The Piass

Guitarist Lin has joined Nocturnal Bloodlust ! + new mini-album "UNLEASH" release

how.... inconsiderate would be the tamest word I'd use, must you be to get caught, or I suppose to even participate in sth like this, knowing that the band you've just joined is going through an image crisis???? o-o 

this is not a small indie band, have some business sense, lay low ffs 

It's just not long after he joined the band then he screwed the band up!
Really such a talented guy! Just get the fu*k out of the band!

14 hours ago, The Piass said:

Lin was arrested yesterday because he was in possession of canabis. Tomorrow's live is cancelled.  They also cancelled their event on 08/12 and the tour 「Monster Park」 in September.

All in-store events in Tokyo, Nagoya and Osaka are also cancelled.

http://www.nocturnalbloodlust.com/news/0/47338/

japanese 『cancel culture 』 ain't playing tbh

I don't really have an adjective to talk about this lol Either way he was definitely not smoking the right stuff because it wasn't really helping that much with his creativity tbh :P

I'm I dunno what the band should do at this point. While the nature of the japanese stance towards drugs and Lin's arrest are debatable (not here though, because this would break a rule when it comes to political discussion) the timing of this whole thing happening was absolutely awful for the plans of the band. I don't know, we have the example of Lynch's Akinori and how both the bassist and the band were able to overcome a similar episode, but I'm not sure a band that was already dealing with some complicated issues like NCBL was could handle the situation. Part of me wants the remaining guys close the NCBL chapter and start a new band, but it would be really hard for them simply ditch the whole "legacy" they were building with time. Hope they still overcome this in any way it's possible.

Well, that sucks. I really liked their last release and i hope they can manage to deal with this nightmare.

I really don’t know how to feel. Possesion charges seem like nothing for me but i also know it is a huge deal in Japan. I hope they won’t just give up on that guy - even though he is new and he brought a lot of trouble to the band. 

Considering new release - I just love thank you, it is one of those songs that i want to listen to all the time and it just doesn’t get boring. I can’t say i hate the last song, it isn’t anything special but it is not like i will skip the song when i am listening to the album.

I love the direction they went with unleash/white out so seeing them disband at this moment would be a shame. I am crossing fingers they will manage to deal with it

4 hours ago, Wakarimashita said:

Meanwhile they, uhh... Removed Thank You's PV from their channel. lol

They will probably starting erasing all traces of him until things blow over or they disband. Judging by their comments on their OHP, even they're undecided if they will continue ...

25 minutes ago, patientZERO said:

he's working himself towards rehabilitation ... for weed.

Japan, you're so fucking lame.

I don't see the band coming back after this but who knows...

That's two major blows in what could be considered a short span of time. 

We can all agree that Japan's Weed laws are stupid as fuck but how dumb can you be to fumble a bag like this? 

Good luck to them finding a new Guitarist and making yet another comeback.