ghostpepper

Any tips for ripping VK VHS?

Yo, 

Going to try and find the best place to rip my Due le Quartz collection live,pv,etc. 

Do any of you o.g. rippers have any tips on what to search/ask for tech-wise when choosing a place to make sure it is the best possible rip? 

Am gonna try to scan my complete collection of the fanclub booklets too and will share all fashowskies. 

Honestly? Properly digitising stuff, especially VHSes, due to their volatile nature (calling NTSC "never the same colour" is so, so true), is a huge pain without the proper stuff. Send it off to someone who has the equipment. I happen to know that Panda has proper equipment.

And if you choose to go somewhere local, choose your establishment wisely - anyone can use a VHS/DVD burner, but not everyone has a TBC, a proper high-quality capture card, a Windows XP PC to use it on, the expertise to not fook up the deinterlacing, etc.

1 hour ago, Laurence02 said:

Honestly? Properly digitising stuff, especially VHSes, due to their volatile nature (calling NTSC "never the same colour" is so, so true), is a huge pain without the proper stuff. Send it off to someone who has the equipment. I happen to know that Panda has proper equipment.

And if you choose to go somewhere local, choose your establishment wisely - anyone can use a VHS/DVD burner, but not everyone has a TBC, a proper high-quality capture card, a Windows XP PC to use it on, the expertise to not fook up the deinterlacing, etc.

Thank you for throwing out some of those technical terms! Again not going to do it myself, Ive worked with analog formats enough to know I def need to trust someone with experience. Any more technical terms that you awesome folks can tell me to ask if they can provide is a big help ❤️