Sign in to follow this  
jduv86

[BAND BATTLE] VISTLIP VS UNITE.

Who is better  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Choose

• Vistlip
    • Unite.

This is going to be gruelling at least for me. I don't think there has ever been a time where I wasn't thrilled to hear about either one of these bands releasing music. They both have a similar sound which basically covers everything imaginable lol even though vistlip came first,  I think they both have about the same amount of popularity (correct if I'm wrong). So let's take a look at just some of the amazing music each band has provided over the years and decide: 

Vistlip

Spoiler

My favorite workout song

Unite. 

Spoiler

Also my favorite workout song

So difficult!!  I think I'm going to give unite. the edge here.  Even though they are a younger band,  I feel like they continue to capture the spirit that brought mE to vistlip while vistlip is going for a more mainstream appeal (though the songs are still great). I feel they've stepped back from having a diverse sound in one song like a VK band should have and just went for more straightforward music. 

What do you think? 

Edited by jduv86

I like both, but I like vistlip more than Unite because vistlip was one of the first VK bands I ever actively followed and listened to. Despite not knowing Japanese, there's something about vistlip's lyrics and the way Tomo sings that just resonates with me, especially when I read translations. They have such variety in their career that I'm pretty sure everyone can find an enjoyable song by them. Their most recent releases haven't been as good as the ones from several years ago, but they still have that distinct, vistlip style that I love. They're really something special.

My vote is for vistlip

2 hours ago, The Reverend said:

Both solid; but Vistlip.... cause Patriot is one of my fave (mini)albums and it had that sweet cover artwork with a pig.

Yes I can agree to that.  I still play patriot now. 

I don't really know either one, but I saw vistlip in Japan, and oh boy was it painful. So Unite. for me, by default. 

Edited by Mr.0

8 hours ago, Mr.0 said:

I don't really know either one, but I saw vistlip in Japan, and oh boy was it painful. So Unite. for me, by default. 

Really? they were bad?!

not a hard choice if you're me...

25fmzp5.jpg

but yes, vistlip's music speaks to me on a level unlike any other band i've heard. maybe it's my bias or something but i actually don't find their music that similar to unite (who's also a great band in their own right).

7 hours ago, jduv86 said:

Really? they were bad?!

I saw 6 band that evening, the only worse was DaizyStripper, but for different reasons: DaizyStripper's singer couldn't sing for his life, but Vistlip just seemed so bored, it was painful to watch. No passion, no energy, and the singer looked like he wan't to be anywhere but on this stage. That, and the music was pretty generic to me, nothing special really. Maybe not bad, but nothing catchy or anything. (Maybe the others bands were better in comparison, I don't know)

On 11/25/2017 at 5:41 AM, Mr.0 said:

No passion, no energy, and the singer looked like he wan't to be anywhere but on this stage.

I had the same experience! I saw them 3 times because they did a tour with lynch. and SuG. I had no desire to see SuG but they were, to my surprise, much more fun to watch than vistlip, who I was originally mildly excited for... Tomo's lack of presence dragged vistlip down a lot for me. Yuh, Umi, and Tohya were fun to watch, but Tomo didn't give off any energy at all. It was too bad...

On 07/12/2017 at 3:19 AM, cvltic said:

I had the same experience! I saw them 3 times because they did a tour with lynch. and SuG. I had no desire to see SuG but they were, to my surprise, much more fun to watch than vistlip, who I was originally mildly excited for... Tomo's lack of presence dragged vistlip down a lot for me. Yuh, Umi, and Tohya were fun to watch, but Tomo didn't give off any energy at all. It was too bad...

Glad I wasn't dreaming then haha I had no expectations whatsoever, but damn it was painful to watch. (But same as you, the other band were a lot of fun, so no big deal)

Whoa... No love reply for Unite. 😭

Patriot indeed amazing. That Moon Rabbit is one of vistlip finest song to date for me. 

But, I prefer Unite. 

Tomo's voices somewhat irks me.

That's why I much rather to choose Unite. 

unite unite unite  unite! Mainly because I just never gotten into vislip while my  loving danger crue obsession got me into Unite ,Yui and Mio's mile is just captivates me :D           As  well as the music is just so upbeat and happy :D

Sign in to follow this