Sign in to follow this  
Jigsaw9

MAMIRETA to go on indefinite hiatus in September

MAMIRETA has announced that the band will go on indefinite hiatus after their 3-night live series「まみれたの顔も3度まで」(Mamireta no kao mo 3-do made) on 2020/09/01, 09/02, 09/03 at Ikebukuro BlackHole.

The members didn't give an exact reason for the break as far as I could see, but the guitarist mentioned it's because a multitude of factors and the drummer's comment seemed to be a bit more depressing than the others (mentioning he has been feeling more and more overwhelmed and burdened, and even thought about quitting drums for the first time in his life). The announcement as well as the members' comments can be found HERE.

Honestly, I haven't really been following these guys after 2018, they kinda became more and more mediocre for me... but the early stuff is still rad. I hope they can rest and then either come back stronger or just start new projects that will be worthwhile (cuz we all know "indefinite" hiatuses are kinda code for "disbandment").

Edited by Jigsaw9

That's fine, the past several releases were just bad. Refuel and come back revitalized or Batsu can just find a new band. My favorite 糞 band RIP 🙏

Edited by secret_no_03

7 minutes ago, sutululu said:

Going from 1 million yt views to 20k takes its toll

I was thinking about the same... Guess who will be the next newcomer to reach that numbers again...

I remember being really enthusiastic about them at that time, "Ojamashimasu" was a fresh breathe blowing all over the scene... Then they started to rely on formula after formula like everybody does nowadays, so I dropped my care of them. I wish them the best.

I'll miss them while they're gone. Despite mixed receptions here from others they were one of my favorite shit-kei bands to enjoy. I do hope if anything Batsu remains in the scene cause I love his voice.

MAMIRETA NEW SINGLE 死因:解散  ...

Sign in to follow this