all. The second album was a huge step ut but I never could get into it like I did the demos. But I tried the debut album again earlier today and thought it was really good, so I will give both albums a new, fair chance. Hopefully they'll stick better now than they did.

771593.jpg?4127

The Lord Weird Slough Feg - New Organon

A band that, at their best, have been brilliant, but I can't get into everything. I like their more sci-fi themed albums like Traveller and Digital Resistance. But apparently this doesn't sound anything like those albums.

772190.jpg?4654

Amulet - The Inevitable War

Their debut album, The First, are a masterpiece of modern heavy metal so I cannot wait for this. Expectations are HIGH!

771464.jpg?5118

Lvcifyre - Sacrament

Their previous stuff has been alright so this is interesting. Death/black metal.

766730.jpg?5937

Hellish Grave - Hell No Longer Waits

Black/thrash. Older stuff is good, so this should be cool too.

Eskapism (Atmospheric black metal) from Ukraine will release their second album "Ancient Songs Of The Wind" in 2019. The cover was made by Lenar Liner.

Tracklist :

1. Revival
2. The Last Words Of The Wind
3. Autumn Sorrow
4. The Cold Breath Of North
5. Dead Willow
6. Lost Land
7. De Planctu Naturae
8. Wind From Niflheim

Eskapism%20-%20Ancient%20Songs%20of%20th

You can also listen to VARGRAV's newest album "Reign in Supreme Darkness" (out on 2019.04.26). I still have to listen to it though...

Edited by The Piass

the artwork of these two albums caught my attention,then gave it a spin,and holy mother and saints.this shit fucks hard

fans of brutal death metal with  vocals a la Hooded Menace gonna like both

this Celtic Frost vibe tho. awesome track

Edited by Euronymous