GuancheVK

Nocturnal Bloodlust - The Wasteland (new mini album)

They undoubtably dropped the last few visual details they had in their songs. And it's no surprise: they want to appeal to the western audiences. I was expecting so much more from Meku tbh, after being jailed in Kamijo's iron grasp for years...

Ps FACELESS weirdly sounds like Asking Alexandria's The Black, is it just me?

It sounds okay. I really don't hate a Nokubura release. They always have something on their releases that is solid. However, I am kinda of disappointed they haven't made a song in recent years thats on the same level as, say, Genesis or Sphere.

I am glad there are all new songs on this EP though! Their singles this year weren't like.. that good. Enjoyable but not that good.

The problem I had with the digital singles were that the lyrics sucked hard.  Would have liked them enough to actually listen to them if they weren't so frustrating to hear. Especially those choruses.

Either way,  I don't care for these kind of previews, so we'll see how they appeal as a whole.

I really enjoyed the samples, however i really have to get used to this "screaming kinda singing" style Hiro does now.

No matter in what bands i 've heard this style before i never really was a fan of it but even if i can't get used to it although it's Hiro at least there will be some more clean singing on the release.

On 12/7/2020 at 2:14 PM, Wakarimashita said:

Ps FACELESS weirdly sounds like Asking Alexandria's The Black, is it just me?

You're probably referring to the vocal melody in the chorus? Yeah, if I was a betting man, and considering their track record of taking stuff from Chelsea Grin, BMTH etc. I'd say the probably reworked it for this one. That'd be a huge improvement on their part since they weren't so subtle in the past, lol.

I took a gamble and preordered this with a load of stuff from CDJapan so am curious to see what it's all about when it arrives. Just miss the Cazqui days. But also, he hasn't really done anything great since leaving so...... haha.

If I wanted to listen to western metalcore I'd be listening to one of the n+1 western metalcore bands out there.

I can't with them anymore. Meku... Like WTF. Did GALEYD die for this?!

I am unable to can

Not going to lie. This is pretty mediocre. I know earlier in the thread I have enjoyed most of their releases except from their 2020 one-off singles and now this...  doesn't sound too promising for their mini. 

I think the opposite ... Forget about it once ... this band is no longer visual kei, it's an American-style metalcore band ... if you don't accept them, stop saying shit all the time ... don't listen to them and that's it. This is his present style and if you don't like him, don't listen to him. I personally have liked him because he loves his old music as well as his new music. I have realized that in this forum there is too much fanboy ... you have to open your mind

3 minutes ago, GuancheVK said:

if you don't accept them, stop saying shit all the time ... don't listen to them and that's it. This is his present style and if you don't like him, don't listen to him.

Same can be said for the DIMLIM haters. Just saying. 🤷‍♂️

13 minutes ago, Furik said:

Lo mismo puede decirse de los que odian a DIMLIM. Solo digo. 🤷‍♂️

Of course ... if you don't like its sound, don't listen to it and that's it ... but it's tiring to read fanboy reviews ... respect people who do like it

4 hours ago, GuancheVK said:

I think the opposite ... Forget about it once ... this band is no longer visual kei, it's an American-style metalcore band ... if you don't accept them, stop saying shit all the time ... don't listen to them and that's it. This is his present style and if you don't like him, don't listen to him. I personally have liked him because he loves his old music as well as his new music. I have realized that in this forum there is too much fanboy ... you have to open your mind

People are reacting to the newest single. New opinions. On a new song. I think you need to take a deep breath and realize that nothing said here is directed at you. I, for one, am not interested in the group anymore after listening to this single and given their current history, but nowhere in my comments did I say anything negative, hateful, or spiteful towards anyone else. It's great that you like this, but people are allowed to have differing opinions. Chill out.

1 hour ago, patientZERO said:

People are reacting to the newest single. New opinions. On a new song. I think you need to take a deep breath and realize that nothing said here is directed at you. I, for one, am not interested in the group anymore after listening to this single and given their current history, but nowhere in my comments did I say anything negative, hateful, or spiteful towards anyone else. It's great that you like this, but people are allowed to have differing opinions. Chill out.

don't worry ... I'm always relaxed. I don't mind whether you like it or not ... it's your opinion and it's respectable. What bothers me is the hatred many people have for certain groups such as nocturnal bloodlust. Since their two previous guitarists are no longer in the group, whether for reasons people like or not, they have already put a label of hatred on the group and whatever they do is pure shit. I will upload it when it arrives and whoever likes it will download it

This is very bland. I wouldn't have minded the old school metalcore shit if it werent for the lyrics. They really should try to get a native English speaker to write/proofread their lyrics cuz they are cringy and boring

Not saying it's anything fresh, but I reckon most of you need to brush up on what western metalcore was like 10 years ago :D not really referenced here, but also "djent" seems to be thrown around all the time with the things in question not being anything remotely close to it.

Considering the song, the teasers didn't really do anything for me (and the rest of the songs seemed more interesting, anyway), but in it's entirety, it's quite okay. The guitars and the overarching ambience in some parts were definitely the highlight.

19 hours ago, GuancheVK said:

Since their two previous guitarists are no longer in the group, whether for reasons people like or not, they have already put a label of hatred on the group and whatever they do is pure shit.

Which two previous guitarists are you referring to? I'm assuming Cazqui and the other dude who was in it at the same time and can't remember the name of right now? Not the guy who was on the last EP and immediately got yeeted for being a bad man? It can't really be denied that the Cazqui era was also their best, musically and successfully, probably because even though they were still heavy, Cazqui's writing style really gave them their own sound which is now lost and now they're just lumped in with "American Sounding Metalcore bands". Personally I don't HATE the band now, Unleash was alright and I have also ordered this one on a gamble, though wont get it until February as ordered it in a preorder with other stuff.... But they simply just aren't the same band they used to be and now do sound like a lot of other bands rather than having their own unique style of songs that people loved like Libra, Sphere, V.I.P, Calamity of Victims etc.... Compare and you can see obvious differences hence it sounds like two different bands basically, so if some people don't wanna ride with the new stuff then it's totally understandable. I will peronsally be waiting til I get the EP and listen to it in full before jumping to any conclusions, but if this doesn't hit the spot for me I'll probably be taking a back seat on these guys aswell.

I don't know how to feel, honestly.

Wasteland is just an S.E. > FACELESS I ended up like the most of the new songs. > PROPAGANDA is ok, would have expected something more out there with that title. > REM is all over the place > Left behind has some ok parts but overall is simply boring. > 'Feel myself alive' being a ballad, the vocals really are in the background...

I don't know what they plan to do with UNLEASH after that scandal, but the highs and lows of that release are much higher than the highs and lows of this release. More cohesive and enjoyable at least. Of course I really liked Satanic Corner and Thank You. [Even Macho of the World..] And I  guess... the most important is that the Engrish is way more tolerable on there, than here.

This release is getting a pass from me, though I do hope the next time they release something it'll be more memorable, and they realize their faults.

Or at least as everyone has said countless times, more Japanese or at least someone more proficient with English. 6/10 release. Average nothing special.