Spike760

Dir en grey

Just now, Seelentau said:

Wish she used the Paris performance :( I really don't like almost any of the livestream ones

https://direngrey.co.jp/lang_en/news/3326/

So, uh, yeah. Another concert film screening.
And, according to setlist.fm, they had 6 shows in Meguro Rock-May-Kan GIG. One in 2009, one in 1999 and 4 in 1997.
So, uh... @Seelentau, maybe now they´ll show some old archive footage?

EDIT. Also. It seems weirdly timed since Kaoru´s T-shirt for cancelled Sogai tour also had a setlist from Rock-May-Kan GIG concert (June 14th one)

Edited by EvilHippy

3 hours ago, Seelentau said:

Not according to their JP news article, no. It's either one they recently filmed or one they'll film.

But definitely not an old one, sadly. 😕

That's sad... Though, that'll be some new material at least.
Could you send a link of this article, please?

17 hours ago, EvilHippy said:

That's sad... Though, that'll be some new material at least.
Could you send a link of this article, please?

It also says so in the English version: "DIR EN GREY’s latest live footage filmed for appositely for this screening."

1 hour ago, Seelentau said:

It also says so in the English version: "DIR EN GREY’s latest live footage filmed for appositely for this screening."

Oh.
... True.
Hm. But can it be some kind of documentary show? With involving some old footage from 90s?

I dunno, it just feels weird to announce screening without announcing the concert there (if they had one in a first place).

On 12/22/2020 at 1:18 PM, EvilHippy said:

Hm. But can it be some kind of documentary show? With involving some old footage from 90s?

No offense but how do you come to that conclusion based on "DIR EN GREY’s latest live footage filmed for appositely for this screening."??? Doesn't seem like it can be worded much clearer to me. 😕 Unless their latest live footage was recorded in the 90s....

3 hours ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

No offense but how do you come to that conclusion based on "DIR EN GREY’s latest live footage filmed for appositely for this screening."??? Doesn't seem like it can be worded much clearer to me. 😕 Unless their latest live footage was recorded in the 90s....

Well, they had 6 gigs in there (according to setlist.fm). And most of them were in 1997. That's why I thought that maybe they would make some kind of documentary movie (for their approaching 25 year anniversary)

Although, they may shot something just for this screening (which would be a bit lame, but eh,at least something).

In what's probably the last DIR EN GREY news on this board:

http://direngrey.co.jp/lang_en/news/3338/

Yeah, it's definitely not old footage ><

Also, on a personal note: With the help of the awesome @inartistic, I managed to make the move from Wikia/FANDOM to my very own MediaWiki-based Wiki.

As you will see, it's way better than whatever bullshit FANDOM is doing to their platform, so from 2021 onward (or effectively today lol), find all the lyrics and other super-duper interesting information - such as when exactly Kaoru went to his first live! - over at www.degwiki.com! :)

13 hours ago, enyx said:

I'm going to miss the absolute shitshow that is this thread. 

Not always though :) We all were binging a lot back when DSS was coming out, that's my favoutire memory from this thread! 😀