sebbivism

DIR EN GREY new single 落ちた事のある空 release summer 2020

13 hours ago, Nowhere Girl said:

Someone needs to rip the audio from the Ochita Blu-ray. There's also the TWOM Blu-ray that has 10 songs from TIW era.

Yep, I already mentioned the World of Mercy videos. + When I saw them in London last they played the whole album and it sounds sooooo much better live so I'd be all over a live release of this album. But damn, am gutted that I'm going to be missing out on the physical version of Ochita.... Guess we're going to have to hunt down extremely over-priced second hand versions. Or just cross fingers and hope they basically release the same thing later down the rest of the line for the rest of us. Does seem like an odd move to only release a physical version for those who were going to attend a show, but hell, Japanese bands marketing themselves these days.... nothing surprises me too much. haha.

21 hours ago, EvilHippy said:

We still don't have Devote, Celebrate, Rubbish, Followers.

(And I'm biased about Devote My Life and Rubbish Heap)

Biased for or against? I personally like Devote My Life and Rubbish Heap a lot.

Celebrate Empty Howls can go die in a fire. That song sucks.

7 hours ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

Yep, I already mentioned the World of Mercy videos. + When I saw them in London last they played the whole album and it sounds sooooo much better live so I'd be all over a live release of this album. But damn, am gutted that I'm going to be missing out on the physical version of Ochita.... Guess we're going to have to hunt down extremely over-priced second hand versions. Or just cross fingers and hope they basically release the same thing later down the rest of the line for the rest of us. Does seem like an odd move to only release a physical version for those who were going to attend a show, but hell, Japanese bands marketing themselves these days.... nothing surprises me too much. haha.

Agree wholeheartedly about everything you say here.

I was also at that London show. That was the last gig I went to before all this madness hit. Good times.

2 hours ago, Nowhere Girl said:

Biased for or against? I personally like Devote My Life and Rubbish Heap a lot.

Celebrate Empty Howls can go die in a fire. That song sucks.

Biased toward those two.  When will I learn to proof-check my messages, especially since it's not my mother tongue, grrrr

Rubbish Heap is (unironically) my personal favourite from the album. That final part ("Kowarete yuku...") got stuck in my head since when teasers were revealed.

And yes, I agree on Celebrate Empty Howls. One of least favourite songs on the record (alongside with Zetsuentai).

4 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Celebrate Empty Howls would have had a little more impact if Doukoku to Sarinu didn’t already exist. 

How dare you put those songs in the same sentence. =P

Edit: Fuck, I just realised the live version of Followers on the Ochita single is the same performance from that London gig!

Edited by Nowhere Girl

Celebrate Empty Howls, and Devote my life were two of my lows from that NY show. I get that the goal was to play the whole album but I would’ve preferred another live staple like Grief or something to take those slots. 

As for the a live album...

They’ve played the entirety of TIW already and I’m sure they have recordings in the tuck. But at the same time, most of that album now has live performances on DVD now. They’re better off slapping those remaining  performances on another single DVD. 

The DSS BUDOKAN live suffered a lot because we were OVER exposed to almost 99 percent of that setlist with the preceding DVDs.  I can’t see a TIW live album being received well after so many of us JUST seen those songs live. And getting a lot of em on the past few DVDS.

7 hours ago, Ro plz said:

I can’t see a TIW live album being received well after so many of us JUST seen those songs live. And getting a lot of em on the past few DVDS.

Haha I don't seriously expect that to happen, I was basically just saying that I think the songs sound better live than the studio versions. As was previously mentioned basically all the songs are available live through other releases so would be possible to make your own live version of the album by ripping those. 😛

50 minutes ago, StriderSubzero said:

You guys are nuts. Celebrate Empty Howls is awesome. That middle interlude with the tight harmonies and the transition where it kicks into that huge riff is probably my favorite moment of the whole album. 

But the rest of the song is boring😕

Edited by EvilHippy

When did everyone start hating on this song? When the album came out everyone was (rightfully) dumping on Devote My Life. Did I miss a meeting or something? 

If I’m pointing the finger at any song on TiW then it’s probably going to be Zetsuentai for pulling the old “let’s do the fast and heavy thing one more time before we close out, boys”  yet again

8 minutes ago, nullmoon said:

When did everyone start hating on this song? When the album came out everyone was (rightfully) dumping on Devote My Life. Did I miss a meeting or something? 

Well, at least Celebrate Empty Howls is a complete song. Devote My Life takes one idea and just runs with it. Of all the songs on The Insulated World, that’s the one that needs to go. 

I mean the worst songs have got to be either Downfall or Keibetsu to hajimari. Downfall is pretty much a heavier R to the Core (which is probably the worst song on Vulgar IMO).

It's hard for me to dislike Devote My Life because of those smooth sliding bass grooves

Edited by StriderSubzero

2 hours ago, nullmoon said:

Never liked CEH from even the first listen. It's the only song I still can't get into. Maybe I'm being unfair. It's... okay. I just feel that it's another loud, bleak, boring song with not much really going for it, and it bogs down the already difficult first half of the album.

1 hour ago, StriderSubzero said:

I mean the worst songs have got to be either Downfall or Keibetsu to hajimari. Downfall is pretty much a heavier R to the Core (which is probably the worst song on Vulgar IMO).

No way! Downfall is great!

2 hours ago, StriderSubzero said:

You don't like fun? 😟
Dunno. For me, Keibetsu is like Rasetsukoku. Which is fun and catchy.

52 minutes ago, EvilHippy said:

For me, Keibetsu is like Rasetsukoku. Which is fun and catchy.

I was going to say the same! for the heavy oriented songs on the album is one of the best to me and such a fun way to start the album with high energy

(how did we get from talking about the single to trashing songs from TIW? haha)

I noticed some people said they missed the old intro riff for Clever Sleazoid, but it’s pretty much still there in the new version. 

I don’t understand that ending though. DEG seems to love the sudden choked off ending thing 

8 hours ago, Saishu said:

I noticed some people said they missed the old intro riff for Clever Sleazoid, but it’s pretty much still there in the new version. 

I don’t understand that ending though. DEG seems to love the sudden choked off ending thing 

2020s version intro lacks some high-note twang.  

And yes, that ending is strange. They did the same for Ash's remake, but it doesn't leave any impact.

Edited by EvilHippy

1 minute ago, Karma’s Hat said:

This one reminds me of the Ash remake in general, and I dislike both of them in equal measure. 

They have similarities, yes.
Dumbed down riffs, changed lyrics, kinda strange/lackluster ending...

12 minutes ago, EvilHippy said:

They have similarities, yes.
Dumbed down riffs, changed lyrics, kinda strange/lackluster ending...

Something in the drumming as well I reckon? I dare not inspect the matter more closely, lest I'd get turned off from this band for good. 

11 minutes ago, Karma’s Hat said:

This one reminds me of the Ash remake in general, and I dislike both of them in equal measure. 

Yes, the only good version is from「楓」~if trans…~. Definitely.

In all seriousness, Ash 2018 is cool. All versions of Ash are cool. I'm actually glad they re-recorded it, as it meant I was able to see it live in person.

Great song forever doomed to be a b-side.

2020 Clever is just hits different and we don't like it.

DEG attempt at remaking their own songs have always been hit or miss. And Clever is one of those misses for sure. Actually most of their remakes after they turned bit into Ooga Booga sounds are mostly misses for me. There are lots of beats but lack of harmony. Lucky they didn't ruin Fukai the last time. I actually like that one.