secret_no_03

A Rapid Increase in Domestic Violence Against Men in Japan

Moved this to Current Events as this is a serious thing going on in just about every civilized country.

I'm surprised something like this is increasing in Japan, but even more so in the United States. Feminism is taking a toll on America to the point where women can feel free to overpower anyone who gets in their way and still try to be sympathetic figures while crying wolf all at the same time because we are biologically inferior to men and we can't accept that. Because we are also child bearers, courts will usually side with us during custody battles because we are naturally seen as caring and motherly, while dads are stereotypically seen as deadbeats or abusive. It is disturbing how men are under attack in this country, and as feminism grows in Japan, I fear they'll face the same consequences there as well. One segment of the video above where the female abuser was let go while her man suffered horrible injuries infuriates me to no end; it is a daily epidemic that shows no signs of slowing down.

The reason why domestic violence against men isn't taken as seriously is because man is supposed to be dominant and shouldn't succumb to women, who are generally viewed as more weaker and innocent. If a woman calls out her male partner for abuse, then she is met with instantaneous support rather than skepticism. If a man admits he's being abused by his female partner, then he risks ridicule, humiliation, and not being "man enough"; men are held to such a high standard that they cannot come out with problems like these, even in our current society where we are now truly aware of men's mental health. The media is also more liberal leaning so of course they'll talk about the advancement of women's rights and keep domestic violence under wraps unless it's women being attacked by the evil bad men. In our modern climate, society has gotten so pussified that they are afraid of calling out minorities like women, gays, nonwhites, etc, and the attack on men will increase exponentially as long as women get away with the shit they're doing.

/rant

22 minutes ago, suji said:

Feminism is taking a toll

What if the causal relationship is not [more feminism - > more violence by women against men], but [more feminism - > more men reporting violence by women against them] ?

3 minutes ago, hyura said:

What if the causal relationship is not [more feminism - > more violence by women against men], but [more feminism - > more men reporting violence by women against them] ?

It would help if that lead to women actually being held accountable, but in reality, feminism is about female supremacy/empowerment rather than equality. it's all about taking down the patriarchy!!! 🔥🔥🔥

12 minutes ago, suji said:

Moved this to Current Events as this is a serious thing going on in just about every civilized country.

I'm surprised something like this is increasing in Japan, but even more so in the United States. Feminism is taking a toll on America to the point where women can feel free to overpower anyone who gets in their way and still try to be sympathetic figures while crying wolf all at the same time because we are biologically inferior to men and we can't accept that. Because we are also child bearers, courts will usually side with us during custody battles because we are naturally seen as caring and motherly, while dads are stereotypically seen as deadbeats or abusive. It is disturbing how men are under attack in this country, and as feminism grows in Japan, I fear they'll face the same consequences there as well. One segment of the video above where the female abuser was let go while her man suffered horrible injuries infuriates me to no end; it is a daily epidemic that shows no signs of slowing down.

The reason why domestic violence against men isn't taken as seriously is because man is supposed to be dominant and shouldn't succumb to women, who are generally viewed as more weaker and innocent. If a woman calls out her male partner for abuse, then she is met with instantaneous support rather than skepticism. If a man admits he's being abused by his female partner, then he risks ridicule, humiliation, and not being "man enough"; men are held to such a high standard that they cannot come out with problems like these, even in our current society where we are now truly aware of men's mental health. The media is also more liberal leaning so of course they'll talk about the advancement of women's rights and keep domestic violence under wraps unless it's women being attacked by the evil bad men. In our modern climate, society has gotten so pussified that they are afraid of calling out minorities like women, gays, nonwhites, etc, and the attack on men will increase exponentially as long as women get away with the shit they're doing.

/rant

I agree with you, to a point.

Feminism is, or at least its supposed to be advocating for equality not superiority of one sex over the other. That said, raising awareness and combating the abuse that men suffer, especially at the hands of women, is a part of the movement. The risk of humiliation and not being seen as "man enough" is a byproduct of toxic masculinity (a buzzword i know) which is a big topic in feminism. The fact that society unfairly favours women over men in custody battles, is similarily hundred years of harmful stereotypes stacked on top of each other.

I don't think we should villanize the whole movement, because mainstream media chooses to only expose the worst of it, because that what gets the views.

