Sign in to follow this  
Spike760

The GazettE - STACKED RUBBISH

I never drew a comparison with Deg at all. The more I listen to the album, the more I like it on its own merits. <3 I don't think it sucks myself, but to each his own.

I like old-school Linkin Park, so my comparison to them wasn't an insult. XD

Dir en Grey sounds poopy compared to Gazette D:

Hyi sinua XD kaikkien kuuluu tykätä stacked rubbishista!

They're both poop. :3

Don't get me wrong, I like Gazette. Atleast I liked. I prefer their rockish stuff.

Don't get me wrong' date=' I like Gazette. Atleast I liked. I prefer their rockish stuff. [/quote']

>:3 Well then. What do you like?

I mean. Im so new to J-rock that I like almost everything xD

I can't really decide what is good and what is bad.

There is just.. well.. good, better and the best!

They do NOT sound like Dir en grey in this album or anywhere else.

Not visually neither musically closer.

but they sound like limp bizkit in agony. *hide away*

@Nekomimi

Liking a lot of things has nothing to do with knowing a lot of bands. Not everyone that has a lot of music need to bitch in other people or act like music elitists. XD

It has to do with your own musical taste.

For example: Vidoll was one of the first bands I ever heard in J-Rock, and didn't like them at that time. And I still don't like them, after knewing many more bands. ;P

Don't get me wrong' date=' I like Gazette. Atleast I liked. I prefer their rockish stuff. [/quote']

What Gazette songs I like or what bands I like?

Well I originally meant what kind of bands you like.

But to think about it..

Yeah, also what GazettE songs you like?

@Foshokku::

True. I hate it when people say something weird like "they sound like this and that" and I can't see any connection at all xD

To me music is just.. well, it has nothing to do with the voice of the singer.

I can't even tell what band is in question from the voice of the singer.

I usually hear only the whole concept.

But that has nothing to do with this!

I just feel it too difficult to say anything.. smart -.-'

because I can't say anything, lawls xD

I like it all!

Stacked Rubbish Review

This is my official and FINAL review of the newest the GazettE album ‘Stacked Rubbish.’ All judgment and comments are final! If you don’t like the way I critique a song deal with it. This will be done in order of the songs that come on the album.

The first song is ‘Art Drawn by Vomit.’ This isn’t really a song; it’s more of a beat with Ruki’s deeper voice. He speaks “Hey Jesusâ€

Well I originally meant what kind of bands you like.

But to think about it..

Yeah, also what GazettE songs you like?

I've posted my favorite bands to the favorite bands thread.

My favorite Gazette songs are:

Gentle Lie

Regret

Ganges ni akai bara

Calm Envy

Cassis

Miseinen

Baretta

Shadow something

Silly God Disco

etc. ^_____^

Well after reading what everyone has to say I had an idea. Do you guys think that VK is slowly dying? Like hear me for a second. Ok I guess I'll take a band that pretty much EVERYone's heard of, Dir en grey. They went from VK to their current style because they saw it was turning into a different type of VK then the one that they used to play. Bands that formed a bit after their time have also come to do the same thing. It's like how here in America has evolved over the time. Sure there are tons of VK bands out now, you know make-up, cross dressing, nasally sounding voices, but none that has quite been the same as how I used to here it. Ok so this idea may be obvious and I'm probably going to get my ass kicked for this post but still I just think the GazettE is evolving away from their old style and starting to play what they think sounds like what rock has evolved to. Or hell, maybe they just wanna try something different. Anyway sorry to waste 3 minutes of your life.

The original Visual Kei has been dead for many years. Nowadays Visual Kei is just a trend for teenage girls.

I totally agree, but I still miss the old VK!!! T.T

i dont think VK was dead or about to dead

if so why did SKIN still use VK and as yoshiki said about SKIN on SKIN offical Myspace---> “We don't want the genre to die away. We're going to spike our hair and embrace full-on visual kei!â€

Well after reading what everyone has to say I had an idea. Do you guys think that VK is slowly dying? Like hear me for a second. Ok I guess I'll take a band that pretty much EVERYone's heard of, Dir en grey. They went from VK to their current style because they saw it was turning into a different type of VK then the one that they used to play. Bands that formed a bit after their time have also come to do the same thing. It's like how here in America has evolved over the time. Sure there are tons of VK bands out now, you know make-up, cross dressing, nasally sounding voices, but none that has quite been the same as how I used to here it. Ok so this idea may be obvious and I'm probably going to get my ass kicked for this post but still I just think the GazettE is evolving away from their old style and starting to play what they think sounds like what rock has evolved to. Or hell, maybe they just wanna try something different. Anyway sorry to waste 3 minutes of your life.

I lost just one. :/

Well, I agree at some point, but not at all of it.

Saying that VK is dead is at the same time right and wrong.

Surely it isn't like old times, 'cause it evolved into something new which happens to be nowadays VK scene.

