Sign in to follow this  
avaritonista

[REQ] Ayabie drama

[[ Mod: I don't know exacly where to put this topic, because it's a request for drama lol ]]

Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well.

In this occasion I'd like to gather all about this band's awful story. Let's make a collection of this so dramatic drama.

I still can't believe one of my first favorite bands underwent at least an absolutely disturbing change of members and styles (etc) from the leaving of Ryohei in 2006, which, to me, was a real shame and kept me out of the loop.

That's one of the reasons I crave this drama so much now and want to learn your knowing of it, considering there are some sources, rumors and many reading material on internet as always.

So what you know about it?

-

Just to begin ::

Aoi in his blog in 2010:

"Dear all,

Firstly, I'm sorry that this message comes late.
I had a vague understanding of them, but I couldn't coherently grasp my feelings at reading the others' announcements,
so I couldn't put them into words. I just cried and cried. [...]"

Edited by avaritonista

I wrote a brief summary (below) in another thread. It doesn't have specific quotes etc but I've lived through this tragedy if that helps? XD 

---

-Everyone ditched Aoi (because the music was getting lame) and made a new band, creatively named AYABIE. Aoi stayed on the record label out of a sense of duty?

-Aoi did a poppy solo album and some boring side projects. 

-AYABIE released some pretty good shiz. People hate on Yumehito's singing but he's a'ight. 

-Everyone left AYABIE except Takehito for various reasons. Maybe it was because of that keyboardist they took on? I think Intetsu quit music altogether? 

-I assume Takehito called it a day too. 

-They all came back together (including Aoi) to do some one off gig I think? Sans keyboardist I assume. They later announced they were coming back and recently brought out an incredibly forgettable album. 

5 hours ago, avaritonista said:

what do you mean with that?

Everyone left the band except him so I assume he decided to do the same rather than carry on alone :)

20 hours ago, avaritonista said:

Firstly, I'm sorry that this message comes late.
I had a vague understanding of them, but I couldn't coherently grasp my feelings at reading the others' announcements,
so I couldn't put them into words. I just cried and cried. [...]"

there wasn't any major ayabwie drama online around 2010 when goss used to circulate out there so I think it's just a case of Aoi missing his zoloft refill

As far as I can remember, most of this drama was due to Yumehito getting married, engaged, or whatevs. Looks like his wife (who's an idol) gave him  delusions of grandeur or some shit. He then formed Belle, which's dope IMO, but never attempted to sing again. I heard fans used to bully him for his singing.

Intetsu said he'd retire by then but acted as a support member and composed for WING WORKS and Piko as well as composing some stuff for Sanrio and some game OSTs. 

Just like Aoi, KENZO also tried a solo carreer and some other projects but they all flopped.

Takehito is the only one that never tried anything not related to Ayabie and their current revival is his idea, so there's that.

On 2/3/2020 at 1:18 AM, jon_jonz said:

As far as I can remember, most of this drama was due to Yumehito getting married, engaged, or whatevs. 

How on earth did I miss that? I was so much into them years ago, and then kinda lost interest

Sign in to follow this