cvltic

Akinori returns to lynch.

not that I care with a yuuki solo project already announcedT and disbanding lesser bands,

but I hope hzk doesn't go back to writing same-sounding self cover albums w/o the pressure of morally corrupt drug fiend tainting their reputation!

gr8 news for their fans too, supposedly

Edited by nekkichi

2 hours ago, nekkichi said:

4d chess

here's some info about Akinori's time away from the band for anyone curious about the circumstances leading up to this, as reported by a fan from the show last night and some rumor mill stuff that ended up being true or partially true:

Spoiler

Reo did in fact shave his head to apologize to their management as lynch.'s leader and paternal figure after it happened (he was bald as fuck in their first promo post- AK so I suspected this but it was confirmed). Asanao attended AK's trial. It was known he was out of jail/not in prison because he was spotted at a fishing event in Nagoya in an IG photo not too long after the incident, lmao. There has been huge hints dropped about this ("SINNER STRIKES BACK" show name, part of the lyrics in SORROW) because hzk apparently took AK out to eat immediately after he got out of the clink and told him he was 100% going to come back; this was planned for a while. On that same note there was some Nostradamus or person connected repeatedly insisting AK would be back for the Messe show in March on tanuki, so props to that person even though I didn't want to get my hopes up. There were a lot of rumors that Yusuke was the one actively preventing AK's return as he was quite angry about the whole thing (he said he wouldn't forgive AK on IG and apparently repeated a similar sentiment in his R&R interview), and AK himself said Yusuke didn't seem to forgive him until quite recently. The band is aware that people will have mixed feelings about their choice both to bring him back and to let fans suffer while they planned this out, but they seem to have their label's blessing. (cue accusations of it being a PR move)

7 hours ago, The Moon said:

can't believe they are letting this DRUG ADDICT and JUNKIE into the band again. sad!

?

I AM SO HAPPY AKN'S BACK AGAIN ! :)

he fit so well since he was a session way back .

Edited by platanity

I'm glad they stuck out for their friend and gave him a second chance. If they can all grow past what happened it'll be as good as ever. YAY

12 hours ago, cvltic said:

here's some info about Akinori's time away

hennistly all of this is 2wild4me and I'm not sure if this is hazuki actually accurately estimating their fans' rabidness,

or they're so lost in their own hype they won't find the way out of it until yusuke ragequits and goes on something better/more creative tbh.

4 hours ago, sixblacknine said:

idek how I feel about this, it can't be that hard to find another bassist they connect with but I guess they really like him

I am reminded why Yusuke has always been my favorite though. . idk why they all weren't more angry  but ok 

You're joking, right? It took them six years to find a bassist that they liked enough to have him be an actual member of the band ...

49 minutes ago, patientZERO said:

You're joking, right? It took them six years to find a bassist that they liked enough to have him be an actual member of the band ...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i saw the messe promo video before reading this thread and when the fifth member came i was literally GAGGED so it was nice to come on here and read it was akinori

honestly...reo and hazuki are geniuses in how they handled the whole drama in the PR sense. they collaborated with incredibly high profile guests and that in turn brought their profile up as well, and they milked the ordeal for all that it was worth with the dramatic foreshadowing, intense apologies and just how open they made the situation. instead of shying away from it they really gave their fellow nihonjins a nice lil redemption tale and a lot of material (cue that insta video) to go with the spectacle. i think this is a japan/east asia specific thing but like, lynch rlly did go the extra mile