yuuzhea ikubaru

DAVID - 1st mini album, "「創生録Ⅰ 〜Birth and Confession〜」" release!!

Reading that caused me to have a stroke. 

This is really completely nonsensical. I may try to make a flow chart as to how this works. I won’t be able to listen to previews until I’m home later, but for now I’m still excited to see what material he comes up with here. 

Yeah, the different releases/types should be a crime. Just print make a super-duper deluxe edition with everything and I'll buy that one damnit. That being said, the samples sounded great to me. "Metempsychosis" and "蠱惑" in particular sound awesome.

5 hours ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is a recap of what is happening based on how I am understanding this thread:

There are 3 versions of this mini-album: a regular edition, a limited edition, and a 🔥 DELUXE 🔥 edition.

The regular and limited editions are being released on June 6th. The limited edition contains 6 songs, with tracks 5 and 6 being unique to it, and the regular edition only contains 5 songs, with the 5th song being totally unique to only it.

The 🔥 DELUXE 🔥 edition comes out on June 30th, contains what looks like 8 songs total, and should not contain the same 5th and 6th tracks found on the two prior editions.

In additional to all of this nonsense, a second pressing of his special edition first single will also come out on June 6th. 

😩

9 hours ago, Mr.0 said:

I need him to unveil the deluxe edition tracklist before I purchase any of them. I'm hoping all the tracks will be featured on that, but knowing v-kei, it'll probably be another new tracks, only available there.

^^^

basically sums up what's wrong with vk today 😭😭😭

Previews sound amazing. I wonder if figuring out which song will be in which album is just a strategy to confuse fans and have them buying every version and maybe buying one of them more than once by mistake.

I always liked SUI's voice, Mage was a great track (these chorus !) this  one seems to be a solid release (very curious about Metempsychosis) 

Listened to the previews just now and they sound pretty good, I'm still definitely hyped, but kind of very irritated that he's doing all of this. It just seems really unnecessary. But I guess after thinking about it, this particular mini album will be out in full by the end of June and will have at LEAST 8 tracks, but could potentially end up with 11? 

For instance:

Normal edition: 5 new songs.

Limited: 4 + 2 exclusive songs

Deluxe: 8 total, 1 definitely new and then three to be decided with the same original four.

^ y i k e s

Yeah, and the deluxe edition won't be out till July, and because that has 8 tracks in total, I have a stinky feeling that that will include all the extra songs from both editions, so that's why I'm kinda holding off on purchasing any of the editions. Such shady marketing lol..

So one week after its release, he decided to put ONE song off 創生録 I 〜Birth and Confession〜 on iTunes/Spotify. So enjoy, I guess? 🤔

🍎

update on the 🔥 DELUXE 🔥 edition: the preorder period has been extended to July 31, and shipping will start in late August.

Only 2 (two) new songs have been added, instead of the initial 8 tracks that we were promised...

[tracklist]

1.Birth and Confession (Instrumental)

2.Confession -Awakening of Genesis-

3.Metempsychosis

4.Fate Conscious

5.蠱惑

6.Paradise lost for Requiem

To make up for this, a 16-page A4-sized booklet will be included instead. The long interview DVD will still be included for those who preorder.

Okay so now this like super limited version isn’t gonna be released until late August, but the other versions are or are not currently available? I know they aren’t on iTunes because I keep checking lol

Yikes. He better release a full album with all this shit later, I'm not spending this much for so little content.

6 hours ago, ShanethVarosa said:

Okay so now this like super limited version isn’t gonna be released until late August, but the other versions are or are not currently available? I know they aren’t on iTunes because I keep checking lol

Only 1 song is available digitally because he hates us

I'm personally quite happy with "just" the Limited Edition over here. Metempsychosis and 蠱惑 were predictably my favorite tracks from this, but the other ones were good too. Fated Conscious is surprisingly not a a ballad all the way through like the trailer seemed to indicate.

2 hours ago, ShanethVarosa said:

@Peace Heavy mk II How do you search for it in iTunes? I feel like no matter what I do I can't find anything haha.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/metempsychosis/1393921389

It doesn’t help that they named the “album” after just the song that was added to the store, and that Apple is trying to phase out iTunes so searching for stuff is becoming more and more difficult if you don’t use Apple Music

Edited by Peace Heavy mk II

What the shit do you mean they’re trying to phase out iTunes? Like, that’s how I legally buy anything. 

Edit:

not to to make it about something other than this album, but there’s just a whole lot of bizarre information in this thread. 

Edited by ShanethVarosa

@ShanethVarosa

Putting this as a spoiler since it's not related to the thread:

Not phase out entirely (to the best of my knowledge), but to strongly strongly favor Apple Music.

(Mind you: this is conjecture supported by their increasingly ugly choice of app icons (why that star????) and that the music app in iOS being more heavily integrated with AM than iTunes, and that googling the aforementioned single returned only an Apple Music link when I specified iTunes).

I doubt it'll disappear since too many industries rely on it as a vendor, and that they'd only be competing really with Spotify or Pandora at that point, rather than Google and Amazon,  but Apple has done stupid shit in the past (re: my macbook pro having a headphone port for headphones that their current phones no longer work with). 

It will be interesting to see if his new single ends up being available digitally as well. So far his track record with making things accessible internationally has been...spotty? Edited by Peace Heavy mk II

On 6/30/2018 at 5:58 PM, suji said:

update on the 🔥 DELUXE 🔥 edition: the preorder period has been extended to July 31, and shipping will start in late August.

Sui just tweeted this morning that shipments will be out soon, so I'm guessing it'll start by the end of this month.

DnTGcCMUcAA-6YK.jpg