Kiryu999

キズ (Kizu) new one-man to decide whether or not they continue their activities

キズ (Kizu) will hold a one-man called 「 望」(which means "hope") on December 5 at SHIBUYA PLEASURE PLEASURE to decide if they can resume their activities or not due to the COVID-19 outbreak.

Translation of their message can be read here: https://crimsonlotus.eu/kizu-a-live-to-decide-on-their-future/

Ems7QRdVgAQBtjh?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Kiryu999

This feels they're just being dramatic and they just want get some attention and momentum going again since it's been a good minute since their last single. If I had to place money on it, I'm predicting they were never planning on breaking up and they're just gonna announce new music at this show.

Or maybe they just have specific ideas and principles, and if the external circumstances do not allow them to act out their ideas, then it is better to disband with dignity

1 hour ago, Seelentau said:

lul, the space in 「 望」to see whether it turns out to be 絶望 or 希望.

or 失望 if not enough people show up?!

21 minutes ago, diva-rin said:

Or maybe they just have specific ideas and principles, and if the external circumstances do not allow them to act out their ideas, then it is better to disband with dignity

Excuse me, but it just doesn't make even remotely sense. Everyone is on halt and this is just a temporary measure due to covid (which is, in fact going to be beaten within months), there literally is no reason to cry about it and threatening a disbandment other than milking the fans out of fear

Fuck them, I hope they fail to reach their goal and end up disbanding. I have zero respect and zero tolerance left for bands pulling the conditional disbandment card. 

57 minutes ago, Tokage said:

Fuck them, I hope they fail to reach their goal and end up disbanding. I have zero respect and zero tolerance left for bands pulling the conditional disbandment card. 

Hm have you read their statement ? Because it's not the typical "if this amount of people don't come to our live we will disband" thing. 

4 hours ago, Jigsaw9 said:

Ah yes, love a good "you better show up or we'll call it quits" scenario. Classic move. :'))))

Yep, but does this shit happen outside of the VK scene? Can't remember seeing anything like this outside of it, and it's absolutely pathetic. There's just no chance I'll ever support a band that acts like this with any of my money. Other people should refrain from doing it also.

Lol at people here thinking that Kizu is not able to fill a concert hall and has to pull some shit like this.

They are the only band in recent years that could became a big one comparable to Mejibray, The Black Swan, Girugamesh etc and  keep putting out quality material. 

Not a cool move, but not really a conditional disbandment either. 🤷‍♀️

This could backfire and leave a bad taste in people's mouth, tho.

Edited by ShTon

I live in Tokyo and literally every single band is struggling. Yet most other bands seem to try much harder than Kizu, using this time to record new singles, do online lives and "instore" events and continuing the smaller lives with the measurements. And that without complaining and blackmailing.

I'll be seeing DEZERT this month and they have very strict rules such as ID and address checking, no merch sales (only online) and a seat number on your ticket. This on top of the general temperature check, mask and social  distance rules that already apply everywhere.

All the smaller bands I follow seem to be pretty creative instead of giving up too.

After reading the message, this doesn't appear to be a threat of disband for a ransom of X amount of Yen, it looks more like them testing the waters under this COVID thing. Some people read this as self-aggrandizing but it looks more like telltale hairline fractures in the band's congruency to me.

I don't want to be that guy, but you really can't call this a conditional disband. They never actually threaten doing anything or having any specific goal, it's just "Let's see what happens if we get on stage again". I hope that what happens is Lime realizing that live streaming is the way to go though 🙄

This makes NO SENSE your part of a record label company who has enough money to fund this. Even worst case if you have to go budget just live stream it. Every other band im subscribed to on YT has lives videos put up a bunch. If your really short on funds do what some other bands did a host a  crowdfunding campaign. For example Mikansei ALICE raised during co-vid 3,456,149 Yen and have the same lifespan as kizu. I understand some bands are struggling they have a right to complain, nothing against them but this band is relatively popular at least i think they are. 

Edited by Axius

I must admit, re-reading the thing it doesn't sound too harrowing, but very poor choice of words / expressing himself. Like, he could have just said "hey guys, these times have been tough for all of us, and we know we didn't do much like other bands, but we do have this big gig coming up now so please come see us live there, we're counting on you"... instead of just going "what's the future of this band? well idk, but you better come and find out ;^)"

I guess I'm just too tired of all the cryptic bullshit after all these years, but vk's gonna vk.

Edited by Jigsaw9

The vagueness of the statement is what really exacerbated this whole thing. This sounds like they're deciding their live future, if it goes well they'll play at venues, if not they'll restrict it to online streaming, I can't guarantee that but I feel this is to drum up some more intrigue.

On 11/13/2020 at 9:01 PM, Kiryu999 said:

Hm have you read their statement ? Because it's not the typical "if this amount of people don't come to our live we will disband" thing. 

Nope because the translation link is already dead and I'm too lazy to figure out the Japanese right now.

I gotta be honest but this stinks so bad. Like how is covid holding them back? Sure they can't play shows but they could still be writing/releasing music..... This feels to me like an extreme marketing tactic like "we haven't played any shows for a while and need some dollar so we're going to make out like we're going to quit to get more people into this show and make loads of dollar". Seriously, Kizu in comparison to a lot of more modern V kei bands have been doing pretty damn well as far as I can tell (correct me if I'm wrong) so why would they feel endangered of needing to disband? Doesn't make any sense at all. But fuck it, most of my favourite V kei bands have already disbanded or gone on "indefinite" hiatus so wouldn't be surprised if these guys call it quits too. Maybe I curse bands somehow, sorry guys.

Translation link is dead, because there were misunderstandings. Here's explanation what's really going on.

Turns out Lime is just a drama queen and there's nothing to really worry about.

2 hours ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

Like how is covid holding them back? Sure they can't play shows but they could still be writing/releasing music..... 

That's actually the point. They CAN play live, but they're among the very few bands who decided not to play. Check the venues' schedules and you'll see lives planned almost every day. Been like that for some months already.  Most bands have actually been very active while their budget is probably smaller than Kizu's.

so this has basically boiled down to the band was just taking a break/vacation for the most part and now theyre scoping out the december show on whether or not they want to continue said break/vacation, how dare they! !  !

1 hour ago, johnesh said:

They might make some money if they actually recorded a f***ing album instead of a million singles

Thats not how it works