Now what is said on the video, is not precisely that more women become abusers, but more men report the abuse. Which all in all, is a good thing?

4 minutes ago, suji said:

It would help if that lead to women actually being held accountable, but in reality, feminism is about female supremacy/empowerment rather than equality. it's all about taking down the patriarchy!!! 🔥🔥🔥

I mean "patriarchy" is the reason why the assumption that women can't hurt men and can't be held accountable because they are weak (and so are men who are hurt by women) exists in the first place. So in theory, taking that down and removing these harmful stereotypes first would indeed lead to men victims reporting DV more and women attackers not getting away with it as easily. As @spockitty said, while there may be people calling themselves feminist who work against this goal, the movement as a whole is supposed to reach it.

@suji I really appreciated your lucidity and awareness about such issue, that's exactly what's going on nowadays, unfortunately...

And it was also a wise attitude from@secret_no_03  for not being afraid of bringing such a topic to light in a forum where most of people come to discuss about less serious things. 

Edited by Euronymous

55 minutes ago, spockitty said:

I don't think we should villanize the whole movement, because mainstream media chooses to only expose the worst of it, because that what gets the views.

I think the word feminism and the movement itself should simply disappear, there's no salvation for this movement since it was already so distorted. It genuinely begun as a fight for equality and became a toxic ideology just like Nazism and communism.If women have to fight for their rights they should do it by voting on the right ones on the elections, choosing those who represents and gonna fight for their interests and other forms of civilized manifestations on social media,on the streets,etc. It's not about the media,those who were part of this group and realized how toxic it became, already jumped out and are against it now.

Black Lives,LGBT, feminism,MGTOW 

I don't think people should label themselves,we are men and women and equally humans. I can't see the benefit of making groups,it only works as the trigger for the division of society, turning all of us one against another. 

Edited by Euronymous

There are many definitions of feminism but the ones I've read so far all seem to preach the idea that "women are strong and independent and don't need no man and they can work whatever job they want", which is true, but I think that's already been established in the western world. Here, I don't think a single or lesbian woman who works as a businesswoman, for example, is gonna turn too many heads. Even if there aren't that many women in [insert career here], we all know it's possible. For a broader definition, I think we can all agree that feminism is the ideology that there exists a patriarchy. In the west, I don't think patriarchy is really that big of a thing. I know that statement will probably get a few eye-rolls, but I just don't see one gender as being superior over the other on this side of the world, so I don't think we actually need feminism over here. Sure, there are inequalities that need to be fixed, but they're on both sides (male inequality would be not being taken seriously for issues such as these, female inequality would be being seen as passive) and I just don't see one side (namely females) as being so unequal compared to the other that we really need to "smash the patriarchy" and what-have-you. I think there are so many issues we could be focusing on instead, like the inequality of women in the Middle East, where they really do need feminism.

I think @hyura raised a pretty interesting point, and I agree, however there is still a problem with feminism in the western world and that's not the goal feminists wish to achieve but rather the means they employ to achieve it. It's good that they want to remove stereotypes and make society more progressive, but by shutting down what men have to say because "women are the real victims" and men need to "check their privilege", that's actually very regressive. The point shouldn't be to attack the other side; it should be to work with the other side to make your own side just as equal. You can't be equal if all you want is segregation.

P.S. I've been trying to relate this more to the topic at hand for a while now but everything I type is just coming out as brain spew because @suji said pretty much everything I wanted to in her second paragraph, lol. In short, people need to be honest about abuse, take men seriously, take women seriously, but remember to always look for proof and never assume anything just because you heard it because the legal system needs to work as it was designed to for both genders. Difficult for me to really give an informed opinion on abuse because England tends to be pretty equal regardless of gender and more discriminatory based on age instead (from what I've seen), but that's my two cents anyways.

@sujiCould you be so kind as to add "in Japan" to the title for me? I'm on mobile and don't know how or if that's something a mod has to do. I just don't want to muddy the waters and make clear that this is particularly about Japan. I mean I suppose other countries could be put here, but yeah. 

