Jigsaw9

Tsuzuku/GENKI TAKEBUCHI new project SpelL first single "SPELL" release

DAMN THIS SONG SLAPS. finally! we can hear THIS voice. 8P-SB genki sounds different. and this new project sounds good! 

On 12/9/2020 at 4:39 PM, Karma’s Hat said:

4. he is already sending sms to his mitsu, telling them to wire him more money for ramen or otherwise he isn't going to do this

give to me his bank account! just let him do THIS if he really enjoy it! 

it's corona time... we can't expect band. but solo projects can hire support members, right? no hopes here. BUT HELL YAH. Go Genki!

On 12/12/2020 at 8:40 AM, appl- said:

DAMN THIS SONG SLAPS. finally! we can hear THIS voice. 8P-SB genki sounds different. and this new project sounds good! 

give to me his bank account! just let him do THIS if he really enjoy it! 

it's corona time... we can't expect band. but solo projects can hire support members, right? no hopes here. BUT HELL YAH. Go Genki!

he's blacklisted in most of visual kei/rock live houses so there's no places where he can play as a band

11 hours ago, ricchubunny said:

he's blacklisted in most of visual kei/rock live houses so there's no places where he can play as a band

Did we ever figure out why exactly? I don't understand how you can get blacklisted from all the live houses in japan. I still feel like he's one of the best visual kei vocalists around if he's allowed to create and prosper. 

man, i feel like genki’s singing voice is an acquired taste, cause i feel like the only one who doesn’t really like it or think it’s good. i did like mejibray and 8P-SB though, but i’ve always thought this.

then again i love karma’s voice so maybe i just have shit taste lmfaooo :wan-12:

i do wonder if he’ll have supports if he does keep going and do a live...

3 hours ago, lichtlune said:

Did we ever figure out why exactly? I don't understand how you can get blacklisted from all the live houses in japan. I still feel like he's one of the best visual kei vocalists around if he's allowed to create and prosper. 

From what I understand it has to do with his contract / expiration of contract pretaining to MEJIBRAY... like how some artists sign contracts with labels where if their band disbands, the members cannot immediately form a new band for a certain period of time afterwards (?). Or maybe it's just some shady thing behind the scenes that we are not privy to.

Anyway, this is speculation/just my interpretation, so if someone's more in the know please clarify.

Edited by Jigsaw9

Well, we got one half of 8B-SP making not-as-bad-music now. Now I just hope that Koichi snaps out of his xanny rapper phase and realizes that he's basically Aliexpress Lil Peep

12 hours ago, visvasrit said:

man, i feel like genki’s singing voice is an acquired taste, cause i feel like the only one who doesn’t really like it or think it’s good. i did like mejibray and 8P-SB though, but i’ve always thought this.

then again i love karma’s voice so maybe i just have shit taste lmfaooo :wan-12:

I'd say Karma and Genki are on the same level of acquired taste. For sure Genki could make your ears bleed, but Karma isn't exactly far from that lol Before I get stabbed by either group of stans, I like both mej and 8P-SB and I enjoy Rands as background music.

12 hours ago, lichtlune said:

There was a lot of weirdness surrounding mejibray's disband. Koichi and Tzk were pretty vocal (for j-band standards) about how they were unhappy with the label/scene(?) and I think those two got in a lot of trouble specifically. Meto and Mia still do lives wherever they can get them, so clearly they didn't piss off any big guys

12 hours ago, lichtlune said:

https://terubakudan.tumblr.com/post/175724324458/whats-going-on-with-8p-sb-mejibray-and-forum

This is actually very pretty precise for a tumblr rumor post.

Basically, that's it.

3 hours ago, platy said:

Karma isn't exactly far from that lol

his vocals were a perfect fit for avelcain.

rands mostly got too ambitious for his very limited natural talent he doesn't seem keen on upgrading so most of the time he outright sucked at whatever he attempted there with a few exceptions that were basically AC redux.

it's out x (the song that is, the video will premiere a few hours later)

It's so sad listening to him in such a no-budget production... Compared to this even 8P-SB sounded 'professional' lmao........

Otherwise it's an okay song but buried under a weak exterior. Disappointing.

Edited by Jigsaw9

I feel lowkey bad when i see Genki doing his stuff all alone in his room. (i wouldn't be surprised if he recorded and mixed it all alone in his room)

Koichi is on "world-travel" after arabic topic with salam, the last stuff seems to be chinese-themed (Was there a MV? Was there supposed to be a MV? I don't care too much, because what he is doing now is absolutly not my thing)
Its just feel like all the money went to Koichi and Genki went empty handed? Or why Koichi seems to be able to have staff and shooting locations etc. 
Is Koichi going down on anyone for this stuff?

Eitherway
I think Genkis new project seems to be somewhere fine. At least better what he did till now, but yeah... I'd be happy if would stop the self-made MVs filmed in his room. Any lyric video with a plain photo, drawing, small animations in the background feels better. 

So, I have no prior experience with Mejibray or 8p-sb, so I can only judge this song from musical point.
It is listenable and salvageable. Just change the chorus.
But why did he put that ultrasound? It ruins the song.