Total Saikou

Your blood type!

Your blood type!  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What's your blood type?

Made sure to search MH and I’m shocked that a VK forum hasn’t talked about one of Japan’s favourite personality codifiers: Blood Types. If you haven’t heard of blood type theory, you can quickly scan the Wiki or read an article but basically it’s the belief that one’s personality is partially influenced by the type of blood that runs in your veins. It’s like astrology in the sense that it’s a rough outline for what you’re like as a person (also it’s not scientifically proven).

I’m a B-type! B+ to be precise. I found out in my senior year biology class when we took samples of our blood to find out our blood-types in order to learn more about them. I was the only B in the whole room :o Everyone else was either O or A.

B-types are said to be creative, passionate, flexible and curious. Our downsides are that we’re said to be selfish, uncooperative and irresponsible. I think this sort of fits me? I can be quite passionate, expressive and strong-willed. I get called based all the time, hehe. Plus flexible, yes, I am definitely not the anal A-type at all. I’m so far from being a perfectionist, which is what A-types are mainly categorised as. The issue is that B-types are described as outgoing and I’m really shy around strangers and generally reserved with most people. Also, no one’s ever called me selfish or anything like that, my parents included (I’ve been criticised for other things). Especially irresponsible? People have looked up to me as a shining example of conscientiousness and studiousness… 

Anyway, there seems to be a decent amount of B-type guys in the VK scene, so if it means that I’ve got that same punky spirit in me then I’m happy to be a B-type! Some of my favourite B-type bandomen are Gokimi (Tokyo Heroes, Guru Guru Eigakan), Yoshiyuki Shimizu (Shinjuku Gewalt, Cosmo-Shiki), and Kenjirou Murai (Cali Gari).

Final tidbit: did you know that your race impacts what kind of blood type you’re likely to have? Where I originate from (Central Asia), B-type is the majority blood type. For white people, there are many O-types. In Japan, A-type is the most common.

What’s your blood type, MH peeps? If you know it, that is. You can also elaborate if you're + or -. Do you think it fits your personality? And which of your favourite bandomen do you have a blood type in common with?

Edited by Total Saikou

I’m a B+

B-type people are super rare in my region so fingers crossed that nobody will be needing blood transfusions anytime soon. 

The takeaway: Let’s all donate blood if/while we can ♥️

Edited by AnchuAnchor

8 minutes ago, AnchuAnchor said:

I’m a B+

B-type people are super rare in my region 

We really are similar, huh? Even down to having punky blood 😤

I'm O+, which I believe is the most common blood type worldwide. According to the wiki, this should be true of me:

Best traits: Confident, self-determined, ambitious, strong-willed, intuitive, agreeable, competitive and athletic.

Worst traits: Unpredictable, spiteful, self-centered, cold, aggressive, arrogant, envious and ruthless.

Not sure about athletic or envious lol. Tbh, after reading all the traits for each personality type, I think I kind of match all of them to some degree. I don't rly believe that your blood type determines your personality but I guess it's a bit of fun.

I don't talk about it because enough Japanese people do irl and Japan doesn't usually factor in positives or negatives so it's like... only 4 personality types in the world for them I guess lmao. It wouldn't be such a big deal if some older Japanese (bosses, etc) didn't buy into it 100% like some of the crazy astrology girls in the West. Either way I'm O though most Japanese people think I'm A because I'm thorough at my job. Little do they know I'm a lazy ass at heart lol

I recall having a short discussion about blood types with my Kanji teacher once when I was studying abroad and I wrote down notes on how she described each blood type.

A - intelligent

B - かわっている (weird, not right in the head)

AB - crazy, usually artists

O - open and outgoing

I know there's more to it but I thought these brief descriptions were interesting and funny. I'm B-type btw, not sure about + or - though, and I originate from Southeast Asia. I'm not sure how I feel about being called "かわっている" but I AM pretty awkward lol.

Edited by plastic_rainbow

40 minutes ago, plastic_rainbow said:

I recall having a short discussion about blood types with my Kanji teacher once when I was studying abroad and I wrote down notes on how she described each blood type.

A - intelligent

B - かわっている (weird, not right in the head)

AB - crazy, usually artists

O - open and outgoing

I know there's more to it but I thought these brief descriptions were interesting and funny. I'm B-type btw, not sure about + or - though, and I originate from Southeast Asia. I'm not sure how I feel about being called "かわっている" but I AM pretty awkward lol.

Some people describe me as weird but most people only see the shy side of me and think of me as a very average, reserved person. IDK, I always find that people who describe themselves as weird are some of the most absolute boring-ass normie mfers I've ever met ("OMG I ate this entire large pizza by myself, I'm like so weird!" Like no, eating food is not a personality trait. I dunno what to tell you but you're just fat, Becky) so I like to think of myself as a normal, not weird person lest I let someone down with my more demure traits.

Throughout my life I've experienced being the well-behaved model student everyone respects, the outcast who got bullied a lot, and a non-existent entity so I'm not really sure if I'm 100% "unusual" or not. I've been a good normie, I've been bad weirdo, and I've been nothing. Maybe that's the unusual aspect of it :indie_blink:

Edited by Total Saikou

I'm a B+ and, incidentally, a sagittarius, both of which serve to prove to me that all of this horoscope astrological blood type bullshit is, indeed, bullshit and doesn't happen in real life at all as I'm possibly the most boring person you'll ever meet (but it's good excuse to make you look INTERESTING when you're not)

This also serves to prove I would not only be hardly employable in my current reality, but also in 60s Japan

Edited by Chell