3 minutes ago, secret_no_03 said:

@sujiCould you be so kind as to add "in Japan" to the title for me? I'm on mobile and don't know how or if that's something a mod has to do. I just don't want to muddy the waters and make clear that this is particularly about Japan. I mean I suppose other countries could be put here, but yeah. 

might be a lil too late for that, bruh :lol:

18 minutes ago, Euronymous said:

I think the word feminism and the movement itself should simply disappear, there's no salvation for this movement since it was already so distorted. It genuinely begun as a fight for equality and became a toxic ideology just like Nazism and communism.If women have to fight for their rights they should do it by voting on the right ones on the elections, choosing those who represents and gonna fight for their interests and other forms of civilized manifestations on social media,on the streets,etc. It's not about the media,those who were part of this group and realized how toxic it became, already jumped out and are against it now.

I don't think people should label themselves,we are men and women and equally humans. I can't see the benefit of making groups,it only works as the trigger for the division of society, turning all of us one against another. 

I disagree, ANTI FEMINISM would not exist and that's not a world I want to live in! Okay, but in all seriousness, labels are problematic, but we now live in a society of labels identities with the rise of identity politics and the LGBT having a holier-than-thou approach, saying that anyone who is straight, white or a man has no say in the conversation as their sexuality (straight or cis as they call it.), white (check your privilege) or male (death to the patriarchy!) means you are automatically an oppressor in their eyes.

I'm really sorry that I drove this topic in another direction and didn't watch the whole video all the way through in one sitting until just now. Yes, the rise of feminism and identity politics is one reason why violence against men is increasing, which is why I initially brought it up. I applaud this video for advocating not only for men to report abuse, but for true equality, not to encourage double standards. The speaker at the end of the video who brought attention to the lack of shelters or support for male abuse victims compared to those for female victims really hit the nail on the head for me. More women's movements are rising in the world, but we should give male victims the same amount of support as female victims, as we are all human and face the same issues, and the most important thing is that we have to work together equally.

Feminism is necessary and it is a good movement. In most Western countries women have achieved what feminism is set out to do, I mean there are some wrinkles still that need or be ironed out but I'd say we lead pretty great lives and there are those (a small percentage) who are now looking to fill the void of no longer suffering under the patriarchy, so they go on the news to say that offices are usually cold because men tend to be in charge of the air con, making women, who usually wear lighter clothing, suffer. Therefore patriarchy is still in effect in their eyes. These people would be much better off seeing what ways they can be of use to other women who genuinely need help, perhaps listening to  women who live in countries where they can't even leave the house by themselves, or those who suffer female genital mutilation, volunteering at charities that support those who have been domestically abused and so on. Those women do need feminism. I believe feminism in Japan is necessary, but like I mentioned in another topic, only Japanese people know which is the best way to approach it for them. 

Regarding the rise in domestic violence against men, I don't think it's a direct by product of women getting cocky cuz giRl pOwER. Men are ridiculed (by other men above all) if they try to seek help coz their partner is a psycho. It is much more common than anyone imagines. I come from a country where having a girlfriend that beats you up and controls your life is desirable because it means she cares about you and because "that's just girlfriends/wives do! The old ball and chain haha". I have seen a lot of men suffer quietly because they believe this is how things are supposed to be. 

If more cases are being reported that's good, because they sure as hell have been happening all along. It is surprising though that this is rising in Japan, although with the whole "herbivore man" phenomenon, maybe not so surprising. Considering that Japan is already a society where feelings and problems are hidden away by default, imagine being a man with all the added baggage that comes with "masculinity". 

Also, men can't expect women to do all the work regarding feminism. This movement is supposed to benefit all parties. They need to do their part also in dismantling unhealthy stereotypes which do more harm than good when it comes to divorce, custody and reporting abuse. Support each other, discuss your emotions, etc. The ones who create such toxic, harmful standards for men are... Men after all! The reason there are SO many resources for female abuse survivors is because women fought and worked their hardest to make these places available, no one would've done it otherwise. Men should work just as hard to make sure that these institutions and resources are there for themselves too.

6 minutes ago, Euronymous said:

I think the word feminism and the movement itself should simply disappear, there's no salvation for this movement since it was already so distorted. It genuinely begun as a fight for equality and became a toxic ideology just like Nazism and communism.

Did you really just compare feminism to nazism?

