2017 DIMLIM  6 votes

2017 Virge (ヴァージュ) 6 votes

2018 verxina 6 votes

2012 La'veil MizeriA xxxxxxxx

2014  XAA XAA (ザアザア) 8 votes

2017 KIZU (キズ) 12 votes

2019 gulu gulu 12 votes

But would these bands really stand out?

I also guess that "La'veil MizeriA" is more popular overseas?

KEEL,  gibkiy gibkiy gibkiy, sukekiyo, Roman Kyuko,  gulu gulu, Matsutake Works, Kalavinka, La'veil Mizeria, nurié and Xaa-Xaa are the only post-2010 projects that spring to mind immediately. I guess you could add DIMLIM to the list for me too but at this point I'm following them more for the ''I came here to laugh at you''-factor than anything. I'm still halfway aboard the Kizu train as well. Aside from these I pretty much only pay attention to oyaji bands that have been on the scene for over a decade already. 

SHiSHi are the only new-ish band that really stand out to me tbh. I like some songs from a handful of other bands that have come along these past couple years but they don't tend to hold my attention for that long.

#SpreadTheSHiSHiLove

7 minutes ago, Tokage said:

KEEL,  gibkiy gibkiy gibkiy, sukekiyo, Roman Kyuko,  gulu gulu, Matsutake Works, Kalavinka, La'veil Mizeria, nurié and Xaa-Xaa are the only post-2010 projects that spring to mind immediately. I guess you could add DIMLIM to the list for me too but at this point I'm following them more for the ''I came here to laugh at you''-factor than anything. I'm still halfway aboard the Kizu train as well. Aside from these I pretty much only pay attention to oyaji bands that have been on the scene for over a decade already. 

When was gibkiy gibkiy gibkiy actually formed? 2015? 2016?

Kalavinka is formed in 2007 😛 

But kinda everybody here says KIZU and  gulu gulu
But actually I don't even wish to call them "popular"  because it are bands with "good known bandman".

But even XAA XAA (ザアザア) member were kinda known.... 

So I guess...

It pretty much helps if a bandman will be in various bands before his 30ties, then around his 30ties high might could start up a band who get's popular in no time.

30 minutes ago, BrenGun said:

When was gibkiy gibkiy gibkiy actually formed? 2015? 2016?

Kalavinka is formed in 2007 😛 

Wait,  they've already been around that long?  Shit, didn't know that lol

As for gibkiy, I guess it depends on your perspective. The project technically started off w/ just Kazuma and aie under the moniker 'highfashionparalyze' somewhere around 2008 - 2010 or so,  i don't remember when exactly. A couple years later they gained an official bassist and drummer and changed their band name to HIGH FASHION PARALYZE. To my knowledge they released at least 1 single under that moniker before rebranding themselves again,  this time as gibkiy gibkiy gibkiy. That was somewhere in 2016. As far as I'm concerned the latter two are pretty much the same band. To my knowledge the lineup remained the same, and some of the songs they did while they were still called HIGH FASHION PARALYZE appeared on the first official album they released as gibkiy, so make of it what you will. 

Edited by Tokage

gibkiy, well since they are ojisans I won't add them to the list.

Also they are not that popular around Japan, they have fans, but gulu gulu and kizu are way more popular than gibkiy are.
beside that I doubt that gibkiy want to be that popular anyway. They could have been, because everybody has a great band past. 

A wait, I brabbeling nonsens. Just did check their twitter after like 2 years? Seems gibkiy is very active, playing with some bigger bands....

Pretty much promotion is going on...

But I've never noticed anything  🤣 thought they were still kinda a "ikebukuro chop" band. but seems they play more japan tours now and bigger halls. just never did notice it...

And people here also don't really talk about them. 

Edited by BrenGun

I think these would have to be the currently active formed-after-2012 bands I really really like:

La'veil MizeriA, RAKU×GAKI, Verxina, Rands (also adding sukekiyo and Hector, tho not sure if they fit here because they have kinda oyaji members lol)

@BrenGun I guess not many ppl talk about gibkiy because their music is SUPER weird/abrasive/unconventional. But cool to hear they're playing at nicer venues (honestly, I don't follow their schedules rly, just sometimes listen to their stuff).

@Jigsaw9 I really thought they were still a small band and kinda wanted to be "smaller"  but seems they are gotten pretty big now. They even hit the BARK'S website. 

Still not 3000 followers on twitter. (official account) but their youtube videos also have like 30-70k views. so you can't call them small anymore.

People also don't really talk about HECTOR (ヘクトウ).... seems to be also pretty big... just not overseas. 

Also just as a side note, they don't have an official website?! o.o 

I've just re-checked Kizu.

How can they be that popular? They are like "big" from the start. 

Is it because of vocalist Lime (来夢), because he was popular in LEZARD?  Was LEZARD really that popular?

Or was it mainly because of their BIG crazy announcement, which really caught the attention of many visual kei fans?  because everybody thought it would be "AvelCain member new band"

The band makes good music, but still it's "O.O" to be that BIG from the very start.  So was it just luck? 

XAA and DEZERT took a bit longer to be that BIG. KIZU was like BIG from the start. and the only active member of that band was Lime, all other members didn't play in a band for a while. 

Here also on MH, kizu was THE band since their start. 

VOCALS Lime (来夢)   ->   Kro:nos as TA+98 → Solo → LEZARD → KIZU (キズ)

GUITAR reiki   -> Ryticia → LOUD GRAPE → KIZU (キズ)

BASS YUE (ユエ) -> DecoLa Hopping → KIZU (キズ)

DRUMS Kyounosuke (きょうのすけ)  -> KIZU (キズ)

1 hour ago, BrenGun said:

People also don't really talk about HECTOR (ヘクトウ).... seems to be also pretty big... just not overseas. 

Also just as a side note, they don't have an official website?! o.o 

Yeah, they only have an official Twitter... :D (I don't think they're that big tho, but hoping they will be one day. Anyway, they're just a side project so I don't expect them to last long, but the more time they're active the better. :))

About Kizu, I think others (i.e. Kizu fans) might be able to say with more certainty, but I think they might have some "insider/industry connections", hence the good production on their videos and the constant buzz... not sure.

Edited by Jigsaw9

3 hours ago, BrenGun said:

ve just re-checked Kizu.

How can they be that popular? They are like "big" from the start. 

Is it because of vocalist Lime (来夢), because he was popular in LEZARD?  Was LEZARD really that popular?

theres an explanation on the kizu thread. lezard is apart of whatever free will/FWD is and was, so when lime left the band and started up a kizu they automatically became apart of fwd (specifically damage is the name of their label but the affiliations are obvious). if you look at any unofficial upload of kizu on youtube, in the tags it all says, licensed to youtube by direngreyweb