Demivee

MUCC SATOち leaves the band

Leaving a band that has worked so hard for 23 years. You should retire with your band if your going to want to finish everything. Love the dude but just why "Retire" without your band doing the same. You've been in here for 23 years and put all this effort in? Hopefully he doesnt leave.

Edited by Axius
Overraction

30 minutes ago, Axius said:

Leaving a band that has worked so hard for 23 years he deserved to get kicked out im sorry. You should retire with your band if your going to want to finish everything. Love the dude but just why "Retire" without your band doing the same. You've been in here for 23 years and put all this effort in? It makes no sense i dont care what his reason is unless its health related. 

worst take on this thread by far. and i've never cared about mucc. yikes.

did you even read the announcement? lol

Just now, suji said:

worst take on this thread by far. and i've never cared about mucc. yikes.

did you even read the announcement? lol

I apologize for my overreaction i had a rather bad day lol. I re-read the post i got it now. 

12 minutes ago, Axius said:

I apologize for my overreaction i had a rather bad day lol. I re-read the post i got it now. 

Totally understand. Hope things get better for you 🙏

He didn't get kicked out tho and deserves to live his own life.

2 minutes ago, suji said:

Totally understand. Hope things get better for you 🙏

He didn't get kicked out tho and deserves to live his own life.

Yes i agree. I hope he is able to some of my favorite musicians have been given that chance before. 

Sad to hear. wish him the best for the future endeavors.

He is not too visible for me, so I still had to look him up to remember how he look like, when I think of MUCC it was always either Tatsurou or Yukke cos how visual they are even now, they are just *pops*, you know. So this effect will be positive for him, I hope. He can go back into regular life without many noticing who he was. I mean, if someone as visual as Klaha can go out of the scene without a trace, Satochi can too.

Edited by LIDL

They're an institution, but just like with Merry, the new music is too awful for me to care what happens to them going forward. Still, I'm shocked that they're going to continue. They can draw a decent house though, which does mean that there'd be money left on the table if they chose to call it quits now.

Oh yeah, and shame about that EU tour not happening. Piano was a decent album, I would've liked to see them play that one. The one that came this year on the other hand... less said the better.

Edited by Karma’s Hat

Everytime when I'm saying "i love mucc" I catch myself listening mostly, if not only, to their stuff from 2000-2007.. Drumming was always fine to me. I wonder what is going to happen next to them but I doubt they music will suddenly shift and start to be more appealing to me

btw nukegara is a banger.

10 hours ago, jon_jonz said:

He was also playing the drums for METRONOME  ever since they came back.

aka the inferior band tbh

But for real, this is unexpected. I haven't enjoyed a MUCC album since Shion but i'm sure their later music is at least tolerable (just not my cup of tea). I wish the band well in whatever happens to them in 2021. 

I'm glad he will never read this thread because some comments here make me uncomfortable. After 23 years of activity in a band so productive, he deserve a little bit of respect. These 4 guys were one of the best band during live shows, it's not about being a " technical drummer " or things like that. It's about emotion and alchemy between members. And I think most people who have seen them live would agree.

Edited by Kirito

Pleaseeee I’ve been crying for two days already when I got the e-mail from the fanclub 😭😭. Never in my life I’d think I would see “important announcement” from MUCC and get scared and want to burn the e-mail. 
This band has done so much for my heart, has given me a solid reason to continue giving my best and the fact that one of the members decided to go on his own path saddens me so much, but at the same time I can only respect his decision. It wasn’t a sudden one, this man has been thinking about it and finally talked with the members in May 😭. Satochi seems like such a bright happy soul, but when I read in their book and other interviews how he’s dealt with suicidal thoughts and all that and yet still managed to be such a great musician, makes me so proud as a fan. I can only support them all and continue to love this band. 

I don't really follow MUCC, despite liking a few of their songs, but I'm still a bit sad to hear about this. 23 years is such a long time to be in a band - especially with the same line-up. Must have been a hard decision to make.

On a side note, it's going to feel weird living in a world where the drummers of MUCC and ROTTENGRAFFTY don't randomly look like brothers. They've gotta find another guy with that look, or the balance of the world might be thrown off. 😅

o1053057314816657528.jpg

Screenshot-500.jpg

Edited by violetchain

1 hour ago, violetchain said:

I don't really follow MUCC, despite liking a few of their songs, but I'm still a bit sad to hear about this. 23 years is such a long time to be in a band - especially with the same line-up. Must have been a hard decision to make.

On a side note, it's going to feel weird living in a world where the drummers of MUCC and ROTTENGRAFFTY don't randomly look like brothers. They've gotta find another guy with that look, or the balance of the world might be thrown off. 😅

o1053057314816657528.jpg

Screenshot-500.jpg

Aaaaaaa this is so lovely 😭💕💕!! I remember watching that livestream because of all three bands being together 💕💕😭

I had been thinking about it and, based on what I picked up after becoming a fan, I don’t really see them go with a permanent new drummer. I obviously have no idea but, I think that they would have a support drummer (maybe from other bands from time to time, maybe a drummer that’s doing solo activities or something like that). They’ve known each other since middle school before even deciding to start a band, before meeting Miya and I think it would be pretty tough (?). But again, this is just an opinion XD. They’re basically family and I hope that they’re doing what’s best for them. I hope that they will make precious memories until Spring next year so that Satochi can leave with his warm sunshine smile 😭💕. I’ll miss him dearly 💕💕

Edited by Triangle

I honestly don’t see MUCC replacing him. They’ll probably get some session players. Hiroshi Sasabuchi maybe?

Edited by Saishu

Yeah, my thinking is they probably go the same route as MERRY (I assume), with support musicians.

SATOchi was such a staple of the band (just like the other members), it wouldn't feel right to recruit a new full-time guy.

From what I understood it seems like he felt too much pressure in the band because he was unconfident as a drummer.. he felt he was not good enough. 

Edited by Kirito