suji

Moi dix Mois new mail-order live Bluray DVD, "Deep Sanctuary VI ~MALICE MIZER 25th~ Anniversary Special" release

Here's a message from my YouTube channel.

Hello everyone! After a lot of reflection I made the difficult descision to private my two most recent videos, the full MALICE MIZER Deep Sanctuary VI live, and the APRÈS MIDI part of it. Why did I do it? Two reasons, one is that I'm dead scared of copyright strikes, and risking my entire channel for just a few videos is not worth it. And the second is a more moral question, I felt guilty uploading an entire new blu-ray. All of these people worked so hard on it, and I just put it free and public. It's true that the blu-ray is very, very expensive and inaccessible, but it's still very illegal and disrespectful to do it, especially so soon. It just didn't feel right or just to have uploaded in its entirity so quickly, especially when the Japanese MM store still has copies in stock. If you still wanted to watch it, or want to see it again, I'm really sorry! But I shouldn't have uploaded it in the first place. I couldn't feel at peace with myself knowing that I disappointed the artists, actual buyers and was risking to have my entire channel shut down at any time. Even though the videos were getting tons of views really fast, the numbers weren't worth the risk and guilt. The Bel Air and Gardenia are still online, with links to buy the actual blu-ray, you can use a Japanese shopping service to buy it from the MM store. I cannot control what others are uploading to YT, and I'm not here to stop anyone from doing it, but I want to feel at peace with myself. I might unprivate the videos if enough time passed, and if every copy is sold out. It might be in a month, a few months, or longer, I don't know. I hope everyone can respect and understand my descision. Again, I'm sorry for disappointing everyone... But my channel isn't going anywhere! I'll continue to upload amazing music by amazing artists! Just much older things, so nothing recent or still profitable. And I'm working on my first full album now, so expect to see occasional videos about it! Thank you for reading.

Edited by Cantavanda

If you were really guilty, then you shouldn't have uploaded the Blu-ray in the first place.

This fandom reeks of entitlement due to so many people thinking they're owed a live recording simply because it is"at such a disgustingly high price".  And it's not just this one release I'm talking about. Well guess what? It's a Blu-ray so of course it's gonna be more costly than a DVD. There are many reasons that can justify the price of this release. First, this is their first release in nearly 18 years (I'm not including anything released by Nippon after their hiatus). Second, if anyone knows Mana, then you should know that he's not a cheap date. Thirdly, if you truly love the band, then you wouldn't be complaining about prices; you'd be supporting them. I understand not everyone is able to do this, but you also wouldn't be whining to get the full live uploaded either. You should've saved up for it then.

Finally being able to buy a new item from MALICE MIZER was an exciting experience. All I could buy before was old and used. There were some items still in the original packaging, but there wasn't really a sense of pride in buying something that hit the market nearly twenty years ago.

If you love a band, please out of respect, buy things from said favorite band. Do it so that they can create more things for you to enjoy.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/MDN-141771593?s_ssid=e335705d2fdb9855d7

CDJapan has pre-orders up for a new batch of the Blu-ray.

Here is the info about it they provided:

"[Important Notes for Orders Placed After July 16, 2019] 

Pre-order Deadline: July 31, 2019 (Japan Time) 
Orders of this item placed after July 16 will be shipped after the release date, and there is a possibility that your order might be shipped in early August or later."

Seems like they are manufacturing more on a made-to-order basis. (?) Price is:

15741yen

(US$ 146.12)

20 hours ago, mystic azar said:

If you were really guilty, then you shouldn't have uploaded the Blu-ray in the first place.

This fandom reeks of entitlement due to so many people thinking they're owed a live recording simply because it is"at such a disgustingly high price".  And it's not just this one release I'm talking about. Well guess what? It's a Blu-ray so of course it's gonna be more costly than a DVD. There are many reasons that can justify the price of this release. First, this is their first release in nearly 18 years (I'm not including anything released by Nippon after their hiatus). Second, if anyone knows Mana, then you should know that he's not a cheap date. Thirdly, if you truly love the band, then you wouldn't be complaining about prices; you'd be supporting them. I understand not everyone is able to do this, but you also wouldn't be whining to get the full live uploaded either. You should've saved up for it then.

