Sign in to follow this  
Pandabear

Practice

Unless you have your own private studio where you can be as loud as you want, I find its tough to find a decent place where you can practice your instrument, especially with a full band. I'd thought about sound proofing or going to rent out a studio but at the moment for me it's unnecessary. Usually I stick to playing my violin and acoustic guitar so I can get away with playing them at home without any noise complaints. If I decide to play my electric guitar I run it through a small 30watt Marshall practice AMP and hook up some Shure headphones to it.

How does every else overcome the noise complaint problem?

When I'm with my band we practice at some place that rents practice locations lol. Sound isolation, speakers, amps, drumkit, mixpanel.

At home I just run my guitar through a mini-amp, Orange Crush Pix 12watt. Sound's decent enough for at home.

When I'm with my band we practice at some place that rents practice locations lol. Sound isolation, speakers, amps, drumkit, mixpanel.

This.

in home I use a line 6 spider IV 30 w. with headphones if I wanna blow my mind.

As I live in a city now, I run my guitar through my Line 6 POD 2.0, then from there to laptop/headphones. But before I lived out in the middle of nowhere. Could crank my tube amp to max if I wanted to. That was probably the only good thing about living in the middle of nowhere.

Sign in to follow this