Spike760

Dir en grey

Just now, seys said:

Igor over here filming the whole fucking show? lmao

Didn't GazettE get mad that someone filmed the whole gig and afterwards prohibited filming?

At least it works as a good bootleg for this tour.

I think it was the case. Like, I haven't heard that Diru complained about being filmed. IIRC there was a video on instagram which was either perfectly zoomed, or shot in front of Kyo's face during the Utafumi. From the US Tour19.

6 minutes ago, EvilHippy said:

At least it works as a good bootleg for this tour.

I think it was the case. Like, I haven't heard that Diru complained about being filmed. IIRC there was a video on instagram which was either perfectly zoomed, or shot in front of Kyo's face during the Utafumi. From the US Tour19.

I'm not 100% sure but I think I remember them saying that they don't like it, could've been an old comment though so not sure on their stance on it now.

Regardless I think it's a bit disrespectful to the band and definitely to the other fans to film the WHOLE gig. Can you imagine the guy next to you just standing there, looking at their phone for the entire duration? Must be annoying, if not "immersion breaking". I guess it's not as bad as someone scrolling through Instagram on full brightness in the middle of a song, though.

And yeah I saw that video too, the venue was so small 😅

Edited by seys

1 minute ago, seys said:

I'm not 100% sure but I think I remember them saying that they don't like it, could've been an old comment though so not sure on their stance on it now.

Regardless I think it's a bit disrespectful to the band and definitely to the other fans to film the WHOLE gig. Can you imagine the guy next to you just standing there, looking at their phone for the entire duration? Must be annoying, if not "immersion breaking". I guess it's not as bad as someone scrolling through Instagram on full brightness in the middle of a song, though.

And yeah I saw that video too, the venue was so small 😅

On one hand I can't really understand filming the whole gig. On the other - at least others can enjoy the concert and know that there is one video of the full concert that they can watch later.

About "immersion breaking"... Dunno. I don't pay attention to other people, and when I want to hangbang - I usually close my eyes, so there is only me and the music. At least it works for me.

But yeah, surfing web or scrolling the instagram during the concert is dumb. Or just having full brightness on.

I would like to go to that venue. Like, it should feel different from big halls :)

8 hours ago, seys said:

Can you imagine the guy next to you just standing there, looking at their phone for the entire duration? 

A girl right in front of Kaoru recorded him the majority of the show I attended. I didn't watch her the whole time but I will forever remember her nonchalant on the rail, her head tilted downward and Kaoru taking up her whole screen. 

I cannot hate Russia for 100% illegal obscure content. You can find anything on the internet if you look through Russian sites. 

Here's DIR EN GREY's rendition of the BUCK-TICK track "NATIONAL MEDIA BOYS" from the recent B-T tribute album (until it gets taken down)

I thought it was quite good! I like how they changed it up and made it their own (unlike most of the other bands judging from the samples).

On 1/27/2020 at 11:24 PM, EvilHippy said:

About "immersion breaking"... Dunno. I don't pay attention to other people, and when I want to hangbang - I usually close my eyes, so there is only me and the music. At least it works for me.

You will pay attention to them when they're all holding their phones up in front of your face and you can't see jack all of the show you've paid to see...

28 minutes ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

You will pay attention to them when they're all holding their phones up in front of your face and you can't see jack all of the show you've paid to see...

Not with my height :D

6 hours ago, Jigsaw9 said:

Here's DIR EN GREY's rendition of the BUCK-TICK track "NATIONAL MEDIA BOYS" from the recent B-T tribute album (until it gets taken down)

I thought it was quite good! I like how they changed it up and made it their own (unlike most of the other bands judging from the samples).

I felt betrayed with that radical harmony change in the chorus! It sounds horrible! Even if they take it back for the last play of the chorus... Man, that progression was the dramatic climax of the original song!

Definitely gonna skip this.

Overall, yeah, they surely adapted the song to their own style, there's all their recent sonic clichés put in there. But listening to this helped me to realize once again that I've grown bored of their musical decissions in the past years. Listening to TIW, TWoM and this keeps bringing to me the thought that they've entered a phase of difficulty on getting into new realms of sound. They need to stop living on dirty guitar chunks on the A-string with diminished fifth, clackling-bass riffs that can't be undertood a fucking note and Kyo's "uo-ho-ho-ho-ho-hooooo" theatrics. Yeah, it's cool actually, but it ceases to be so when you try to put to everything you make in order to match it with your style. They used to be more fresh in the past.

Edited by saiko

I guess their thing when they cover songs is to make them their own, which is fine because I don’t like note for note covers. It doesn’t always work though. This is... fine? I’m mostly just worn out by Shinya’s unimaginative patterns that aren’t doing this any favors. 

It’s not as radical as Sukekiyo’s cover of Gerbera though. I still haven’t processed that one. 

