psychonnect_rozen

Most lyrically shocking or disturbing VK songs?

I have to go with like half of Dir En Grey's songs. Kyo's songwriting is just amazingly wicked and Macabre (hehe get it?)

Tsumi to Batsu (the Gauze version and the 2011 version) is just intensely disturbing. Who knew a song about child rape can be so strangely addicting.

Mazohyst of Decadence is just creepy as fuck. I mean, we all know what this song about.

Songs that also fit into the disturbing category include: 

Berry

embryo 

Bottom of the death valley

Obscure

Myaku

Agitated Screams of Maggots 

ILLUMINATI by MALICE MIZER is about bloody BDSM sex rituals. It was very shocking and disturbing for 1998. But bands now put the boundaries higher and higher, but still, it holds up today as a real shocker, especially if you come from songs like au revoir or even Bel air without knowing what to expect lol.

Edited by Cantavanda

The first time I watched a Dir En Grey MV(I believe it was the song titled "Obscure"), I honestly felt disturbed initially. 😅 Went in totally blind, I am pretty weak when it comes to gore. 

Agitated Screams of Maggots probably. I remember when it first came out and thought it sounded so cool (it still does), but then i searched the lyrics and was like o...o no...

15 hours ago, Paraph said:

Agitated Screams of Maggots probably. I remember when it first came out and thought it sounded so cool (it still does), but then i searched the lyrics and was like o...o no...

I'm not big on Diru but I remember the song (never checked the lyrics) and now I'm morbidly curious. 

Stand by for me getting myself traumatized~

18 hours ago, Paraph said:

I remember when it first came out, I had the single, so I knew from the beginning, but the interpretations on SongMeanings was very entertaining.

I find Versailles’ “Marionette” to be inordinately creepy (in a sad and even kinda sweet way). Yes, I know the lyrics are absolutely PG, but the implications of the second stanza... and the “trailed by threads” bit... and the conclusion (which is also where the sweetness comes into play)... Shock value-y creepiness doesn’t get me half as much as the subtler kind. The implication that the titular marionette might be made from a corpse is about 10 times scarier than over-the-top inappropriate or gory lyrics.

Edited by R/O