Sign in to follow this  
patientZERO

Ikebukuro RUIDO K3 and Shinjuku RUIDO K4 close, new livehouses open in their place

Ikebukuro RUIDO K3 announced on their OHP that they would be shutting down at the end of August due to the influence of COVID-19. Their twitter has been suspended, though in their announcement, they state "for more information after 09/01, reference https://twitter.com/revoice_music," which states "From September 5, 2020, live house "Ikebukuro Revoice" will open at the site of Ikebukuro RUIDO K3! 160 people.

It seems to me like this is a change in ownership and whether or not they will continue to cater to VK bands is to be seen, but DEVILOOF's Daiki seems be pretty disappointed in RUIDO's closing. He says that he's seeing a decline in the scene because bands are disbanding, but no new ones are forming (probably due to the pandemic) and is scared to think there will be fewer and fewer venues for bandmen to play.

EDIT

Looks like the same goes for Shinjuku RUIDO K4 ... They'll close at the end of September and a new venue named Shinjuku WALLY will open in its place in October.

Edited by patientZERO

4 hours ago, patientZERO said:

He says that he's seeing a decline in the scene because bands are disbanding, but no new ones are forming (probably due to the pandemic) and is scared to think there will be fewer and fewer venues for bandmen to play.

I wonder what do generic j-indie bands who can't even dream of getting at the same level as kiryu/sukiyakiwok/lynch sales-wise do in these times?..

can people who follow that scene comment?

9 hours ago, nekkichi said:

I wonder what do generic j-indie bands who can't even dream of getting at the same level as kiryu/sukiyakiwok/lynch sales-wise do in these times?..

can people who follow that scene comment?

Ikebukuro Cyber is their only choice and AREA is a staple of talented bands and shit bands can play so that shit bands can kill your eardrums before who you came to see is playing.  Or just find out when your band is playing and skip out on bands you don't wanna see, but there's always a risk to that cause some other band that you might like can be playing a secret live.

6 hours ago, JRD said:

kebukuro Cyber is their only choice and AREA is a staple of talented bands and shit bands can play so that shit bands can kill your eardrums before who you came to see is playing

thank you!

I was actually talking about non-visual j-indie, the blessed genre where shit bands don't exist by definition.... needing no reliance on the crossdress gimmick to sell the sound of their soul strings etc etc - they all sell shit compared to VK but I wonder how much impact covid had on something with close to zero commercial profit.

Sign in to follow this