08. Dogura Magura

09. Carry on singing to the sky

3,080円

https://diskunion.net/metal/ct/detail/HMHR200615-200

New visual:

EairZYQVcAEpfkg?format=jpg&name=large1080x360PkU6Frrs_400x400.jpg

Edited by Xhide1

I wonder if they couldn't finish the album 😅 

considering there are few songs this time it might be the case...

Edited by Xhide1

Those guys are hard-working uh? Change of Generation wasn't that long ago and IIRC they actually released an acoustic album and some remake of their touhou stuff after that? I really liked the japanese-folky song with the japanese name, it is a very interesting change of pace from the rest of their stuff. They do the overly bombastic symphonic power metal thing very well, but it just becomes pretty stale after a while, so it's interesting to hear them mixing those sounds with a more modern metal sinfluence. Not sure about the previews since those are probably choruses (which are usually the more power metally parts of their songs) but I still hope they include some other influences in their music.

I won't lie but as much as Fuki is pretty much perfect vocally wise, once you heard one recent song by her, you've listened to them all. Haven't heard any recent vocal performance by her that truly stood out. Everything has the same big ass vibrato-laden notes in the same range and tbh her voice has been sounding a tad lower nowadays and her vibrato sometimes sounds a bit uncontrolled (as evidenced by the last track).  I don't blame her for getting older, and you need to acknowledge she still performs ato an absurdly high stake degree, but the impact of hearing her vocal performances nowadays is considerably lower compared to something like Light Bringer's Resistance from 2010, for instance.  I don't like the song much, but the track at 2:02 is interesting to hear from a vocal standpoint, her "j-poppy" voice is pretty cool for a change. Her low register and her operatic head voice could really be explored more IMO (oddly she used those voices much more during the pre-2010 Light Bringer albums when she still hadn't found her voice yet). Cool to hear Hirano's growls improving so much lately too.

7 minutes ago, kuyashii said:

Those guys are hard-working uh? Change of Generation wasn't that long ago and IIRC they actually released an acoustic album and some remake of their touhou stuff after that? I really liked the japanese-folky song with the japanese name, it is a very interesting change of pace from the rest of their stuff. They do the overly bombastic symphonic power metal thing very well, but it just becomes pretty stale after a while, so it's interesting to hear them mixing those sounds with a more modern metal sinfluence. Not sure about the previews since those are probably choruses (which are usually the more power metally parts of their songs) but I still hope they include some other influences in their music.

I won't lie but as much as Fuki is pretty much perfect vocally wise, once you heard one recent song by her, you've listened to them all. Haven't heard any recent vocal performance by her that truly stood out. Everything has the same big ass vibrato-laden notes in the same range and tbh her voice has been sounding a tad lower nowadays and her vibrato sometimes sounds a bit uncontrolled (as evidenced by the last track).  I don't blame her for getting older, and you need to acknowledge she still performs ato an absurdly high stake degree, but the impact of hearing her vocal performances nowadays is considerably lower compared to something like Light Bringer's Resistance from 2010, for instance.  I don't like the song much, but the track at 2:02 is interesting to hear from a vocal standpoint, her "j-poppy" voice is pretty cool for a change. Her low register and her operatic head voice could really be explored more IMO (oddly she used those voices much more during the pre-2010 Light Bringer albums when she still hadn't found her voice yet). Cool to hear Hirano's growls improving so much lately too.

I will have to agree with most of what you just said. At this point it's all about how long you can endure the same sound over and over again - vocalist included. So far so good to me...

While I feel like the comparision might not be 100% adequate, I feel like it's similar to what Kyo's vocals in DeG became recently: it was mindblowing to hear him doing 4 or 5 different vocal styles and spanning 2,5-3 octaves in every song he was singing at first, but not only it became stale to hear, his voice started declining to a point where he couldn't really do as well as he used to and as a result of both factors, every new song was becoming increasingly underwhelming to hear. The unfair part is that you can hardly say there was a decline in Fuki's voice to begin with (just likely her voice maturing like it happens with every human being), while Kyo is another story altogether.

BTW, I just noticed that the part that begins and finishes the teaser sound a lot like a part of "Art of Life" by X Japan. Not accusing it to be plagiarism, maybe it was a homage, I know that  Hirano is a big X fan and they have a song called "Jealousy" that is highly influenced by X in style and arrangement (as well as being a nod to X's "Silent Jealousy"

11 hours ago, kuyashii said:

BTW, I just noticed that the part that begins and finishes the teaser sound a lot like a part of "Art of Life" by X Japan. Not accusing it to be plagiarism, maybe it was a homage, I know that  Hirano is a big X fan and they have a song called "Jealousy" that is highly influenced by X in style and arrangement (as well as being a nod to X's "Silent Jealousy"

Probably it's a homage for Angra,  wich Shiren is a big fan too.

Their song Carry On uses the same part from Schubert's  symphony No. 8 (Unfinished)

I believe that's why the name of the album...

and Ankimo's song is called "Carry on singing to the sky" 😅

Edited by Xhide1

Yeah i think it's the same location from CADAVER's MV🤔

the moon effect is very cool

btw Fuki will release a new solo blu-ray:

Edited by Xhide1

Just finished my first time to listen through the whole album!
I must say, this album is really decent, and mixing up symphonic metal was so great!
And the first half tracks remind me some X-Japan vibes,
Anyway, I think I need to listen to it more to digest the whole album!

On 9/14/2020 at 11:21 AM, Yukami said:

I'm in love with this song. And I love the fact they did it for André Matos (ex-ANGRA, ex-Shaaman, Viper) who died last year.

Sign in to follow this