16 minutes ago, Saishu said:

I’m mostly just worn out by Shinya’s unimaginative patterns that aren’t doing this any favors. 

How can you still call them worn out when you complain about his drumming since, idk 5+ years now? It seems to be his style by now, get over it or stop listen to them.

I am not a drummer but damn, this same sentence complaining about him every time in every thread for so many years now gets kind off annoying to read. 

jfc they're incredibly exhausting, but this belongs on that shit cover album with no questions asked.

everyone off the band catalogué was outdoing each other with the clownery.

this will probably still end up being the best cover on that abortion of a tribute album tbh

i liked sukekiyo's take on gerbera more

I think the first half is okay, a bit boring and monotonous, but starting from 2:23 I really like it. First the vocals are normal, same as the track so far but with the instruments having an anticipatory tone, then suddenly it evolves into low growling immediately followed with the high notes giving it really nice contrast. 

Definitely the best of the album.

I'd love to see them perform this live but that's probably never going to happen. 

Edited by seys

Just now, seys said:

I'd love to see them perform this live but that's probably never going to happen. 

If BT ends up having one of those ON PARADE festivals again to support the tribute album there's a pretty solid chance it might happen. As far as I remember quite a few of the bands performed their cover track live at the previous one at least

Oh true, didn't know that. Though even if they do end up having one there's a high chance Diru won't attend haha

The first time around they had Theatre Brook, Balzac, Masami Tsuchiya, Michiro Endo, Kiyoharu and ABS among others, the previous time around they had cali gari, Polysics, MUCC, D'erlanger, Merry, AA=.. This time they have what, Der Zibet, 88kasyo, Diru and Shiina in terms of talent and that's it? fucking rip lol

Considering that DEG played at that one hide tribute fest as well i'm pretty sure they'd probably partake in a hypothetical B-T fest too, tho that hide thing was over a decade ago

Edited by Tokage

12 minutes ago, Tokage said:

Considering that DEG played at that one hide tribute fest as well i'm pretty sure they'd probably partake in a hypothetical B-T fest too, tho that hide thing was over a decade ago

They also played at LUNA SEA's 2018 "LUNATIC FEST", don't forget! Too bad they didn't play any LS cover, but at least we got a SUGIZO collab out of it.

Edited by Jigsaw9

31 minutes ago, Tokage said:

The first time around they had Theatre Brook, Balzac, Masami Tsuchiya, Michiro Endo, Kiyoharu and ABS among others, the previous time around they had cali gari, Polysics, MUCC, D'erlanger, Merry, AA=.. This time they have what, Der Zibet, 88kasyo, Diru and Shiina in terms of talent and that's it? fucking rip lol

This was also the last time they covered a song so far.

If you're looking for Kyo singing another band's songs, sukekiyo would be the band to listen to.

Or, well, find terekos from.

5 hours ago, filth_y said:

How can you still call them worn out when you complain about his drumming since, idk 5+ years now? It seems to be his style by now, get over it or stop listen to them.

I am not a drummer but damn, this same sentence complaining about him every time in every thread for so many years now gets kind off annoying to read. 

I’m not going to stop, so feel free to put me on ignore. 

why do they keep overcompressing and putting that disgusting distortion filter on kyo's harsh vocals now? That high scream sounded like a strangled chicken, just keep it with the slight reverb like in DSS, jeez

Song was good tho, definitely better than the D'erlanger cover

1 hour ago, geist said:

Way better than the original. Buck-Tick Sucks-Dick.

They’re one of those bands who I want to like, but then I get super bored and put on D’erlanger. 

D'erlanger is by far more interesting imo. Buck-tick started to be a thing since 'Aku no hana', then with 'Kurutta taiyou' their classic sound embraced its true form. No wonder why the most part of their hits come from this albums, and not from their prior ones. Speaking of them, they are a wank of formulaic pop punk rock, same as other acts like Boowy. 

This cover was solid, in the same way that EASY MAKE EASY MARK was. I'll most likely forget it exists then be pleasantly surprised when i come across it randomly.

Its easily the best out of the bunch and say what y'all want about DEG and their mixing, etc...

But these niggas really put their best foot forward when it comes to covers. How is it that they've managed to outshine all of the other notable acts on this release? I'll give LYNCH and ANDROID ACID cred for the D'erlanger tribute album. A lot of these tributes at this point are half assed. DEG fans are the only ones eating from em it seems. 

You who were at the US shows, did you notice any cameras recording it? 

There was at least 1 camera recording each show in the EU, and in the one I attended, during the last song (Utafumi) there was a guy at the back of the stage with a camera. I'm not sure if he was just taking pictures or recording though. Die did point to him when he left the stage.

I'm asking because if there were, I think it's pretty likely that there's going to be a DVD of the tour since they used the same name for Japan -> US -> EU.