Jump to content
Elagabalus

What do you guys think about this reddit post?

Recommended Posts

Just now, suji said:

Children. 👶

 

Yeah that's been going around lately.  ^^

Haha

going around lately? 

but more importantly was he serious about kisakis nudes..... For scientific purposes ofc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's really not that bad here. Compare this place to somewhere like netphoria where they tear Billy Corgan a new one every day...

 

There's a tendency to be jaded with the scene because it hasn't really progressed. Many newer bands are just trying to reclaim the glory of the past. But that's the point; it's a niche scene. Bands form and break up sometimes in just a matter of weeks. It's ridiculous, but that's just how it is.

 

I still see excitement for new releases all the time here. No clue what that person on reddit's on about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Elagabalus said:

Lol I want to find the hero who said "and how goes your search for kisakis nudes" 

hi

 

1 hour ago, Elagabalus said:

Haha

going around lately? 

but more importantly was he serious about kisakis nudes..... For scientific purposes ofc

iirc this person opened a thread on it or asked for them in a ki$aki-related thread

but it's been a while since this happened and I honestly don't even remember their username on here

so it's whatever. there's worse in the vkei/DEG fandom.

Edited by Seelentau

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every forum has dicks, you have to be deluded if you think there is a forum where everyone is all loving and peaceful. haha. But tbh from my experience here I don't feel this person at all, yeah there's the odd nob but generally it's good vibes and I enjoy chatting about all these awesome bands with everyone sooooo....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm we were talking about this just some days ago and now it gets brought up in a thread. Interesting. 

 

33 minutes ago, Desqui said:

Where are the nudes now?

Buried deep in the folds of the Internet. Don't worry about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't get that elitist feeling on here at all, not when I first joined, not when I was browsing this site just for news a few years back, and not now. The VK fandom in general has a steep learning curve but unless you're a very sidelines casual trying to make false/unresearched comments in here then no one's gonna call you out or anything.

 

And of course you will see people who dislike your favourite band, even legends like Malice Mizer and Dir en Grey have their detractors lmao. Being able to agree to disagree with people on subjective things such as music taste is an important life skill. With the rise of social media like Twitter that can create these echo chambers/circle jerks, a lot of sad, sad people go berserk at the sight of someone dissing their favourite band *cough Kpop Stans cough*. As long as you can defend your positive opinion about a band in a polite manner then almost all the members on here will hear you out or agree to disagree themselves, I can guarantee that. I do that in threads myself. Unless the Reddit OP (deleted user, that's a good sign) is talking about the joke posts or the forum jokers on here, in which case I can only say that OP is being disingenuous by pretending to his feewy-weewies hurt by that one user who called his Honmei "The Kenny G of Visual Kei" or whatever

 

There's people who've been on this site since TW. There's people who have been VK fans since I was learning long division in elementary on here. And guess what? They have been nothing but kind to me so far. I went on another music forum (for western music) and my intro thread was mostly people grilling me about their fav bands who I never heard of and people making fun of me. Go onto any intro thread here and you won't find that at all. I would know because I try my best to welcome new users there myself. This place is great, and I don't agree with anyone who says otherwise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything was already said about this. But what i want to add to the discussion are my subjective observations. I have the feel with social media hubs slowly replacing regular decentralized online communities, message boards and forums there is a change in the way fandoms communicate and behave. My feeling is that especially the younger generations don't "get" forum culture and therefore misunderstand what's being said here. 

 

You see it quite often that fans on social media are foaming from anger because "someone said something offensive about my fave on some forum", when the thing that was said was in jest and not serious. Internet humour in general has changed a lot. There are a lot of jokes, memes and phrases I wouldn't post on twitter, because I know for 100% that someone will take it out of context and send their brigade after me. 

 

Now VK fandom was always very emotionally driven… that's why i usually tended to avoid fandom spaces, because I did not care about seeing people shitting on each other for liking one band more than the other. There was so much drama, fake friendships and backstabbing in the community, it was tiresome. Many VK fans are certainly very opinionated about anything and things can rub them the wrong way easily. And there was always the issue that some people's opinion weighted more than others' and they thought they had exclusive rights to brag about others, but screamed bloody murder when others did the same.

 

My impression too is that the people who stuck around the longest became more "chill". Also reddit… is a pretty toxic and one-sided hell hole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like it here 

Its unsullied, its small which makes it much better.

Reddit is full of smartass's 

4chan is somewhere i belong its fun everyone's laid back making fun of everything

But it's hard to find a place like this 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ikna said:

Everything was already said about this. But what i want to add to the discussion are my subjective observations. I have the feel with social media hubs slowly replacing regular decentralized online communities, message boards and forums there is a change in the way fandoms communicate and behave. My feeling is that especially the younger generations don't "get" forum culture and therefore misunderstand what's being said here. 

 

You see it quite often that fans on social media are foaming from anger because "someone said something offensive about my fave on some forum", when the thing that was said was in jest and not serious. Internet humour in general has changed a lot. There are a lot of jokes, memes and phrases I wouldn't post on twitter, because I know for 100% that someone will take it out of context and send their brigade after me. 

 

Now VK fandom was always very emotionally driven… that's why i usually tended to avoid fandom spaces, because I did not care about seeing people shitting on each other for liking one band more than the other. There was so much drama, fake friendships and backstabbing in the community, it was tiresome. Many VK fans are certainly very opinionated about anything and things can rub them the wrong way easily. And there was always the issue that some people's opinion weighted more than others' and they thought they had exclusive rights to brag about others, but screamed bloody murder when others did the same.

 

My impression too is that the people who stuck around the longest became more "chill". Also reddit… is a pretty toxic and one-sided hell hole.

Couldn't agree more 

Atleast you know other forums that are being toxic are just doing it for the giggles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Way back in the day, I used to think this forum was full of a-holes and elitists too. Then I started posting and I quickly found out that wasn't true at all.

There's a lot of really cool folks here who just love Japanese music.

 

I think a lot of the people that gave this place its 'elitist' vibe might no longer be here anymore or moved on from J-rock, and the only ones left are the ones who are serious about this genre and know a lot about it. That, and new members like you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, zombieparadise said:

Way back in the day, I used to think this forum was full of a-holes and elitists too. Then I started posting and I quickly found out that wasn't true at all.

There's a lot of really cool folks here who just love Japanese music.

 

I think a lot of the people that gave this place its 'elitist' vibe might no longer be here anymore or moved on from J-rock, and the only ones left are the ones who are serious about this genre and know a lot about it. That, and new members like you.

Well in my case it would be that I would screw around alot just to experiment 

Then I thought I should practice talking about truth and how terrible I was with words without trying to manipulate others,it didint end well, nonetheless I stayed because you gotta cherish sites like this you never know when it's all gone and everything's another memory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Seelentau said:

hi

 

iirc this person opened a thread on it or asked for them in a ki$aki-related thread

but it's been a while since this happened and I honestly don't even remember their username on here

so it's whatever. there's worse in the vkei/DEG fandom.

Oh the legend himself jsyk I lol'd at this thread alot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ikna said:

Internet humour in general has changed a lot. There are a lot of jokes, memes and phrases I wouldn't post on twitter, because I know for 100% that someone will take it out of context and send their brigade after me.

Can't even emphasise how much I feel you on that. Is why I avoid most social media these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like a lot of stuff from late 2000s vkei to early 2010s in fact i think some of those years were the best years for vkei in my opinion. Still working on trying to rebuild the database of music for some of those years because there is a lottttt of those releases lost to time and a lot of limited live sold releases expecally during 2014-2017 >.>

 

I think its Just some crazy reddit poster lol

 

Idk who this person was/is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...