AnchuAnchor

GOATBED

GOATBED

1_3ndebq8o3382ts9jgwg1o.jpg

GOATBED is the solo project of vocalist Shuji Ishii

GOATBED  is a Japanese electropop band. First known as goatbed, they begun releasing music in early 2003, after cali≠gari's activity suspension. The band went on a hiatus on May 2, 2008 and reunited 3 years later (2011), an event that resulted in major member changes. Before their first disbandment, the band's main focus was 80's new wave rock music. Their current style, however, leans towards techno and minimalism.

Current line-up:

• Shuji Ishii (石井秀仁) - Vocals, Guitar, Programming (2003.6 - present)

• Yuji Ishii (石井雄次) - Keyboards (2011 - present)

Edited by AnchuAnchor

Heck ye love me some goats 🐐

Unfortunately most people go "goatbed was better before dmmd" and/or "there are too many releases so I don't care" lol

The 7/24 yokohama date on the goatspace tour will be streamed soon, most likely on youtube. just one problem "there's like hearts & stars on the video for some reason. until I figure out how to correct that uhhhhh" 

So who knows when that'll happen.

Comments said they wanted to see it with the hearts & stars and shuuji was like "I'm totally ok w/ that but for people who don't know & try to watch, well they'd need a word of warning right. maybe I'll put that version on the fc lol"

Anyway goatbed's been feeding us with plenty of content during these corona times I love it🙏

@saiko when he does get the stream working I recommend it, they are fun to watch.

I personally would recommend synthespians or V/A or their compilation albums lessthan all in one & lessthan all in two, it has like 40 tracks of the certified bops rerecorded

Edited by anakuro

On 8/14/2020 at 1:00 PM, saiko said:

Never tried these guys. Which could be a good point to start?

I suggest ワーキングウォークマン.

On 8/14/2020 at 1:01 PM, anakuro said:

Unfortunately most people go "goatbed was better before dmmd" and/or "there are too many releases so I don't care" lol

This was me until earlier this year tbh. The "less than" releases won me over though, and coaxed me into giving the new stuff a second chance.

Haha well I'm glad I could facilitate in sparking interest in the goats w/ you @Plant

I need to give the lessthans a better listen tbh

I also dig colorlessbalance a lot. 

In the live version of GIOVE they use samples from COMPLEX's be my baby, it's good shit👌👌

Yes, it is largely thanks to you. And yes you should listen to them a lot.

Colorlessbalance was definitely better than I expected it to be. For some reason I listened to voicelessbalance first, so that made for kind of a strange experience.

On 8/15/2020 at 5:01 AM, anakuro said:

Unfortunately most people go "goatbed was better before dmmd"

But... yes?  ;___;

I was a hardcore bangya, like, since 2009, an love both goat sides, but they was soooooo gooood especially silhouette new romance collabs era... and that low quality liveshows... I miss it :c 

I would like to sell my soul if it guarantee that gtb will return to the old sound and lineup...

i was a hardcore bangya too back in the day :) just never got around to seeing goatbed until this year, somehow.

i like both pre- and post-dmmd goatbed, dont get me wrong

i just personally dont understand the stigma post-dmmd since there are a lot of great songs there 🤷‍♀️but to each their own, i suppose

On 8/16/2020 at 2:37 PM, anakuro said:

i like both pre- and post-dmmd goatbed, dont get me wrong

i just personally dont understand the stigma post-dmmd since there are a lot of great songs there 🤷‍♀️but to each their own, i suppose

I’d say that people tend to think of post-DMMd tracks as /just/ the byproduct of DMMd. Idk tho. Some hate em only because of DMMd, which I kind of get in a way. But hey, music is music. The (loud minority of) fans can’t really ruin that too, can they? 

Edited by AnchuAnchor

8 hours ago, anakuro said:

i just personally dont understand the stigma post-dmmd since there are a lot of great songs there 🤷‍♀️but to each their own, i suppose

I think it’s just because there was a shift in sound, which always causes a bit of division among fans. As much as I do like the post-dmmd stuff now, it’s definitely not the same, and their older works hold so much nostalgic value for me it’s hard not to remain partial.

But, anyway, imo the post-dmmd stuff should not be ignored; it just has a different vibe. Even those put off by it should be able to enjoy the less-than releases at least; those remixes are solid.

Yeah, I get that. it is a dramatic shift but I don't think an unexpected one (personally)

And agreed that I don't think it should be ignored there's a lot of really solid post-dmmd songs. 

Edited by anakuro

I feel weird posting 3 times in a row but I figured might as well drop this info since it is time sensitive:

https://goatbed.thebase.in/

• Almost all the streams from the past few months are up for sale only throughout September.
  • Weialala leia Wallala leialala DL version is up for 3 days starting yesterday @ 9pm, so I suppose you have about 2 days left. Idk. It's 2,000yen. 

If you are interested: buy now.

At the Weialala leia Wallala leialala lives a card with a QR code was on sale which provided access to DLs for the songs on the upcoming album, Weialala leia Wallala leialala, with one or two songs released per week. Actually, it also has at least one "DL exclusive" version that will be different from what will be on the CD.

Anyway, the Weialala leia Wallala leialala DL being sold on the online shop provides the link to the same URL that the QR code takes you too.

Shuuji only announced the Weialala leia Wallala leialala DL would be up for sale in the blog, which is FC only.
So, I dont think it's common knowledge, even though it's being sold on the public store (vs the FC store). 

His main reasoning was 1) many people couldnt go and thus also couldnt buy the cards and so this is to give those who did want to buy it a chance 2) it's boring to read the updates on his blog about the songs 

Honestly, I feel like Shuuji truly goes out of his way to provide content to fans as much as possible, especially during the COVID era.

The songs provided so far↓↓

unknown.png

And, as usual with Shuuji, they are lossless :) 

Actually, they're all WAV (.rf64), so you'll have to convert if you want to play it with a lot of media players lol.... sasuga....

I'm addicted to them lately. I love colourlessbalance. I tried buying the new album on their store but it seems they don't accept foreign credit cards. When buying from Base stores sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, annoying.

5 hours ago, shane said:

I'm addicted to them lately. I love colourlessbalance. I tried buying the new album on their store but it seems they don't accept foreign credit cards. When buying from Base stores sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, annoying.

I feel you, colourlessbalance is definitely one of my fav albums of theirs.

Ah I'm surprised it didn't work. That's a shame, especially since there will be some differences between the DL version and the store version, according to Shuuji's blogs. But at the very least when he does finish making it, it'll be a general release so it won't be so hard to get a hold of. 

It's got a kind of different vibe from what they've been doing lately, & I really dig it personally.

GOATBED's going to be releasing 2 albums at the same time for presale on 12/5 at the live house. 

So expect a nationwide release early 2021 for both of them

One is Weialala leia Wallala leialala, which I suppose is technically finished generally speaking since the tenth track was upped last week. 

Considering the newest song, from last week, is VoxDemo kind of worried about whether he'll be on time or not lmao...

I feel like Shuuji started off with a VERY CLEAR VISION of what he wanted weialala to be and then... ran out of time. The last three tracks are very ??? for where they fit in in the narrative tbh. Like not sure why there's an 11th shunkanteki polyphony being put on it, tbh. 

The other album is Music for Light Users, which seems like it will be the 2020 versions of songs and other rerecordings he's done in the past year or so, but rearranged/remixed etc. so that even if you have the old versions it'll be something new. 

Sure do hope he puts in the D.O.G.M.A (~ The Model medley) 2020 on it because it is very, very good

I'll be going to the live so I plan to grab them both kuusou2.png