Sign in to follow this  
SlaySlavery

What are some bands with huge fan base but after disbandment, the members go on to form underwhelming bands?

Not Visual Kei but FACT had quite a good following, once separated they formed two groups 'Shadows' and 'Joy Opposites'

Both had a bit of steam at the beginning but it quickly faded away and neither group sounded immensely different to FACT

I'd say DIV. They were great and so were ACME at the start but then they just kinda became... eh. As for The Guzmania... well, let's not go there.

9goats black out.

I wouldn't say the bands that the 2 active members went into are bad, but they're just not the same. I don't enjoy them nearly on the same level that I did with 9goats.

3 hours ago, evenor said:

I'm not sure if their fanbase was HUGE but I'd say Sugar.

I will not stand for this More/逆しまな歯車を仮面が嗤う slander 😤

KHRYST+ really didn't hold up as well as SCREW did. I know RAZOR is doing very well but they're pretty underwhelming to me after BORN, but they were fizzling out. Everything they released after THE STALIN -666- really didn't do it for me.

3 hours ago, evenor said:

I'm not sure if their fanbase was HUGE but I'd say Sugar.

I have to second this. I didn't listen to Sugar while they were still around and while I did enjoy Konig a lot, everything Loki did after that didn't grab my attention the same way.

53 minutes ago, uirosos said:

KHRYST+ really didn't hold up as well as SCREW did.

Also thought of this as well. Khryst+ was fine, but when compared to Screw, I think Khryst+ was definitely lacking something.

1 hour ago, monkeybanana4 said:

Also thought of this as well. Khryst+ was fine, but when compared to Screw, I think Khryst+ was definitely lacking something.

SCREW is pretty nostalgic for me, so that could be part of the reason why I find KHRYST+ a little lacklustre. I also think KHRYST+ isn't really anything new to the scene, they don't sound as unique to me as SCREW did. KHRYST+ only being active for a year though doesn't really help either, it's not enough time to get established in the scene and really find a unique sound.

Sign in to follow this