Spike760

the GazettE

also apparently aoi is suffering from a creative congestion so his consistently out-of-place sounding efforts will hopefully avoid this record altogether

I'm still very curious if they're dropping a promo/radio-only release with one song only, or releasing a 3-tracks+PV typical gazette single fare in the spring.

fingers crossedT tbh.

20 minutes ago, Kiryu999 said:

I hope they won't rush to release it on time and put tons of filler tunes on it 

Or rush production and it ends up sounding like it was recorded in a dumpster. They should have waited on announcing an album until they finalised the song selection, then it'd be easier for them to decide if they can release it in March/April as hoped, or if they'd have to push it back to mid-summer.

48 minutes ago, Nagisa said:

Is the song being released before the album or after the album?

before

they announced one for march (?), iirc.

7 hours ago, Seimeisen said:

Or rush production and it ends up sounding like it was recorded in a dumpster.

that's what I'm also afraid of, mostly because of how shitty traces was mastered (and they still thot it was okay to release it.)

I usually don't care for djent, I hate it's over-saturation in metal and how any band that 'djents' is automatically labeled as "progressive metal" (bitch no ur not). But, I dunno... djent-y GazettE? I think I'd be down for that! I don't think it's something they need to do, though; I think their DARK AGE era shows they don't need seventy thousand strings to be heavy.

I actually kinda wish they would do a mini-album instead. I think more than a change of style or instrumentation, they need to just focus on solid song writing. Dogma was good but it was too long,  a lot of the songs were either repetitive or sounded too similar, and the production gave every song the same character. I think they could've played more with the production to give some songs ( like "wasteland") a different feel and break up the tone of the album. 

But, they found a great new sound and I'm interested to see if there's anything more they can push with it. I think them working on just a few songs and coming up with some real killer riffs and melodies would be so much more interesting. 

the gazette is awesome :) my favorite song by them is cassis

Edited by Luceillia

Update on the new song from Ruki's twitter. 

どんな曲かはお楽しみですが、俺はいつも歩きながら聞いてる時鳥肌たってるから間違いない

I'm looking forward to see how the song will turn out, every time I hear it while I walk around  I get goosebumps, there's no doubt about that! 

本日は3月10日に解禁される新曲のRecスタート

Today the recording of the new song that will be released March 10th has started 

i think the songs UGLY, DOGMA AND ONMIOUS resumes the types of tracks we can expect for the new album (could be possible a jazzy song?)

Ruki screams had a great improvement compared to the past 3 albums before dogma.i wonder if they gonna add something really new for this record or just get heavier.anyway,i'm very hyped as well

Edited by Manji 卍

I'm not surprised they're only really committing now because they probably already know how fast their current team of ghost-writers and sound producers is when it comes to album production,

I am surprised Ruki seems to be more involved with this DEUX TROIS side-hustle or w/e it's called (unless that one rides on the backs of underpaid design interns/gya ripping off established brands) than the album at this point tho.

Oh shit, they haven't even written all the songs?

I hope this album doesn't end up being rushed, but a time frame might help them keep motivated.

Personally, I actually really liked Beautiful Deformity. It wasn't a straight catch like some of their other albums, but I find myself constantly listening to more songs from BD than other albums. I like the idea of DOGMA, but a lot of the songs were kinda same-y, but I felt that the two post-singles really carried on and improved upon the same feelings from DOGMA. Hopefully they do some more power ballad kinda songs like DERACINE, 'cause I really like when GazettE do that and it was probably my favourite song (after WASTELAND) from DOGMA.

I really liked UNDYING, there wasn't a track on that single I didn't like, and I wouldn't be disappointed at all if that is the direction this new album goes.

@itsukoii more details

First link: http://the-gazette.com/discography/319.html

Second link: http://the-gazette.com/discography/331.html

Third link: http://the-gazette.com/discography/322.html

First and third links are different versions of the same live release (first DOGMATIC TOUR finale, 2016/02/28), the second link is actually a documentary of their DOGMATIC world tour.

Get the first link! It might be DVD only (no Blu-ray option womp womp), but it comes in a 12" package with a photo book and another tour documentary. I held a copy when I was in Japan, but wouldn't have had room in my luggage, so I didn't buy it sad.

@Seimeisenthank you my dude! first link it is, even tho my wallet's gonna hate me!!!