Peace Heavy mk II

New Band Doukete Karasu (道化て鴉) has formed

道化て鴉 appears to have formed in August of 2019, and are from the Kyuushuu area of Japan. They just released their first music video "怖い譚" (Kowai Hanashi) a couple of days ago:

Twitter

Vocals: Takuya (twitter)

Guitar: Rito (twitter)

Bass: Raike (twitter)

Support drums: Daru

They will be playing at the Kyushu event "S.T.G PRESENTS 神世界創造 -白昼夢-"  on October 15th, at Fukuoka INSA, along side Kizu, Lucifer, and Chicktak

(The MV kind of sounds like 9goats, no?)

Edited by Peace Heavy mk II

yo that actually sounds really good! getting some 9goats or lament. vibes too so i'm def here for this

(feels like the first time in AGES we get a two member band that's not making mediocre pop-punk or electro-rock too)

That was surprisingly awesome! I'm getting a Dir en grey-ish ballad vibe from it (and yeah, some 9GBO or even sukekiyo).

Definitely gonna keep my eyes/ears on these guys~

they sound great! happy to have a newcomer kicking things off with a song this good and polished. please last for at least a couple of singles

Echoing my fellow art kei stans here this is sounding pretty solid. Vocal melodies aren't hitting it for me, but lots of potential.

Hey this is pretty good! They definitely have potential. I know they just formed last month but here's to hoping that they can put themselves out there a little more. The PV has less than 500 views. Good to see they're playing with Kizu soon; that should hopefully help them get out there a bit!

For every riff, melody or part I just feel "Ah, I have heard that exact part from band xy 10 years ago" and therefore they pretty much just copied and glued together this song. However, in the context of todays scene they are still a welcomed addition. Once they start writing songs with own riffs/melodies I think they could get interesting.

this is actually quite nice, keeping my eyes on them 

also damn are these guys all completely newbies in the scene? makes it even more impressive 

Edited by chipathy

lol I was wondering why did this tweet suddenly gain traction :P  I didn't realize it was a comment straight from the forum o-o 

Edited by spockitty