Takadanobabaalien

gulu gulu gt. Kazari left the band + new mini-album, "ぐるぐる流出音源集" (Gulu gulu ryuushutsu ongen shuu)

I don't know how, whoever is the composer is very skilled, but both mini-albums sound different from one another in tone with only two separate songs on each. Who knew carnival-kei would be a thing in 2020.

2 minutes ago, secret_no_03 said:

I don't know how, whoever is the composer is very skilled, but both mini-albums sound different from one another in tone with only two separate songs on each. Who knew carnival-kei would be a thing in 2020.

Rito writes all the riffs while Ai comes up with the basic ideas and the lyrics. Lanju and Hotaru also have input, but it's mainly Ai and Rito from what I've been told

Also, if I'm correct, in "Yogoreta Buta", Ai says the lyrics "Otose Otose Otose", which is a nice throwback to Zakuro no Uta by Memento Mori

「 」 -まっしろ- is love. 😍
The album(s) are awesome! And I'm relieved that they didn't loose quality in their music since Kazari left. As Himeaimichu states he wasn't that involved in song wirting.

4 minutes ago, Demivee said:

「 」 -まっしろ- is love. 😍
The album(s) are awesome! And I'm relieved that they didn't loose quality in their music since Kazari left. As Himeaimichu states he wasn't that involved in song wirting.

When such a statement can be considered a blessing...

Is it just me who found this mini to be pretty mediocre. Their concept is nice, visuals amazin and Ai's singing is one of a kind, but the riff department is really lame. The nu metal riffs pale in comparison to KtK ( even if they were more than once lifted from other bands ) and they're just not as dark or weird as I wanted them to be. The last track is hands down the best one and still even that one has the same fucking dyny nyny public domain metalcore riff that everyone else has.

26 minutes ago, Disposable said:

Is it just me who found this mini to be pretty mediocre. Their concept is nice, visuals amazin and Ai's singing is one of a kind, but the riff department is really lame. The nu metal riffs pale in comparison to KtK ( even if they were more than once lifted from other bands ) and they're just not as dark or weird as I wanted them to be. The last track is hands down the best one and still even that one has the same fucking dyny nyny public domain metalcore riff that everyone else has.

That was my only complaint, the riffs could've been better. Ai's bands have never been the best in the riff department and to me, it's always the songs as a whole that shine, but yeah, you're right. The riffs aren't as good as they were in KtK

Alright I was of the same opinion, not that I don't love it, cause I guess cause I enjoy Ai's voice with nothing behind it even-
but I miss K's bass the most. Just a certain impact is missing, Disposable already said it best lol 'public domain' sounding. Given everything though I think it's definitely enjoyable and could've turned out waaay worse if it were a different band. 「」まっしろ to me just sounds like an orgy between 便所2 / 発狂のカルテ, their current circus kei flare and then with some MM sprinkles,  but not in a bad way.
I notice though in this album more so, and a bit in the previous releases, Ai is just tossing out the upswing moan/squeals in places where they don't really have as much impact as in KtK.
I do hope they get (more) dirty / weird again. That all said I fucking love 火炎瓶 definitely my favorite want more of that, it's different enough to feel new but keeping their sound, actually wish it was longer. おやすみ  real close second. Don't dislike anything. 

Spoiler

火炎瓶 8/10 (great opening track, horribly bad tempo-cut transition between intro and run-of-the-mill main riff, amazing range in vocal variaty)
汚れた豚 6/10 (heard this song already from 10 other bands, still not bad, probably amazing live)
「 」 -まっしろ- 5/10 (boring intro riffs, cool verse, annoying bridge, ai typical chorus) 
「悪人」 7/10 ("ok-ish" ballad, +2 for the solo into that little break before the last chorus)
おやすみ。 8/10 (great song, best of the mini)
リビングデッド・エンド 4/10 (recycled riffs, filler song)

For me, adding the bare numbers it would be a somewhat 6/10, however my feeling for the mini as a whole would be more towards a 7-8/10.

The two singles didn't do much for me, many songs sounded the same to me, riffs seemed interchangable, I felt Ai sang the same melody over and over again.. I feel this mini is a big step in the right direction. 火炎瓶 and おやすみ。 together with parts of 「悪人」 are great - the rest sounds mostly forgettable and recycled to me.

As a sidenote: I do not know if I always catched Ai on bad days, but those times I saw KtK live it always seemed that he is not capable of performing more than 20-30 minutes without his voice dissapearing/breaking... I wonder how it is now? I hope he worked on that, would be a shame otherwise I feel, he seemed like a cool guy.