Sign in to follow this  
The Piass

薫(Kaoru) (DIR EN GREY) will hold a one-man exhibition !

This one man live exhibition called 「ノウテイカラノ」(?)  will be held on 2019.01.31 and 2019.02.03 at TEMPORARY CONTEMPORARY.

Ds6rJ8JUcAAly4r.jpg

Ds6fZ-rU0AIMB7M.jpg

Edited by The Piass

1 hour ago, libertine said:

I can see the similarity, but I'm wondering whether this is just about style or if there are actual copied subjects. If there are, then fair enough. However, stylistically it's all literally just stock edgy high schooler art and I don't think this artist has any legal or moral ownership of it. It's not like every shitty hobby photographer credits the inventor of the depressed in a bathtub picture either.

It looks a lot like this image from OP.

Spoiler

Dq2xPpDWoAEO9-N.jpg

Looks like you all beat me to the exhibitionist jokes, tho.

On 8/27/2019 at 9:21 PM, Lestat said:

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/RJzq8AT

Just saw this pop up on my feed. Interesting...

Hmm... did he provide proof? Because the picture @ahnchc posts is not the same as the one Kaoru used.

And saying that an artist stole something because of the same concept is kinda... eh? Of course art often overlaps, arists use other artists as inspiration.

But Kaoru didn't steal anything. You can't steal colour compositions, themes or whatever.

Besides, I'm highly doubtful Kaoru even knows of some random Western artist.

But then again, "Of course their fans will never believe me." cancels out everything I say anyway.

That's a good strategy to denounce possibly valid criticism before it was made in the first place.

So your claim becomes un-attackable and you win. Bamm.

Sign in to follow this