At no point in history did nazism have a shred of positive ideology behind it. Communism is on the other spectrum of very radical ideals, which over the years literally caused the death of thousands. This is an entirely different conversation that in my opinion has no place in this topic.

19 minutes ago, Euronymous said:

If women have to fight for their rights they should do it by voting on the right ones on the elections, choosing those who represents and gonna fight for their interests and other forms of civilized manifestations on social media,etc. It's not about the media,

Your argument depends on women having the candidates who represent them to vote for, which in most countries, they don't. And the only reason why there are some candidates like that these days, is because of the feminism movement and the work it does.

It absolutely is about the media. To be clear, I'm not talking only about the news. It's about the music, the movies, books, academia etc. I happen to also be a part of "this group" if you couldn't tell already, and let me tell you, there are bad apples in every movement, but it's just so juicy to cherrypick the loudest and most toxic ones for the sake of sensationalism and self preservation. Especially considering that ceding some of the absolute power to the previously marginalized group is threathing to shake the foundation of most mainstream media.

36 minutes ago, Euronymous said:

realized how toxic it became, already jumped out and are against it now.

Against what? Tell me what is it that you're against and there's a big chance it'll turn out we're actually on the same side.

38 minutes ago, Euronymous said:

I don't think people should label themselves,we are men and women and equally humans. I can't see the benefit of making groups,it only works as the catalyst for the division of society, turning all of us one against another. 

Men and women are also labels created by society. We need labels to represent complex ideas in short terms and also to easily find people who are like-minded. We could go through life calling every plant a plant, but when one of them is edible and another is poisonous suddenly it matters that you differentiate that label.

1 hour ago, secret_no_03 said:

Yeah, sorry for hijicking your post, it kinda got out of hand ^^;

I really liked the video though. I've already subscribed to several of the channels you posted videos of, so thanks for sharing!

@spockitty

I suggest you to read again everything I said, because I feel like you misunderstood many points.

As I said, feminism genuinely begun fighting for the rights of women and equality before the law. That's the essence of feminism,and I totally support that.

However,the contemporary feminism is not a liberation from sexism and fighting for the women's rights anymore, it became the " demonization " of males, and it's perfectly right to compared it with communism in terms of toxicity and with Nazism, because that's what Hitler did before becoming the Führer.He demonized the Jews, blaming them for all the problems that Germany had at the time.That's the direction feminism took,they are raising women by lowering men....And I didn't even mentioned all the "arguments" pro abortion, which is a monstrosity.

Furthermore,I said that we are men and women, pointing the fact that that's the ONLY difference between us humans in terms of biology. Before homo or straight,black or White,you are human,so as a human you must be treated, before your ideologies or whatever.Some groups want special treatment just because they belong to these groups.

Edited by Euronymous

12 minutes ago, Euronymous said:

@spockitty

I suggest you to read again everything I said, because I feel like you misunderstood many points.

As I said, feminism genuinely begun fighting for the rights of women and equality before the law. That's the essence of feminism,and I totally support that.

However,the contemporary feminism is not a liberation from sexism and fighting for the women's rights anymore, it became the " demonization " of males, and it's perfectly right to compared it with Nazism, because that's what Hitler did before becoming the Führer.He demonized the Jews, blaming them for all the problems that German had at the time. And that's the direction feminism took,they are raising women by lowering man....And I didn't even mentioned all the "arguments" pro abortion.

Furthermore,I said that we are men and women, pointing the fact that that's the ONLY difference between us humans in terms of biology. Before homo or straight,black or White,you are human, and as a human you must be treated, before your ideologies or whatever is your beliefs.Some groups want special treatment just because they belong to these groups.

I did read it again and I don't see how I could have understood what you said differently.

I would like to agree to dissagree with you at this point and be done with this discussion. 90% of what you just said doesn't align with my worldview and perhaps we can debate it again one day on some more relevant thread~ I feel I've derailed this conversation enough as it is.

@secret_no_03 

It makes total sense to me talking about feminism on this topic,one thing leads to another and becomes something more.

I talk a lot with @Manji 卍 and he told me about a recent crime evolving a couple of lesbians who mutilated his 9 old son's genitals to transform him into a girl,and decapitated him because they hated him for being a boy.

2 hours ago, spockitty said:

Did you really just compare feminism to nazism?

