Sign in to follow this  
secret_no_03

DÄLLE

D_wp7pQUEAAaJDD?format=jpg&name=smallStarting as a session band with Satoshi, Közi, Atsushi and Fuchi where they played staples from Joy Division, Bauhaus and Killing Joke. Satoshi then left before ryo who was in 9 goats blackout came on as vocalist and they added Rieu, YUGAMI and Masaaki and started making original music. The versatility of ryo as a vocalist, looking at how he's in three different groups at once and they each sound different speaks volumes and no two DÄLLE songs are the same. I think it's a testament to the diversity of the band with ATSUSHI coming from a punk background, ryo Nagoya-kei, Közi being a VK OG and Rieu the more obscure avant-garde noise genre. DÄLLE have released pretty consistently and just seem to be getting better which is a testament to the work ethic of ryo considering KEEL and HOLLOWGRAM have releases this year as well.

ZjD3Zb6.jpg

ATSUSHI who at one point changed his name to just XXX in the credits seemingly does everything from managing the group to running the store, designing merchandise, the photobooks they give out at shows and the CD and DVD cases and booklets etc. I know they're not everyone's cup of tea and are the definition of underground, but they deserve their own thread and admiration in my humble opinion. Their releases and merch may be quite the hassle to get a hold of, but when you do it's worth it. Their blending of everything from a more visual kei sound to post-hardcore and even elements of rap and dark wave is unlike anything i have seen in the visual scene. Anyway, this is my for lack of a better term, love note to a great band who are and probably will always be underground and not well known, but that's part of the fun and the mystique.

Huh6WRv.jpg

Edited by secret_no_03

If they committed a bit more to the witch house-y dark electronic stuff (instead of just the aesthetics and some song parts) I'd be all over them, but to me they've always been kinda like a group where they just throw a bunch of clashing stuff together and call it a song. They do have their moments tho!

Edited by Jigsaw9

4 minutes ago, Jigsaw9 said:

If they committed a bit more to the witch house-y dark electronic stuff (instead of just the aesthetics and some song parts) I'd be all over them, but to me they've always been kinda like a group where they just throw a bunch of clashing stuff together and call it a song. They do have their moments tho!

I guess that's what VAMQUET is for lol

I adore them. Hoping that they'll add a concert in Tokyo at the end of december/start of January, I really want to see them live! (and grab as many CD/DVD as I can)

On 8/4/2018 at 9:04 AM, Mr.0 said:

I adore them. Hoping that they'll add a concert in Tokyo at the end of december/start of January, I rely want to see them live! (and grab as many CD/DVD as I can)

I tried to unfollow these guys for a while because of Lüstzöe and them not releasing anything while trying to save money, but they're releasing a new DVD next month.

cf77b45ef3d59a2b7fdcb1b0c3266213.png

Oh, engrish. They'll more than likely film this one if they don't want fans to be seen, either that or they're just trying to be cool, could be either or literally both.

3 hours ago, secret_no_03 said:

I tried to unfollow these guys for a while because of Lüstzöe and them not releasing anything while trying to save money, but they're releasing a new DVD next month.

Paging @Mr.0

6 hours ago, Mr.0 said:

YAY FOR NEW CONTENT!! Not loving that price tho 

Well, to be fair START AND TWO YEARS and CUT AND LOST are both 5,000en 

17 hours ago, secret_no_03 said:

@Mr.0I don't know if you're interested in merch, but the My Heart is Evil hoodie has had a massive drop in price from 8,000 to 5,000 yen. I know France is having a heat wave, but it'd be nice for the fall/winter. 

https://mayhem.buyshop.jp/items/21653778

Thanks for letting me know (and yeah, I hate that heat haha) but I don't really buy merch!

1 hour ago, Ozileras10 said:

Can someone please recommend me some songs from them coz I really wanna start listening to them but don’t know where to start

Well, they don't have too many songs, just two albums which I uploaded, but it's hard to recommend anything because every song is different, they never make two songs alike (Atsushi is nuts).

12 hours ago, Ozileras10 said:

Can someone please recommend me some songs from them coz I really wanna start listening to them but don’t know where to start

Here's the link to their discography if you haven't found it already. https://www.monochrome-heaven.com/topic/56366-dalle-complete-discography/ I've collected all of their stuff over the past few years.

1 minute ago, Ozileras10 said:

Alright thanks a lot 

👌No problem, it's nice to see me stanning these guys is finally paying off xD I'm interested in your feedback after you listen to everything.

7 hours ago, secret_no_03 said:

👌No problem, it's nice to see me stanning these guys is finally paying off xD I'm interested in your feedback after you listen to everything.

Sure, I’ll give feedback when I go through the discography. I have one question though! Is every song from them a cover song?

1 minute ago, Ozileras10 said:

Sure, I’ll give feedback when I go through the discography. I have one question though! Is every song from them a cover song?

They only do covers live and NOT IN LOVE is a cover.

Atsushi tweeted about voting and encourages everyone to vote. Things are looking pretty interesting in Japan as if the LDP get enough seats Abe can get that constitutional amendment he's been wanting since getting elected.

https://thediplomat.com/2019/07/japan-prepares-for-upper-house-elections/

Edited by secret_no_03

Sign in to follow this