Jump to content
Spike760

the GazettE

Recommended Posts

On 1/7/2018 at 7:35 PM, NightFall said:

Gazette_2018.jpg

New year postcard from FC :D Uruha's looking good xDD

 

Sorry for the poor quality lol

THanks for sharing,

They look gooooood :D

Cant wait for the new album <3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2018 at 12:35 AM, NightFall said:

Gazette_2018.jpg

New year postcard from FC :D Uruha's looking good xDD

 

Sorry for the poor quality lol

So I guess this is what Reita's Twitter profile pic was from? I wonder why he changed it though...

Edited by jxnvier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2017 at 12:46 PM, Ozileras10 said:

Wouldn't it be interesting if Aoi and Uruha started using 7strings in the new album

 

 

MUH DICK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Nowhere Girl said:

inb4 next album is nothing but djenty chug

"Djent" is typically on 8 string guitars, not 7

 

see: Meshuggah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If every song is as good as undying it will be my aoty. But it won't be. I'm really feeling the cognitive dissonance of being really hyped for the album while at the same time knowing there is a near 100% chance it will disappoint. It's a never ending cycle with me and the gazette.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Djent is not defined by the number of strings, but plenty of djent bands use 7 string guitars. 

Name them. All of them. "Djent" is not defined by number of strings, sure; but do you know what it is defined by? Blatant copying of Meshuggah, whose use of 8 string guitars defined the "djent" sound and provided the template for all other bands to copy.

 

Simply put: "Djent" as we know it today didn't exist until Meshuggah changed their sound and switched to 8 string guitars. Legitimately every band described as "Djent" appeared on the scene after Meshuggah's "Nothing" (when they switched to 8 string guitars), released in 2002.

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Djent#List_of_artists

 

This is a pretty bad list though, tbh, because I wouldn't necessarily describe many of these as being inherently "Djent", but perhaps at points in their careers they've pulled from that style.

Edited by geist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus,

 

Getting vexed over someone not agreeing over certain aspects of a fucking subgenre of a subgenre is what this thread does not deserve for real.

 

Even if they switched to one-string shovel guitars, I could care less about such measurements. What are these guys doing at the moment is the prime issue. With 7 or 8-string guitars you could as well produce some top notch music without taking too many leaves out of others' playbooks and hoping for a good hodgepodge of influences. DOGMA was inconsistent as fuck, and even to this day GazettE has produced nothing that could brand their "GazettE sound" for good. How am I supposed to tell the difference between them and any other hardcore or djent band that cool kids from Call of Duty multiplayer servers are listening to?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Alroy said:

Jesus,

 

Getting vexed over someone not agreeing over certain aspects of a fucking subgenre of a subgenre is what this thread does not deserve for real.

 

 

tbh, fam, the only one getting "vexed" here is you. Everything was cordial until the pants pissing began.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, geist said:

Name them. All of them. "Djent" is not defined by number of strings, sure; but do you know what it is defined by? Blatant copying of Meshuggah, whose use of 8 string guitars defined the "djent" sound and provided the template for all other bands to copy.

 

Simply put: "Djent" as we know it today didn't exist until Meshuggah changed their sound and switched to 8 string guitars. Legitimately every band described as "Djent" appeared on the scene after Meshuggah's "Nothing" (when they switched to 8 string guitars), released in 2002.

 

...

^^^^

 

Then again though, 'twas quite an unexpected comeback, sir/ma'am!

 

giphy.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Alroy said:

^^^^

 

Then again though, 'twas quite an unexpected comeback, sir/ma'am!

 

 

 

Asking someone to cite all of the "Djent" bands they know of that use 7 strings in a discussion about the predominance of 8 string guitars within the style seems rather appropriate for the conversation, no?

 

I also don't see how identifying Djent as copying the unique style of Meshuggah -- which objectively speaking, it is -- to be "vexing" either. That's a bit unclear to me.

Edited by geist
lazy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...