Personally, I don't label bands as "Visual Kei", 'cause it seems too vague. For me, only Angura, Nagoya and Kotekote (I think it's this the word) have some meaning, and I just use these terms to put them into a group of similar artists for people to know them easier.

I prefer refering to them as Rock, (sub-genre) Metal and *something eletronic*. No "Goth" stuff too.

that's what I mean. Visual kei can just be slapped on anything nowadays just because people have nice clothing. I once heard a few people calling Asian Kung-fu generation VK. *shakes head in disappointment* And I'm with you too, I'm not really into labels. Btw, can you clarify Nagoya, angura and kotekote for me? I've heard those terms often and only had to use context clues to decipher them xD. Isn't Angura kei like Karimero and Nagoya like deathgaze?

Nagoya Kei:?(????, nagoya-kei; -kei "type," "style"?) is a term that refers to a subdivision of the visual kei music scene centered in and around the city of Nagoya, Japan as well as other parts of the Aichi Prefecture. Compared with the music of the visual kei scene as a whole, the Nagoya kei sound is generally notably darker and defined by influence from more specific and mainly underground western sources, including British punk and goth/deathrock music of the late 1970's and early 80's including post-punk, and later, grunge and modern death metal.

Angura kei: is a shortened form of the english word 'underground'. This is a cultural movement in Japan that dated back to the 1960's and had a great expression in independent theatre. It is a movement who influenced many manga artists who tried to find a unique identity for their own cultures. It also linked with the Eroguro style, but the main difference was that angura is darker and more formal. The use of Japanese uniform, kimono, or other traditional garb is very common in angura-kei bands.

VK is rather interesting... GazettE's new album is pretty different from what they first started out. Some of the songs are pretty good... But I'm not so sure about the other ones... I mean, they sound good... But I'm not sure I'd actually classify it as rock... more as pop.... lol. But I still love 'em. =P

Agreed on that. But still, nevertheless, they're songs are still good. And it's nice that they change a bit too. Cause it'd be kinda well... uninteresting to just listen to the same kind of stuff over and over again. And they're quality improved a lot, or at least with their PVs... At least I think so. But I like their old stuff too, lol.

There, my 100th post right here~~~~~

I can't disagree more

I've been holding off review thing for a while, but I finally got around to it, so here I go: If you like this album, you might want to skip reading this XD

ART DRAWN BY VOMIT comes off as that horrible intro song that everybody skips... It's repetitive, has nothing interesting, and the female vocals are annoying, lol. The DJ-ing radio scratching is over done... What is the gazette doing? I thought they would have realized doing this kind of stuff sucked when they released Disorder, and that intro track was better!

AGONY starts off pretty neat, but that's about it. Ruki sucks at rapping, end of story, lol. If I wanted to listen to this kind of music, I'd listen to Rage against the machine, which is way better at this stuff...

HYENA being a one on a single, I've already given it a good few plays. It's a good song, but I still end up skipping it on shuffle.

BURIAL APPLICANT suffers from the gazette's desire too use the scratching effect way too much, lol. I like the soft parts of the song, but the louder parts are nothing special... and is it just me, but is Ruki's voice kind of week in this one? The spasm in the middle of the song is pretty sweet, but not enough to save this song from being mediocre.

Ganges ni akai bara would be neater is I haven't felt like I've heard it so many times before, both from Gazette and other bands... it's just boring... A skip button song, lol.

REGRET was an awesome song on the single, and it still is.

CALM ENVY is a boring ballad with an irritating female vocal injected into it. It actually wouldn't be too bad if they took the female vocals out (it'd still be boring as shit, though)

SWALLOWTAIL ON DEATH VALLEY is just terrible... ::Shoots female vocals:: Sounds like a horrible attempt to pull off another "Filth in the Beauty"

MOB 136 BARS is one of those nameless hardcore songs... By no means bad, just the sounds been done by so many bands already... If you're looking for some good hard songs check out Disorder.

Gentle Lie is pretty good, but that's about it, lol.

Filth in the Beauty is amazing. Best Gazette song ever, with out a doubt in my mind, and one of my favorite songs ever. If only the rest of the album was on this level.

CIRCLE OF SWINDLER: see comment on MOB 136 BARS

Chizuru I've always enjoyed. Not amazing, but just great to listen too.

PEOPLE ERROR would be the biggest fuck up on this album had it not been for their intro song. Jesus, Gazette, if I wanted to listen to just piano, I would listen to classical... which, no offense you guys, you are not and unless you're going to switch musical genres, you will never be. Nice to listen too, but pisses me off. I feel like they just ripped me off of what could have been an interesting track... Not to mention that it fades out, what a cheap way to end a song. This may have been one of the worst ways to end an album since Diru's Kisou.

All in all, I think this album blew, lol. I was psyched for this album, as I like Gazette, but every new song was a major let down. The gazette has failed at hip-hop, apparently Filth in the beauty must have been a major fluke to have turned out so amazing XD I'm interested at where gazette will be headed next, and I hope they prove me theory wrong, or they undergo another change... I just hope what ever it is it's better than this... lol.

Sign in to follow this