Sign in to follow this  
Panda_bear

Lil Peep

igj1tt.jpg

Gustav Elijah Åhr (November 1, 1996 – November 15, 2017), known professionally as Lil Peep, was an American rapper, singer, songwriter, and record producer. He was known for being part of a "post-emo revival style of hip-hop" Åhr died of an accidental fentanyl overdose on November 15, 2017. AllMusic described his music as a blend of hip hop and rock influences along with trap, punk, and dream pop.

Åhr’s music contains lyrical themes regarding topics such as depression, drug use, past relationships, and suicidal thoughts. Before the release of his first album, he mentioned Kurt Cobain, David Bowie, Frank Ocean and Riff Raff as inspirations. His other musical influences include Gucci Mane, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Crystal Castles, Seshollowaterboyz, Rozz Dyliams, My Chemical Romance and Panic! at the Disco.

Any fans of his music? I only recently discovered him and I've been binging through his discography.  I really enjoyed Call Me When you're sober and appreciate all the other genres of music he combined with the rap/trap style. His passing was very unfortunate and sad on a number of levels. 

Fucking love this dude. My sister would always blast his music in the car, and to hear that the dude died was very surreal and tragic. As someone who initially grew up hating all kinds of rap, his music made me a huge fan of underground rap/vapor trap, etc. I can totally relate to most of his lyrics.

9 minutes ago, suji said:

As someone who initially grew up hating all kinds of rap, his music made me a huge fan of underground rap/vapor trap, etc. I can totally relate to most of his lyrics.

Same here. I'm more of a rock and metal guy, but appreciate some good hip-hop and rap, and his style instantly made me a fan of his. His music definitely pulls you in even if your not a rap fan. Definitely blast worthy with some emo but catchy vocal hooks.  His lyrics are also very relateable and a part of why I think he attracted a lot of fans. 

12 hours ago, Panda_bear said:

His music definitely pulls you in even if your not a rap fan.

His lyrics are also very relateable and a part of why I think he attracted a lot of fans. 

THIS! unfortunately I never properly checked his music out before but I also really enjoyed Come over when you're sober

loving him. a few people who got with their creativity to somewhere. and he's one of them. i loved the concept of releasing his latest song with Marshmello ('Spotlight') after his death

Sign in to follow this