YuyoDrift

Facebook Event Page Created for Storming Area 51

"The Air Force is warning people against storming Area 51 in Nevada, after a Facebook event page, organizing a meet up at the "Alien Center tourist attraction," went viral."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/air-force-warns-storming-area-51-facebook-event/story?id=64389885

Since everyone is talking about it, I figured I'd post it here for the lulz. 

Discuss. 

Storming Area 51 or The Nevada Test and Training Range at the Nellis Air Force Base is a wonderful way to get blown to hell so fast you don't know what happened.

Edited by secret_no_03

If that many people want to see what's inside why not? American people have the right to know what's inside. They have the right to know what their government is hiding from them. IMO. If anybody actually gets killed at this event that only shows what we should have all already known about our authoritarian government. 

1 hour ago, lichtlune said:

If that many people want to see what's inside why not? American people have the right to know what's inside. They have the right to know what their government is hiding from them. IMO. If anybody actually gets killed at this event that only shows what we should have all already known about our authoritarian government. 

I highly doubt more than 1,000 people will show up and you're not getting in there, there's monitored check points and as soon as anyone gets close to the area the national guard and local law enforcement will be there to hold things at bay. It's literally hundreds of miles of desert, so I hope they bring shovels, water and infra red goggles since any installation is more than likely miles below the surface as they've been there for nearly 100 years.

4 hours ago, lichtlune said:

Oh yeah, just allow hundreds of thousands of people inside the base full of secrets we're not even capable of understanding. I'm sure no malicious person or spy would  take the opportunity to sneak in with the tourists. lol

And wouldn't be beyond the American government to shoot down hundreds of people as they approach the base and then create an abduction conspiracy or cover up story. 

3 hours ago, platy said:

Oh yeah, just allow hundreds of thousands of people inside the base full of secrets we're not even capable of understanding.

This statement reminds me of something a friend told me not so long ago. He said that the reason technology seems to advance so gradually instead of all at once is because no-one thinks we're ready for such quick advancements, but I'm not entirely sure that's true. There have actually been cases of people being assassinated for their inventions because they thought the public "weren't ready for them". I don't know if storming Area 51 is a good idea or not (by which I mean it's almost definitely not), but I've never liked that "we don't deserve to know because we're not capable of understanding it" mentality. We probably are, considering there are people capable of understanding what might be hidden from us to the point where they may have hyped it up so much that they might be somewhat disappointed if they ever actually saw it. Of course there are some things that should never be invented/released to the public (e.g. time travel), but this is different. This isn't going to mess with the space-time continuum and sure, it'll take some adapting to, but I don't believe in hiding things to deliberately hinder our knowledge/opportunities just because they don't think we're ready.

Now, don't misunderstand me. I'm not in support of people trespassing on property owned privately by the government. I just think that if they are hiding something this significant, there should be better reasons to hide it.

9 hours ago, lichtlune said:

That obsession with rights is such a 'Murican thing lol 

Also, authoritarian goverment? Lol

It's a military base that most likely has nothing to do with aliens, just leave it the fuck alone.

And considering how fucked up is society nowadays with social media and current technology, I do not think we were ready for MANY things we have today and definitely not ready for more.

My gripe has more to do with the sheer troll-mindset that most people online have, and feel that creating an event like this is going to be "just for the lulz" and think only idiots will take it seriously. Well some radicals/poor dopes might, and I hope that no innocent people are hurt for being close minded on just how much danger exists by being a civilian trespassing on a military base. The fact the military has to take it seriously and give out several warnings to their own people is embarrassing itself and just shows how regressed I feel we've gotten, where we are being talked to like we're children who don't listen.

I'm sure not even half of those who have put "attending", or whatever FB uses for saying yes, are even from the USA.

We all know it's a bunch of BS, and just shows us all how many spineless "keyboard warriors" we have in our midst, thinking that their "justice" will prevail from behind a computer. Idk about you guys, but I'm seriously waiting for a "keeping it real goes wrong" scenario to play out before some sense returns to people.

Why couldn't they have just said something like a festival or a national barbecue outside the base lol? I'm sure everyone would have gotten just as much of a laugh reading it and hell, even the military would have applauded the humor and made a statement that doesn't sound so eerie.

I was thinking about this and there's no way they'd gun down thousands (probably just 500) people as I bet Fox, CNN, and locals news will be there for the event if it really takes off into something concrete.