Finally being able to buy a new item from MALICE MIZER was an exciting experience. All I could buy before was old and used. There were some items still in the original packaging, but there wasn't really a sense of pride in buying something that hit the market nearly twenty years ago.

If you love a band, please out of respect, buy things from said favorite band. Do it so that they can create more things for you to enjoy.

So, be a slave to predatory practices, just go support a band who have absolutely no excuse for not releasing anything besides not being able to find a singer who can handle Mana's ego and are in no way hurting for money as M10M consistently make a mint and Közi has 4 projects including a solo project going on. The only person who could use the money is probably Yu~ki, but I doubt it. This is just predatory pricing to capitalize on starved fans who will buy anything they put out and Mana knows that. When you price something this ridiculously, and it just be a single disc, blu-ray or not you're essentially making an idiot tax to see how stupid and guilbile your fan base nearly 20 years after your last release. Over $150 for a single disc release is beyond ridiculous, but people will eat it up and they'll just release the next thing with as little cotent as possible.

It's called minimum viable product as in, what the minimum effort someone is willing to put into a product for the maximum profit. If you price something this high, expect it to be pirated by those outside of Japan. This shit is the equivalent of virtue signaling in politics. You're no greater or better or more devout a fan just because you paid double what something is worth or everyone who buys shit on yahoo auctions or mercari would be the biggest and best fans in the world. Speak with your wallet as pandering to a band and just accepting whatever they're feeding you sends the wrong message and they'll be confused when their sales for the next one are flat if they even think about charging $200 for say, 2 discs and a photo book. The holier than thou anti-piracy sector of VK is always something to behold.

I'm a fucking huge DÄLLE stan, and I support the hell out of them, but if I can find stuff online, I'll download it and that saves me money and I can use that money immediately or later down the line to buy something I can't find from them or merch other than music. Supply and demand, you should buy what you want, not buy what you don't, and asking kind souls for something you don't have the money for doesn't make you a bad person, just like you paying for something doesn't make you better than those who can't or won't buy it and would rather wait for it to be available online. If someone thinks it's worth it and they have the expandable income, then good for them, whatever floats your boat, buy it, buy five, but don't shit on people who either don't have the money or think that it's NOT worth the perceived value that the band and some fans think it is. 😊

Edited by secret_no_03

I don't have money to buy something like this today, but even if I watch it on YT I wouldn't hasitate to buy it if later on if I can afford it. Most of my generation grew up downloading from the net and, once you got a job you purchased that same material.

Edited by seikun

if it makes you feel better i watched your videos and still ordered it. i felt it was a rare chance to support the band again that made me admire music in the first place.

9 hours ago, Paraph said:

if it makes you feel better i watched your videos and still ordered it. i felt it was a rare chance to support the band again that made me admire music in the first place.

seconded

That clip with Kamijo and Malice Mizer, then Seth performing Gardenia was so beautiful and surreal to watch, like a dream band coming to life, and although I don't own any releases by them, I'm tempted to get a blu-ray player JUST for this ;w; I wouldn't mind a download either, but I feel that owning my own copy would be special even though, again, I don't collect any of their material.

On 7/17/2019 at 10:56 PM, mystic azar said:

Ok...

iso files were available for downloading before this concert was uploaded on youtube by 3 different channels (at least I saw that on Twitter).

Piracy and visual kei have a love-hate relationship...

Anyway, let people support their bandmen the way they are able or open a thread about how you buy stuff or save money to buy an expensive dvd on toasted waffles, idk

On 7/17/2019 at 11:28 PM, secret_no_03 said:

So, be a slave to predatory practices, just go support a band who have absolutely no excuse for not releasing anything besides not being able to find a singer who can handle Mana's ego and are in no way hurting for money as M10M consistently make a mint and Közi has 4 projects including a solo project going on. The only person who could use the money is probably Yu~ki, but I doubt it. This is just predatory pricing to capitalize on starved fans who will buy anything they put out and Mana knows that. When you price something this ridiculously, and it just be a single disc, blu-ray or not you're essentially making an idiot tax to see how stupid and guilbile your fan base nearly 20 years after your last release. Over $150 for a single disc release is beyond ridiculous, but people will eat it up and they'll just release the next thing with as little cotent as possible.

