psychonnect_rozen

What’s your VK nickname?

First I went by Tetsu (still using it on here tho), changed to Yoma but I started to hate it pretty soon after realizing it's used in some Anime and now I'm with Midori since a few years already. Guess I'll keep that one 'cause everyone now knows me with that name.

But recently I've started to introduce myself with my real name too so ... maybe I'm not that into nicknames anymore

Most people in Chile have known me as Tsuki for ages, and a few others as Zakuro. I go by Komorebi over here and I use Kagura on some social media since it's closer in meaning to my real name.
If I played in a band I'd probably use either Kagura or Zakuro :P

I used to be known as Sora Yuki (Janglish "snowy sky") around 10 years ago. Here's a picture from back then!

full.png

Eventually it started to make me feel like a pretender, who wants to fit in because I was trying to be like the Japanese artists I looked up to by using a similar name. Also, hearing "Oh, like the Kingdom Hearts character?" got annoying. :) So now I go by Astra.

There are some VK cosplay websites from 2000-2005 that are still up out there and it always made me laugh how the girls that are showcased always seem to take their screen names from real VK musicians so you get cosplay credits that go "Sugizo by Toshiya" "Hide by Sugizo" "Emiru by Emiru" and so on

12 minutes ago, Milayou said:

There are some VK cosplay websites from 2000-2005 that are still up out there and it always made me laugh how the girls that are showcased always seem to take their screen names from real VK musicians so you get cosplay credits that go "Sugizo by Toshiya" "Hide by Sugizo" "Emiru by Emiru" and so on

People did that? Lol

I’m kinda sad that VK cosplay isn’t that much of a thing anymore. Granted, I do see some cosplay of VK but it’s not really that big anymore. I am planning to do a Kyo or Shinya cosplay if I ever go to comic con or some convention

Plus most of my friends hate VK so doing a full band cosplay will never happen unfortunately and most people won’t know who I am lol

Edited by psychonnect_rozen

Hmm... I'd wanna go by Pororo. Yup, like the cute penguin in that kids' show. IRL I've often been called "penguin" so I guess it'd be pretty fitting. Only thing is, I have rhotacism (that's what it's called in english? sounds so scientific) so maybe it'd be weird I wouldn't be able to pronounce my own name correctly lol.

7 hours ago, Milayou said:

Would you believe me if I told you there's a well known competitive Smash player called Gackt? He's apparently one of the best players in the world.

Gackt himself has taken a liking to PUBG and plays competitively, so perhaps he'll gravitate to Smash someday and take on his copycat.

54 minutes ago, astra☆ said:

Would you believe me if I told you there's a well known competitive Smash player called Gackt? He's apparently one of the best players in the world.

Gackt himself has taken a liking to PUBG and plays competitively, so perhaps he'll gravitate to Smash someday and take on his copycat.

He can do much better than take on his copycat: he can take on himself.

EDv4EgmXYAEModj.jpg

Mine is my name on here: R/O. Pronounced any way you like. That’s pretty much it. Language-less, genderless, brief.