Seelentau

DIR EN GREY announces new Blu-ray/DVD, single, JP, US and EU tour

The Live Collection started to be distributed on iTunes and Apple Musics!
But it only has 19 songs! (I think it doesn't including Yokan...)

10+ minute A-side? that makes up for the lackluster  b-sides at least, though i hella hope they're not just gonna continue with the Vinushka/Diabolos/Zetsuentai stock 'long song' format

Barks 2019.08.21

‘The World of Mercy’, the 30th single, released roughly a year after the last album 'The Insulated World’ and a year and five months after the previous single 'Ningen wo Kaburu’. The title track, which took over half a year to produce and became an over 10 minute long masterpiece, in a way was created as a conclution for the last album 'The Insulated World’ and a hint for the still unseen future that lays ahead. Furthermore, Dan Lancaster was appointed as the mixing engineer and Brian 'Big Bass’ Gardner as the mastering engineer.

The artist photos and artwork were created together by the art director Koji Yoda and the cameraman Takao Ogata. The mysterious artwork with a group of seven boys and girls in school uniforms who are looking up at the sky perfectly stirs up the imagination what the long awaited new song might be like. Also, as the artwork and music clip are linked with the lyrics the band members are also deeply invlolved in the production. Additionally, a special website for 'The World of Mercy’ has been opened.

Just before the single release a domestic tour titled 'TOUR19 This Way to Self-Destruction’ will start on September 15th in Kyoto, spanning 21 shows. The general admission tickets for the second part of the tour starting October 9th at Omiya Sonic City and finishing November 20th at Shinkiba STUDIO COAST will go on sale on August 24th.

from kyotaku

The mysterious artwork with a group of seven boys and girls in school uniforms who are looking up at the sky perfectly stirs up the imagination what the long awaited new song might be like.

stickeroid_5bf570d4dce3b.png

Edited by Seelentau

13 minutes ago, nekkichi said:

short ver. now, longer ver. on itunes, longest ver. on 『average flatulence』 PV DVD/BR next year I guess

You forgot Average Psycho 3 (totally uncensored ver.)

Edited by EvilHippy

3 hours ago, Seelentau said:

New band pic and single pics to commemorate the new single's release:

f69d7d11d813072d8642714a85c7d558958f4d60

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Since it wasn't posted here...

11 hours ago, VESSMIER said:

Love the new look, Toshiya looks stunning 

Also, Kyo kinda reminds me of gulu gulu's first single artwork 🤔

344236.jpeg

That band name only reminds me with Taiwanese boba tea brand and now I want one. :D

picture-1541557612.JPG

Honestly, I ever thought The World of Mercy will be a song bringing the light like Ranunculus.
But the new looks and the cover artwork just destroy my imaginations...

And I really wonder why there are 7 people with no faces standing in the cover artwork.
It really triggers my curiousity! I really hope it will be explained after this single gets released!

what are the odds of the song ending up being like 10:05 just so they can say ''see? it's over 10 minutes guys!!!"