Nighttime Jae

Unproblematic bandomen

There's always a lot of talk of kusomen, bandomen doing questionable things behind the scenes and just being crap human beings in general. How about talking about bandomen that are actually decent, normal people that restore our faith in the scene?

I'll start (no surprise) with the CLACK inc.'s guys. Some of these guys have been around for about 10 years, and not a single bad rumor concerning them (trust me I dug deep into Tanuki and other than the the occasional baseless rumor, there really is nothing).

What are some others artists that you deem as quality human beings?

Klaha because he chose to mysteriously vanish at the right time

Also technically all VK musicians are problematic because by choosing to become a VK band they are essentially tacitly endorsing the vk scene's rotten business model ; )

Edited by Tokage

In all seriousness i kinda doubt a lot of those beep boop angura-adjacent weirdos would be up to anything shady (just by virtue of half of them seeming too awkward for it in the first place lol)

13 hours ago, Tokage said:

Also technically all VK musicians are problematic because by choosing to become a VK band they are essentially tacitly endorsing the vk scene's rotten business model ; )

You do have a point, but technically so are we then🤔

Edited by Nighttime Jae

Yah but Yoshiki caused lots of trouble in the past. 2 former ecstasy label staff once asked me at a bar how I got staff only old X t shirt and when I asked about working for Yoshiki both old guys had this response of remembering tons of stress haha. now he is chill(er) but in the old days? 😂 

Pretty much all musicians are assholes tbh. Just what degree of A-hole are you. 

Shinpei from SuG seems to be a really good guy too from when met him. 

Hibiki from SARRMATH, THE HIGH GRIP (ex-calmando qual)

There's really nothing bad about this dude at all....

Also all Calmando Qual members don't really have anything done really bad...

Kenka, is simply heavy beer drinker

Tak, never did hear any bad words about him 

Maya, a fan once said he didn't gave some fangifts to the other members (lol), (but surely fixed problem)

Can't say that I've ever heard any bad stuff.

I unfortunately have yet to meet a bandomen irl myself but I did talk to this one guy who met Shina at a Noi'X revival live and said he was a cool guy. He didn't even bump into Shina by accident or pay VIP, Shina left from backstage when the CD seller called him down because a big Noi'X fan was there. Shina was very thankful, shook this guy's hand, and said lots of nice sounding stuff in Japanese that went over the dude's head, generally acted very kind. When Shina was onstage, he knelt down to hold hands with members of the audience, including the dude. And after the live was over, Shina gave him the setlist as a keepsake. So yeah, Shina gets some cool points.

@Cantavanda told me that enjoyed his meeting with Kamijo, he was nice and enthusiastic to meet Canty and the other fans [IDK if you'd classify Kamjio as problematic because of his history of rampant cultural appropriation tho]. An old pal of mine met Mana-sama when modelling for him and said that he's actually a pretty down to earth guy who was very respectful and kind to the models. A lot of the fanaticism surrounding him is dumb but he apparently is a very respectable fellow worth at least a bit of appreciation.

Mana quietly shook my hand when he signed my copy of Merveilles and immediately re-deified himself in my mind so clearly he is untouched by sin as far as I'm concerned

but really, this topic as a whole is always funny to me because I always build up an image of musicians I'm a fan of in my mind and they almost never match or live up to that image. Then again, that's just idol worship as a whole, anyway. 

I always feel kind of endeared by indie VK acts and hope that they are all the lovely, wonderful, hard-working boys we'd love them to be, but as others have pointed out, the business model doesn't entirely lend to that...

Edited by nomemorial

Yah it is always a risk to meet musicians you like because it often can lead to big let downs : ( but on the other hand it is always great when people live up to your expectations. Sadly some people in vk who are artistically great but bad at normal life end up having to do weird things to have money and time to be active in the scene too, a case of "dont hate the player, hate the game." comes up often too so : (  like almost all job listings in tokyo that say "any hairstyle is ok." Is a lie and when a local goes to the interview theyll say "oh if you dont have black hair and look normal cant do this job" so it all just breeds and produces more of the bad than good. 

Shinpei is a adorable little puppy. I guess Yume from Codomo Dragon is saint- hes a widdle precious poot and I think the guys from Baby Kingdom are cool. Also, other than getting married to Americans and having babies, the guys from One Ok Rock seem to be good dudes.

Also, O-Jiro from Penicillin was one of the first vk guy to follow me on twitter.

5 hours ago, Total Saikou said:

I unfortunately have yet to meet a bandomen irl myself but I did talk to this one guy who met Shina at a Noi'X revival live and said he was a cool guy. He didn't even bump into Shina by accident or pay VIP, Shina left from backstage when the CD seller called him down because a big Noi'X fan was there. Shina was very thankful, shook this guy's hand, and said lots of nice sounding stuff in Japanese that went over the dude's head, generally acted very kind. When Shina was onstage, he knelt down to hold hands with members of the audience, including the dude. And after the live was over, Shina gave him the setlist as a keepsake. So yeah, Shina gets some cool points.

Shina deserves all the love in the world

I'm sorry.

21 hours ago, anadentone said:

Shinpei is a adorable little puppy. I guess Yume from Codomo Dragon is saint- hes a widdle precious poot

Um...sorry but could you elaborate on this...? Are we going based on a feeling/vibe you get from them or you just think they're cute? 

Just wondering because Shinpei gives me good human vibes, I met him once and he seems someone who genuinely loves  his work as a musician.

25 minutes ago, platy said:

Um...sorry but could you elaborate on this...? Are we going based on a feeling/vibe you get from them or you just think they're cute? 

Just wondering because Shinpei gives me good human vibes, I met him once and he seems someone who genuinely loves music and his work as a musician.

a bit of both. I mean I've nothing scandalous about Shinpei or Yume and they're both cuties.