Sign in to follow this  
Str1pped

Beginning.

Hi everyone.  I've been into vkei for a long time now but just found out about this awesome forum. It has been my little secret world so I haven't researched that much about different communities/forums or even talk to people about it (at least not alot). Other than vkei I also listen to alot of different music and music genres and always open for exploring something new. First time I was introduced with vkei was when I was 11 years old when I first seen Hide - Light My Fire cover on youtube (that exact video from 2006 is still up on yt) and since I am from small EU country I've never seen anything like that so I was very curious what is that all about and why is that guy wearing weird fashion and rest is history which changed my life forever. I am not a big fan of modern vk but I don't hate it and I listen to it a bit. I am mostly fan of 90s-00s stuff like Pierrot, Kuroyume, Luna Sea, Piass,Baiser and my favourite X-Japan and then later bands like Kagrra, Gazette, Mucc, D'espairsRay, Plastic tree, Nightmare (which is heavily underrated imo) etc... From newer bands I really dig Jiluka,Archemi, the Raid. and many more. Don't know what else to say, thank you for reading this squeezed and messy text, looking forward in meeting some new people here!  (and sorry if I posted this in wrong part of the forum im still trying to learn how things work here ><)

Welcome to MH

I see, you have been to VKei for a long time, I like your bizzare taste a bit although, I'm actually the opposite of what you listen too, I listen to modern VKei more and I don't really listen to old school VKei that much but, it doesn't mean I hate it already, I listen to classic VKei bands for somehow, at least a bit and a song I liked. Bands such as Gazette, D'espairsRay,  Mucc and a bit of Dir en Grey, I liked them at least late 90's until the 2000’s.

Anyways Enjoy!

Welcome here ☺️.

I like visual kei a bit 00's , 2010 and more recent, xD . But it's not fix, ( it's depend on my mood).

I like Kagraa, but since the Isshi dead, I have difficulty for listen them and I like the GazettE.

10 hours ago, Str1pped said:

@Laurence02

Hi! You mean something like After Image, L,DEAR, Vierge etc.?

Yes, totally! But first and foremost, the period of X (which later became X JAPAN) before they became major (i.e. Vanishing Vision), which was the years 1982-1987.

Edited by Laurence02

11 hours ago, Str1pped said:

@K-x-H

It just depends what musical background you have I would guess and what kind of sound appeal to you the most. 
Thank you! :)

Well, i did used to listen to some of the bands from the 2000's and a bit of the 90's often back when it was my first listening to visual kei especially metal, and a year later i started listening to modern Vkei bands a bit, around in my high school days from 5 years ago on my graduating year that time, then another year later and so then, i kept listening to more modern Vkei bands up to now, which is more appeal to me up to now but, i still have respect for the first Vkei bands i've listened to from the 2000's, even if i listen to more on modern ones.

4 hours ago, Laurence02 said:

Yes, totally! But first and foremost, the period of X (which later became X JAPAN) before they became major (i.e. Vanishing Vision), which was the years 1982-1987.

Oh yes of course! Stuff like Stop Bloody Rain, Kill The Violence, Lady In Tears and many more and ofc Saver Tiger stuff as well! What X/X Japan songs are your favourite?

3 hours ago, K-x-H said:

Well, i did used to listen to some of the bands from the 2000's and a bit of the 90's often back when it was my first listening to visual kei especially metal, and a year later i started listening to modern Vkei bands a bit, around in my high school days from 5 years ago on my graduating year that time, then another year later and so then, i kept listening to more modern Vkei bands up to now, which is more appeal to me up to now but, i still have respect for the first Vkei bands i've listened to from the 2000's, even if i listen to more on modern ones.

Gotcha! I don't mind any vkei, oldschool or modern it doesn't mind, if it's good it's good, but me personally prefer older sound more just like non vkei music I also listen to oldschool stuff more from 60s-00s it's just me I might be wrong but I just have a feeling like it was more honest, had more heart, more emotional and was pushing the boundaries much more (talking about rock/punk/metal music mostly) and I feel it's like that in vkei too! But as I said it's individual and everybody has its own opinion as long as vkei is not dead I am happy! ^^

3 hours ago, Str1pped said:

Oh yes of course! Stuff like Stop Bloody Rain, Kill The Violence, Lady In Tears and many more and ofc Saver Tiger stuff as well! What X/X Japan songs are your favourite?

I really dig Stop Bloody Rain and Endless Dream. Shame that they never were released in an accessible manner..

2 hours ago, Laurence02 said:

I really dig Stop Bloody Rain and Endless Dream. Shame that they never were released in an accessible manner..

Totally agree and I think that Time Trip Loving would be a classic!

Sign in to follow this