5 hours ago, Gesu said:

This statement reminds me of something a friend told me not so long ago. He said that the reason technology seems to advance so gradually instead of all at once is because no-one thinks we're ready for such quick advancements, but I'm not entirely sure that's true. There have actually been cases of people being assassinated for their inventions because they thought the public "weren't ready for them". I don't know if storming Area 51 is a good idea or not (by which I mean it's almost definitely not), but I've never liked that "we don't deserve to know because we're not capable of understanding it" mentality. We probably are, considering there are people capable of understanding what might be hidden from us to the point where they may have hyped it up so much that they might be somewhat disappointed if they ever actually saw it. Of course there are some things that should never be invented/released to the public (e.g. time travel), but this is different. This isn't going to mess with the space-time continuum and sure, it'll take some adapting to, but I don't believe in hiding things to deliberately hinder our knowledge/opportunities just because they don't think we're ready.

Now, don't misunderstand me. I'm not in support of people trespassing on property owned privately by the government. I just think that if they are hiding something this significant, there should be better reasons to hide it.

Annnd how do you know it won't mess with time and space? 👀

What I'm saying is we literally don't know what they have there lol most of the information there probably most of us wouldn't understand not because we're simpletons but because, I don't know about you but I'm not well versed in military jargon, military science, weaponry or whatever other experiments they have going down there. Plus, look at the state of humanity right now. People will put their lives in danger for the sake of a selfie and Instagram clout, we can't even handle social media or phones, a new technology that's become integral part of our lives. Some things are better left alone. It doesn't take something as sophisticated as a time machine to create a mess lol

Edit: Oh and don't forget, there was a a FB event in the US last year I think, where people were gonna gather to shoot at hurricanes so they'd go away. It really did happen, despite the police issuing warnings to go somewhere safe and not shoot the fkn hurricane. Don't underestimate the dumbness of (American) mankind. 

33 minutes ago, platy said:

Oh and don't forget, there was a a FB event in the US last year I think, where people were gonna gather to shoot at hurricanes so they'd go away. It really did happen, despite the police issuing warnings to go somewhere safe and not shoot the fkn hurricane. Don't underestimate the dumbness of (American) mankind. 

What in the hell? I need to look this up.

5 minutes ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

I thought USA was the land of the free lmao so y'all should be able to just walk right in

This aint the Zoo or Museum bro. But I would find it funny as hell if someone said the same thing in regards to touching the animals or paintings lol.

2 minutes ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

I thought USA was the land of the free lmao so y'all should be able to just walk right in

Walk right into a 4,000sqm training ground where they frequently test the weaponry of new jets and God knows what else. I mean...okay let's do it, the land of the free means freedom to do stupid shit to get yourself killed. 🤷‍♂️

5 hours ago, Komorebi said:

That obsession with rights is such a 'Murican thing lol 

Also, authoritarian goverment? Lol

It's a military base that most likely has nothing to do with aliens, just leave it the fuck alone.

And considering how fucked up is society nowadays with social media and current technology, I do not think we were ready for MANY things we have today and definitely not ready for more.

I never said it had anything to do with aliens numb nuts. All I said is if the American people want to see it they deserve that right. It's not their fault such important "secrets" are kept in plain sight. Yes authoritarian government. We have concentration camps now. 

4 minutes ago, YuyoDrift said:

This aint the Zoo or Museum bro. But I would find it funny as hell if someone said the same thing in regards to touching the animals or paintings lol.

You can't just walk right into a zoo or a museum, unless you want thrown back out as soon as you walk in.

Just now, secret_no_03 said:

You can't just walk right into a zoo or a museum, unless you want thrown back out as soon as you walk in.

Actually some are free, fyi.

1 minute ago, YuyoDrift said:

Actually some are free, fyi.

Wow, well you learn something new every day. The closest I've seen is like a dollar. For real though, point me to a free zoo and I'm going 😅

This is like when bangyas do irimachi for the bandomen, but instead of people dressed in black there will be a sea of people with hats made of tin foil on their heads.

2 minutes ago, Triangle said:

there will be a sea of people with hats made of tin foil on their heads.

Lol please stop. I can't.

1 minute ago, Triangle said:

"I hope Martian-kun will notice me and abduct me on his ship." XD

There's a YouTube video recently where the people who joke about this are like "Ok, so who's gonna take one for the team and bang them some aliens?"