It's called minimum viable product as in, what the minimum effort someone is willing to put into a product for the maximum profit. If you price something this high, expect it to be pirated by those outside of Japan. This shit is the equivalent of virtue signaling in politics. You're no greater or better or more devout a fan just because you paid double what something is worth or everyone who buys shit on yahoo auctions or mercari would be the biggest and best fans in the world. Speak with your wallet as pandering to a band and just accepting whatever they're feeding you sends the wrong message and they'll be confused when their sales for the next one are flat if they even think about charging $200 for say, 2 discs and a photo book. The holier than thou anti-piracy sector of VK is always something to behold.

They went on hiatus because they all got burned out by everything and wanted to go in different directions musically (amongst other reasons) and I highly doubt they'd ever get back together and release new material. As for new mints, Moi dix Mois hasn't released anything since 2012. We hardly know anything about their personal lives so who's to say for sure that it is Yu~ki that needs the money. Just because Közi is in many bands doesn't automatically mean he's well off. In a perfect world, sure; but we don't live in one. Bands are also businesses so they're allowed to set prices to whatever they want . As consumer, we have the power to not buy.

Regardless of price, it would've been uploaded anyways. My issue with this isn't that it was available online, but that it was so soon. There should have been a longer grace period instead of just a week a and a half. There were too many people begging for it and the one of the guys who did uploaded someone else's rip and then felt guilty about it. If this were a GazettE release, there probably would've been riots. 

2 hours ago, mystic azar said:

They went on hiatus because they all got burned out by everything and wanted to go in different directions musically (amongst other reasons) and I highly doubt they'd ever get back together and release new material. As for new mints, Moi dix Mois hasn't released anything since 2012. We hardly know anything about their personal lives so who's to say for sure that it is Yu~ki that needs the money. Just because Közi is in many bands doesn't automatically mean he's well off. In a perfect world, sure; but we don't live in one. Bands are also businesses so they're allowed to set prices to whatever they want . As consumer, we have the power to not buy.

Regardless of price, it would've been uploaded anyways. My issue with this isn't that it was available online, but that it was so soon. There should have been a longer grace period instead of just a week a and a half. There were too many people begging for it and the one of the guys who did uploaded someone else's rip and then felt guilty about it. If this were a GazettE release, there probably would've been riots. 

I don't care about the band, I'd say the same of the GazettE if they pulled this shit.

I think part of the issue here is that they are pricing for the Japanese market. Namely, for the fans that are nostalgic and will drop that kind of money on MM merch, because they don’t really follow any bands besides M10M, or maybe one or two of Kozi’s projects.

They aren’t really pricing it for our market, which are the people that might be nostalgic, but if they’re still paying attention to VK at all, then they’ve moved on to other bands (usually multiple ones). Most of us simply don’t have the dedication to pine over a band that disbanded almost 20 years ago, and be willing to shell out $150 US+ Shipping for a blu-ray.

It’s a complicated situation, because this entire international fandom exists because of piracy, rather than in spite of it. Sure, we could choose to be uptight about copyright infringement, but we wouldn’t be here without it in the first place.

4 hours ago, mystic azar said:

If this were a GazettE release, there probably would've been riots.

I think the gazette dvds spread faster even without this blog. Their international fan base was built on piracy. don't you know facebook?

Edited by meikyoushisui

19 hours ago, mystic azar said:

your beloved flat titty goth grandma knew precisely what she was doing setting that kind of pricetag, and she knew perfectly well the release will be shared sooner than later with that cost (which might explain the switch to BR from DVD - fewer people have bluray set-ups capable of ripping content.)

if you think that watching a hour of bored goths looking catatonic only to perform some really lazy choreo once in a while is worth the cost, go ahead and buy several.

to me, coming in writing multiple elaborate shitposts with the intention to shame non-buyers lowkey comes off as pointless, if a bit naive.

What new direction could she take?

I met her wearing artRAVE Tour merch tees and Kylo Ren zipped hoodie in 2016 for handshake and signing event after MdM show, maybe that inspires her. 😜

But honestly, we always want mana in her dark wave baroque style :D

Moi dix Mois will perform for 2 nights on November 30-December 1.

their first day live, "暗黒大典礼祭〜Scarlet Sabbath〜" will take place at SHIBUYA STREAM HALL

their second day live "Dis inferno Vol. XVII~LASTYEAR PARTY~" will take place at Shibuya Veats

More details will be announced soon.