Jigsaw9

Tsuzuku/GENKI TAKEBUCHI new project SpelL first single "SPELL" release

Looks like ex-MEJIBRAY/8p-sb frontman Tsuzuku/GENKI has a new project called SpelL. First digital single titled "SPELL" will be released on 2020/12/15.

You can see a snippet of the music video here:

And if at least 300 ppl retweet this, he'll reveal the full version:

Honestly, I feel like I would like the song itself if not for this godawful no-budget ridiculously ass production. Hoping this is not the "final product" but just a taste of the general direction of this project right before recruiting actual band members (cuz then I'd listen to their future releases for sure).

Edited by Jigsaw9

I love it, simply Tzk bringing back the qualities that people liked him for in MEJIBRAY. Let's see how this single is!! 

trembling bambi is doing at least as good if not a better job than 8p-sb anyway. By which I mean, I liked.. one of those songs once...

The start sounded great, the rest...well...I guess I can get used to it yeah, but honestly I like the direction this is going

Honestly hope this turns into something. Intresting. Of course it wont be groundbreaking mejibray interesting but something better then the Vkei Pop idol train wreckage.

Edited by Axius

I'm a longtime fan of Genki, but I really can't get into this. D The song is awful, the video looks like it was filmed in his apartment, and this look is um.,.,.,not it. The only thing I like about this is that he seems to sort of look vk again? Hoping that he will notice the attention this is getting and use it as an excuse to start making better quality content. But at the same time I'm not expecting much tbh since I guess this is the only type of content he's probably able to make right now because of the pandemic. Don't wanna get my hopes up too much ;;

I honestly prefer this over the mejibray and numbers and letters stuff. I just hope the production is gonna be better in the full thing 

The vocal melody and the way he performs it sounds like it could be from an unreleased, late-Mejibray song. The problem is that he is 

1. in his shitty apartment, filming this with the same web camera he does vlogs with

2. he probably produced it himself

3. the most he could invest in a look was a suit rental, or just using the one his mom bought for him for a relative's funeral back in 2004

4. he is already sending sms to his mitsu, telling them to wire him more money for ramen or otherwise he isn't going to do this

when you have such a rinky-dink start to your new project, I'm not holding out any hopes. he is my favorite bandman of the 2010's but after the 8P-SB i just can't let myself be emotionally invested anymore. now, not having a budget is not a problem... if this was a genre with some idk artistic ambition and integrity such, and not the polar opposite, which is vk. it's been a long time since we had bands like ruellia and mercuro that went on without any production values with sheer vision and T A L E N T. this isn't going to be one of those

Edited by Karma’s Hat

Tbh, this is so much better than that 8P-SB thingy. :D 

I know the budget is low on the other hand with this teaser-recording, but somehow the song itself is quite interesting.

Been fan of Tzk/genki's since MEJIBRAY though his solo singles were cool too. I'm just glad it's NOTHING like 8P-SB so much, only wondering where this is actually going... it doesn't give me the THIS IS THA SHIT-vibe yet, but giving it a go for now :)