Sign in to follow this  
ghost

Ghost's music

So, in my free time I like to dabble in composition. I don't really have a style yet, as it's just for fun, and I don't know much about music production.

I'm gonna start this thread with a song I started like 2 years ago and finally sat down and finished tonight. It's inspired from Castlevania music (specifically the soundtracks that Michiru Yamane worked on - Symphony of the Night, Lament of Innocence, etc.)

It starts off like a requiem but climaxes like an overture. If you like organs, harpsichord, and choral music, you might dig it.

For someone who only dabbles this is good! You've certainly nailed the Castlevania style (It definitely has that playstation One vibe)

But as some constructive criticism, I'd suggest lowering the volume and treble on the hats and cymbals.

@Manabu - Hey thanks! Really happy you think that 😀

That's a good suggestion. Yeah, now that you mention it I think it does sound on the hotter side. Thanks for your input : )

Edited by ghost

I like this alot! I know nothing about composition, but this sounds to me like a ost more than anything, with alot of tonal (not harmony tonal, emotion tonal) changes and swaps. I think I will listen to it in my free time, take that as a compliment please

7 hours ago, Fyrnia4Maya said:

I like this alot! I know nothing about composition, but this sounds to me like a ost more than anything, with alot of tonal (not harmony tonal, emotion tonal) changes and swaps. I think I will listen to it in my free time, take that as a compliment please

Thank you! I'm so glad it makes you think that. I do take that as a compliment!

There was a time I recorded random snippets of melody ideas I had, most of them being on piano. Last year I revisited my library of recordings and found one I really liked. I put on a chillhop rhythm to it and then recorded a guitar part for it just a couple weeks ago.

Still learning how to mix and produce so it's definitely not professional, but hey I'm just a bedroom hobbyist doing something he enjoys.

Edited by ghost

On 4/1/2020 at 2:12 PM, ghost said:

There was a time I recorded random snippets of melody ideas I had, most of them being on piano. Last year I revisited my library of recordings and found one I really liked. I put on a chillhop rhythm to it and then recorded a guitar part for it just a couple weeks ago.

Still learning how to mix and produce so it's definitely not professional, but hey I'm just a bedroom hobbyist doing something he enjoys.

pardon me, bedroom recorded or not... this is beautiful. and it really goes well with your artwork! Glad to see you're still doing artistic stuff.

4 hours ago, togz said:

pardon me, bedroom recorded or not... this is beautiful. and it really goes well with your artwork! Glad to see you're still doing artistic stuff.

Agreed! @ghost, this is wonderful! :o

On 5/20/2020 at 3:58 AM, togz said:

On 5/20/2020 at 8:33 AM, nullmoon said:

Agreed! @ghost, this is wonderful! :o

Awhh, thanks guys! 🥰

Sign in to follow this