suji

キズ (Kizu) new single, "地獄" (jigoku) release

I am pretty sure at this point this band's objective is like the "xxx subs without vids" youtube channels but like "selling out budokan without a full lenght"

By the name of the single I am hoping its a banger, even though I was confident in their ability to make ballads after masterpieces like "Yume" and "Jyuukyuu", Kuroi Ame wasn't that great, lets see where they go with this one!

10 minutes ago, ricchubunny said:

Like every topic I'm here to comment again:

LiME stated he will never release a full album.

lol but i remember him replying 'idk' to this in an insta post

40 minutes ago, sutululu said:

lol but i remember him replying 'idk' to this in an insta post

Well, he changes his mind a lot, but I've attended to their instore events/readed their interviews and he said a couple of times he doesnt want to produce a full album again on his life 🤔 who knows, but better to don't expect.

Edited by ricchubunny

Im honestly fine with the singles format with this band considering their singles usually contain 1 boring track which I can overlook for the most part.  If they had to pump out a full album at once I'd be worried more of the release would be dull.

3 hours ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

Hopefully this release will be a step back to when they were actually good, last single was gash. haha.

I feel like people exaggerate the last single being bad because kuroi ame was a ballad and black rain was a mistake. As far as typical good kizu tracks go 銃声 and 息のできる死骸 are right up there. 

1 hour ago, sleepy coffee said:

I feel like people exaggerate the last single being bad because kuroi ame was a ballad and black rain was a mistake. As far as typical good kizu tracks go 銃声 and 息のできる死骸 are right up there. 

Indeed.

息のできる死骸 is one of their best song ! and 銃声 is really good too.

On 2/17/2020 at 1:47 PM, sleepy coffee said:

kuroi ame also was not even a good ballad. I listen to anything music wise, so ballads/slow songs do not mean bad for me, but kuroi ame was a bit of a bore. + I don't know if I've been misunderstanding music for sometime, but isn't the single supposed to be the main song on a single release? Meaning if you put out a video etc and promote the hell out of that one song and it doesn't hold up, that people will not even be interested enough in the single release to buy it to even hear the b-sides. "息のできる死骸" was certainly a banger! I posted somewhere in another thread that this should have been the single, I really feel if it was, "kuroi ame" would just have been brushed off like, "the single track is wicked and that b-side ballad is meh" and the single overall wouldn't have got so much flack.

2 hours ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

kuroi ame also was not even a good ballad. I listen to anything music wise, so ballads/slow songs do not mean bad for me, but kuroi ame was a bit of a bore. + I don't know if I've been misunderstanding music for sometime, but isn't the single supposed to be the main song on a single release? Meaning if you put out a video etc and promote the hell out of that one song and it doesn't hold up, that people will not even be interested enough in the single release to buy it to even hear the b-sides. "息のできる死骸" was certainly a banger! I posted somewhere in another thread that this should have been the single, I really feel if it was, "kuroi ame" would just have been brushed off like, "the single track is wicked and that b-side ballad is meh" and the single overall wouldn't have got so much flack.

I agree people are gonna mostly rely on the main track when judging a work but I mean at the end of the day for me it's just a single track from an entire release. I do think in terms of ballads it is very average, the ballads on Steroid and Heisei were much better, but I still think the bsides on kuroi ame show the band still has talent and potential because for some reason people seem to have written them off in the past year and think they had some steep decline after 0.

21 hours ago, sleepy coffee said:

I agree people are gonna mostly rely on the main track when judging a work but I mean at the end of the day for me it's just a single track from an entire release. I do think in terms of ballads it is very average, the ballads on Steroid and Heisei were much better, but I still think the bsides on kuroi ame show the band still has talent and potential because for some reason people seem to have written them off in the past year and think they had some steep decline after 0.

Totally agree, for me it was more, not written them off or think they've become less talented or whatever but it was just very generic compared to what is usually expected from them so me and guess a lot of other people just felt really underwhelmed by it. I did skip that release but doesn't mean I'm turning my back on them and never supporting them ever again, just hoping for them to deliver more fuel to keep that fire burning.

On 2/11/2020 at 1:46 PM, suji said:

キズ (Kizu) new single, "地獄" (jigoku) will be released on 4/28

They will also hold their oneman live, "糸" on 4/18 at 下北沢GARDEN, and will also hold a separate oneman tour "地獄巡り", beginning in May!

EQfT7EAUUAAFzUX?format=jpg&name=medium

2020.4.28 RELEASE 9th SINGLE「地獄」
【TYPE A】 CD+DVD
¥3,200+税
[CD]

1 地獄

2 弱者の行進

3 15.2

[DVD] キズ ONEMAN TOUR「消滅」FINAL 2020.2.11 EX THEATER ROPPONGI

1 十五

2 銃声

3 黒い雨

DMGD-14A.jpg?v=1

【TYPE B】 CD only
¥1,500+税
[CD]
1 地獄

2 Mr. BiG MONSTER

3 15.2

DMGD-14B.jpg?v=1

Edited by Bunny

3200 yen for 3 songs and 3 live songs lmao literally the last release it was like 5 or 6 live songs. Either way I'm probably copping both types since this is one of the few newish bands that still feel like theyre going strong