Shaolan974

MUCC new album, "惡" (aku) release

The title of the new album is 『惡』(Evil) and will be released on May 20.

It will be sold in 3 types and the tracklist contains 16 tracks.

Seems like the live distributed singles will be part of it as well as the (rerecorded) demos.

a6c28a4bf15e6a89f17a680eb47f5ae31.jpg
3706df194599346a6afe799c226c42231.jpg
5b54294d82ed45eb6d1a2cefc33433f5.jpg
04bb514e3489c1a818c8a8bb7106bf81.jpg
0f6686da4bdfc01f868df8e51a013120.jpg

Edited by Demivee

1 hour ago, mopkins said:

I hope this album doesn’t lean too heavily on previously released stuff

I need new songs mannnnnnn

生と死と君, アメリア, My WORLD, 自己嫌惡 and COBALT are included, so we're getting 11 new songs! (Plus they will be the final versions, not the demos!)

14 hours ago, Mr.0 said:

生と死と君, アメリア, My WORLD, 自己嫌惡 and COBALT are included, so we're getting 11 new songs! (Plus they will be the final versions, not the demos!)

sounds good to me!!

Aku/Waru, same general principle I think. Either way, I think the title is lit, the look is great, but these single demos don't totally fit with this theme of Evil, in my view anyway. Also, Taboo and My World were my fave releases prior to this. Taboo more than My World, but I'm glad one of them made it. 

On 3/9/2020 at 10:13 AM, Demivee said:

3706df194599346a6afe799c226c42231.jpg

Loving the grandma look!! It's like Horizont's Tatsurou got many years older... the glasses have also changed! :0

Jokes aside, I have no idea what to expect from this album. I haven't been following them for some time now, though "Kowareta Piano to Living Dead" had me pleasantly surprised. MUCC is that band who would let me down a few times but I'll always keep one eye on them, I guess.

Also, the release date is just a few days before my birthday! Hoping this can be a birthday present...

On 3/9/2020 at 1:01 PM, saishuu said:

lord, this is their 15th album?!

I'm trying to understand when exactly this happened but cannot compute

Limited edition (3850yen) will include CD (16 songs) and DVD including 「惡」(Aku) recording documentary +member interview

Regular edition (3300yen) will include CD (16 songs) only

[CD tracklist]

01. 惡 -JUSTICE- (Aku -JUSTICE-)

02. CRACK

03. アメリア (惡 MIX) (Armeria (Aku MIX))

04. 神風 Over Drive (Kamikaze Over Drive)

05. 海月 (Kurage)

06. Friday the 13th

07. COBALT

08. SANDMAN

09. 目眩 feat.葉月(lynch.) (Memai feat. Hazuki (lynch.))

10. スーパーヒーロー (Superhero)

11. DEAD or ALIVE

12. 自己嫌惡 (Jiko Kirawanai)

13. アルファ (Alpha)

14. My WORLD (惡 MIX) (My WORLD (Aku MIX))

15. 生と死と君 (惡 MIX) (Sei to Shi to Kimi (Aku MIX))

16. スピカ (Spica)

mshn-077_1_.jpg mshn-079_1_.jpg

So when we ignore the already released tracks we get 10 new songs (if JUSTICE is a SE 9).

I'm really looking forward to this album!

Edited by Demivee

Here's larger covers from their OHP

VIP Edition

Spoiler

167126-mshn-076.jpg

Limited edition

Spoiler

167127-mshn-077_8.jpg

Standard edition

Spoiler

167128-mshn-079.jpg

I have mixed feelings about this album, but I'm leaning more towards optimism. On one hand, they released a really good album last year, one that was a major step-up from 脈拍, but on the other hand, Amelia and COBALT are the only singles that I liked at all; I didn't care for the rest. I am glad that the worst of the worst (e.g 例えば僕が居なかったら, HOTEL LEMMON TREE) won't be appearing. I did see potential in room, but Tatsurou just sounded awful. His voice in general hasn't been sounding great these days.

I'm expecting a decent album, hoping for something great, but also prepared for something far below average.

4 hours ago, Demivee said:

So when we ignore the already released tracks we get 10 new songs (if JUSTICE is a SE 9).

the natalie.mu news piece about the album lists the composers for the songs and all of them have lyrics, so unless some interlude has some minor singing, i'd assume there are no SE or mid-album filler instrumental tracks. https://natalie.mu/music/news/372545

On 3/10/2020 at 4:05 PM, mopkins said:

sounds good to me!!

14 hours ago, Demivee said:

Excuseme, can you tell me which other songs from the Album they put out? (I only got "Ameria, Cobalt, Sei to Shi To Kimi and My World" so which other is "old" ???

1 hour ago, ZudokatoKuroO said:

Excuse me, can you tell me which other songs from the Album they put out? (I only got "Ameria, Cobalt, Sei to Shi To Kimi and My World" so which other is "old" ???

I guess 自己嫌惡 = 自己嫌悪

アメリア has that 2003 exhumation energy they've been trying to channel since 2009 once in a while & I don't hate it, otherwise that preview is a waste of 10 minutes

tatsurou sounds like shit