At no point in history did nazism have a shred of positive ideology behind it. Communism is on the other spectrum of very radical ideals, which over the years literally caused the death of thousands. This is an entirely different conversation that in my opinion has no place in this topic.

Well, I've personally seen and heard feminists advocate for the abortion of male fetuses for the only sin of being male. I don't see how that is different from nazism.

13 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

Well, I've personally seen and heard feminists advocate for the abortion of male fetuses for the only sin of being male. I don't see how that is different from nazism.

sigh... those are the "radfems" that are universally shunned by the movement. I think we can all agree that it's absurd and not helping anyone. also, they are not going out and actually murdering those fetuses so there's your difference.

53 minutes ago, Euronymous said:

@secret_no_03 

It makes total sense to me talking about feminism on this topic,one thing leads to another and becomes something more.

I talk a lot with @Manji 卍 and he told me about a recent crime evolving a couple of lesbians who mutilated his 9 old son's genitals to transform him into a girl,and decapitated him because they hated him for being a boy.

There are plenty of cases of mothers abusing or killing children because they didn't want a boy. It TECHNICALLY has nothing to do with feminism if you're insane heartless monster. Now, if said mother/s were actively part of a feminist group or spouted feminist rhetoric, then there's a connection.

2 hours ago, platy said:

The reason there are SO many resources for female abuse survivors is because women fought and worked their hardest to make these places available, no one would've done it otherwise. Men should work just as hard to make sure that these institutions and resources are there for themselves too.

This is where you lost me. Let me explain why.

We're on a college campus and we want to create a group focused around celebrating culture and ethnicity. Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Indian clubs? Good. Black club? Great. Hispanic club? Awesome. White club? No no no, can't support white supremacy here.

Maybe instead we want to create spaces for underserved populations. Let's make women only scholarships, black only scholarships, latinx scholarships, etc. and that's seen as being progressive. There's a scholarship for being left handed even! But let's find a scholarship out there where the only qualification is that you have to be white, or that you have to be a man, and suddenly it's regressive and sexist.

Do you see what I'm getting at here? Feminism as an ideology is fundamentally flawed because it views the relationships between men, women, and those not on the traditional gender spectrum as a zero sum game where one group must lose in order for another group to gain. This is a flaw deeply ingrained in human psychology. Within this distorted view, the "oppressor" group gaining any ground must come at the expense of the "oppressed", because those resources the "oppressors" have could have been put towards "the oppressed". When men try to stand up for themselves and bring light to their own issues, we are often dismissed by men and women. Our situation is so fractured and fucked that we're not given the vocabulary to discuss it, which is what feminism has empowered women with: a voice. I call this phenomenon spreadsheet equality, because on the surface everything looks as fair as it can be, but fairness and justice are two different concepts that should not be confused.

If I sound like an alt-right lunatic, that's because the alt-right is fueled mostly by angry white men who see their opportunities being snatched away from them, unfairly or not. Angry. White. Men. The very group that is blatantly told that they're not allowed to complain because they live life on easy mode, as if life on easy mode doesn't have any challenges at all. They have a point to a point, and much like "the left" (I hate that phrase) they have an agenda, and their agenda is white supremacy, but absolutely no one is taking the time to dissect the points that make sense from the lunacy that doesn't, and we just disregard their points entirely, which kick starts the vicious cycle that sends a vast majority of disillusioned men down the echo chamber that is the alt-right pipeline.

Every move made and talking point espoused by anyone anywhere is to further a personal agenda to better their current position in the rat race that is capitalism. Feminists have one. White supremacists have one. Even I have one. Propaganda is a weapon stronger than the nuclear arsenals of the world combined, because it's much harder to kill a belief than a person. And as long as our society continues to believe this "inferior"/"superior" crap in any dimension, we're never going to come to the table and talk as equals.

And I say this as someone who has six eggs in one basket and half a dozen eggs in the other.

1 hour ago, Euronymous said:

@secret_no_03 

A simple Google search found exactly what you are talking about, and nowhere in it does it mention feminism. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pinknews.co.uk/2019/06/18/lesbian-couple-admit-to-brutal-murder-of-child-who-wanted-to-be-a-girl/amp/

They killed him because they wanted a girl and he resembled the biological father.