Sign in to follow this  
carddass

Gastunk's first new album in 30+ years + 1st livestream concert

DglZao5.png

Gastunk announced yesterday at the end of their very first online streaming concert 'Dead Fever' that they will be releasing a new album in 2021. This will be the first proper album since 1988's Mother. After disbanding in 1988 until their 2006 reunion concert gigs, they only performed twice, once in 1992 in memory of Ghoul's Masami and once in memory of X's hide in 1999. Since 2010 they have been regularly performing one off gigs and at events.

This exciting new announcement comes after a lineup change earlier this year with drummer Kei (who is the drummer of Tatsu's Deadrocks project) taking over for Pazz who left last year after being with Gastunk since 1987.

Gastunk's very first online streaming concert 'Dead Fever' will be available for purchased viewing until Wednesday September 30th.
https://fever.zaiko.io/_item/329597

Setlist:
1. Mokushiroku
2. Night Sight Light
3. The Eyes

4. Mr. Gazime
5. Fighting Mad

6. Deadman's Face

7. No More Trouble

8. Moon Child
9. Blue Peter
10. Red Indian's Rock
11. Geronimo
12. Dead Song
13. Devil
14. Sex
15. Warbird

Edited by carddass

Interesting! Keeping my fingers crossed that it will be somewhat good at least (always a bit risky when legends record new stuff after a long period of not releasing new material).

5 hours ago, Jigsaw9 said:

Interesting! Keeping my fingers crossed that it will be somewhat good at least (always a bit risky when legends record new stuff after a long period of not releasing new material).

I agree...it can be very hit or miss but Deadman's Face was surprisingly good for a comeback single. Even Baby's contribution which was heavily influenced by his reggae sound is pretty good to my ears.

However, it has been 10 years since that single came out and who knows what the band will come up with now and there could be a dropoff.. Since then, each member has released solo work which is largely different from the others, Baki went acoustic, Tatsu does his usual rock thing and Baby releases his dub reggae jams as Rasbabyhiro. Hopefully they can gel together again.

Edited by carddass

Yeah, that random single they dropped out of nowhere a decade ago was actually pretty solid, so I somewhat have faith in them being able to churn out some rockin' tunes (even if none of the members' solo or side-endeavours are my thing at all). Keeping fingers firmly crossed. :) 

Edited by Jigsaw9

10 hours ago, Jigsaw9 said:

Yeah, that random single they dropped out of nowhere a decade ago was actually pretty solid, so I somewhat have faith in them being able to churn out some rockin' tunes (even if none of the members' solo or side-endeavours are my thing at all). Keeping fingers firmly crossed. :) 

The challenge I see is Tatsu being able to filter out the not so good tracks he writes. Of his solo albums in the last 15 years, there are some good tracks here and there but then there's lots of tracks that are just him shredding for 5 minutes. I guess that comes with the territory of most of them being guitar instrumental albums.

Very exciting news. I don't think Tatsu is going to get carried away,lol... I mean as long as the shredding follows a melody like in the old days it should be fine. For example, like on (You Can't) Be Like Me.

Edited by Kiyoharu is God

Sign in to follow this