BrenGun

Popularity of 2012~current visual kei bands

Hello folks,

This time I am not interested in your "disbanded"  favorites. 
However I am interested in your "active" favorites.
Only from "recent bands"  Bands born between 2012 and 2020. 

Also please only mention bands you REALLY follow.
Not just one you like,
Mention those only who you really "care, care"  about.

So, THE GAZETTE and DIR EN GREY  and some other ojisan bands are out of this questionnaire. Please do not mention them. 

If you don't know when your favorite band started you can check it on vk.gy 

If you don't feel to answer it on this forum you can use this form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/15CAZOQz0Qww6AqJCuxvuyLNZ4q0kK8GtmdUd9InWb5U/edit

Also those bands aren't included 😛 

SCAPEGOAT 2009

CODOMO DRAGON (コドモドラゴン) 2010

Missa (魅裟)2003

Scarlet Valse 2011

Kamijo 2003

Kiryu 2007

lynch. 2004

Edited by BrenGun

La’veil MizeriA, Marvelous Cruelty, xaa-xaa, RAZOR, rands, Scarlet Valse, Cula, verxina, virge, roze, More, kebyo, JILUKA

Edited by Paraph

Bands that I actively follow / would purchase releases from formed after 2012:

Rakugaki, ChainxMail, Mathilda, Gulu Gulu, Jirudore, Rands, La'veil MizeriA, Crucifixion, Kamijo, David, Roman Kyuuko, Yamitera, Hueye, IIIRD, Virge, Nicolas, The Muzzle, Kiryu, Scarlet Valse, lynch. , Marco, Zombie, Verxina

I have a bunch that I also like, but for the purposes of this exercise I'm not including them in this list because I wouldn't go out of my way to get their new releases.

Edited by Peace Heavy mk II

零[Hz],MAMIRETA and ZOMBIE that all for me😔.

Edited by Miku70

5 minutes ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

Bands that I actively follow / would purchase releases from formed after 2012:

Rakugaki, ChainxMail, Mathilda, Gulu Gulu, Jirudore, Rands, La'veil MizeriA, Crucifixion, Kamijo, David, Roman Kyuuko, Yamitera, Hueye, IIIRD, Virge, Nicolas, The Muzzle, Kiryu, Scarlet Valse, lynch. , Marco, Zombie, Verxina

I have a bunch that I also like, but for the purposes of this exercise I'm not including them in this list because I wouldn't go out of my way to get their new releases.

bailed out 😛 
kamijo 2003
Kiryu 2007

Scarlet Valse 2011 (june)
lynch 2004
Marco 2011 (end of)

@Takadanobabaalien can you give more information for https://vk.gy/artists/matsutake-works/ ? 

Thanks so far already everyone! ^^

16 minutes ago, BrenGun said:

bailed out 😛 
kamijo 2003
Kiryu 2007

Scarlet Valse 2011 (june)
lynch 2004
Marco 2011 (end of)

@Takadanobabaalien can you give more information for https://vk.gy/artists/matsutake-works/ ? 

Thanks so far already everyone! ^^

Legitimately forgot that Lynch are oyaji, but I am not ready to come to terms with Kiryu almost being 13 years old.

David, Marco, and Cula are honestly the only bands out of that period I actually care about 🙏 kills me that I can't get most of Marco's shit these days. The Ghost Inside of Me is alright, I own a few of their cds and I'm hyped they opened a webshop!

Also Labaiser too if their production wasn't shit.

Xaa Xaa, Dadaroma, Dimllim, Rakugaki, Monstllow, Kizu, Jiluka, Gulu Gulu, Dexcore - those are my favorites

I check out releases from Arlequin and Razor every time they release anything but i only end up listening to few selected songs.

Other japanese artists i follow are Band-Maid, Bridear, Eir Aoi and Babymetal. (babymetal was formed before 2012 but their first release is 2014 so i guess that counts)

Right now, mainly just Jack Caper, More and Asty. I like Kizu, MIMIZUQ and HOLLOWGRAM as well, but I haven't been watching them as closely.

I'd have said LEZARD before, but they're disbanding soon and I've still never actually listened to a full album of theirs all the way through, so...

Edited by violetchain

I tend to pick & choose from a band's discog when it comes to what I want musically, and since I genre hop constantly, I don't really find myself as someone who deeply "cares"  about most bands (in the holistic sense.) I find that especially so with visual kei and the frequency of disbandments.

Now h- ... yooo- at least give me 2011 so I can include ユナイト, lmao.

I guess it's just Neverland then. I listen to every other vk band piecemeal  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. 

Dimlim, Dadaroma, Xaa-xaa, Kizu, Razor, Develop One's Faculties ,The Thirteen, gulu gulu, Jigsaw, Archemi, 零[Hz], MEME, nurie, $_Casper (I used to not follow them. This might change) 0.1gの誤算, Ari, Reign, Zon, L-THE WORLD, Gengah, G.L.A.M.S, for severe addicts only, Choke

This really made me realize how many good bands were born and died between these eras. 😥

Thank you for this topic because I'm always out of the loop lol literally too many songs on replay to listen to new stuff.

I've been only really following Gravity and Amai Bouryoku but I ocasionally try to catch up on releases of Acme, La’veil MizeriA, Leetspeak Monsters, Neverland, Vivarush, 0.1g no gosan etc

On 2/4/2020 at 2:48 PM, BrenGun said:

CODOMO DRAGON (コドモドラゴン) 2010 (disbands soon)

Wait after their PEST single ? Because I never read they disband or I am missing something ? 😓

1 hour ago, Miku70 said:

Wait after their PEST single ? Because I never read they disband or I am missing something ? 😓

Eh.. as far I know they don't disband...

However

コントラリエ(Contrarie) will disband

so.. I kinda mixed up their names I guess XD

Edited by BrenGun