Spike760

Dir en grey

Kind of a random observation but I just realized that Kyo reuses the 鬼さんこちら手の鳴る方へ line from [KR] cube in Rinkaku.

28 minutes ago, Kelrya said:

Kind of a random observation but I just realized that Kyo reuses the 鬼さんこちら手の鳴る方へ line from [KR] cube in Rinkaku.

it's a childrens song or something, it pops up in VK relatively a lot.

1 hour ago, Kelrya said:

Pretty sure it's in Shokubeni as well.

12 hours ago, nekkichi said:

it's a childrens song or something, it pops up in VK relatively a lot.

Interesting. I found this article http://www.worldfolksong.com/sp/songbook/japan/warabeuta/onisan-kochira.html

Apparently it comes from a game where one kid is blindfolded and tries to tag the rest of the kids, and they call the blindfolded kid “oni” and use this phrase/song. Also according to this article this phrase or a variation of it is used in movies/TV/etc. by thieves taunting the cops who are chasing them.

Edited by Kelrya

6 hours ago, Kelrya said:

He says 鬼 (oni) in that song but not the rest of the saying.

Maybe not the same exact saying, but it refers to the exact same children's song/game you mentioned in your above post.

8 hours ago, seys said:

Maybe not the same exact saying, but it refers to the exact same children's song/game you mentioned in your above post.

Does it? Seems like “oni” is just being used as a metaphor for a predator type. 

13 hours ago, seys said:

I don’t think it’s referring to that at all here. He just happens to be using the word “oni” which is a type of demon from Japanese mythology. I don’t see how it’s related.

I really, really wonder why they put emphasis on the new artist name, tbh. Almost seems like they want to avoid paying the actual band, DIR EN GREY, so they use a different artist name for the Ambient Collection... but I don't know their contracts of course, so it's just an uninformed assumption lol

14 minutes ago, Seelentau said:

I really, really wonder why they put emphasis on the new artist name, tbh. Almost seems like they want to avoid paying the actual band, DIR EN GREY, so they use a different artist name for the Ambient Collection... but I don't know their contracts of course, so it's just an uninformed assumption lol

Or it's a side-project for Takumi (since he's doing piano and synths in the band)

On 9/18/2020 at 3:21 PM, Seelentau said:

I actually think they just want to separate this experimental project from the official releases of the band. Maybe they don't want to risk their Spotify account by this farming. Maybe they want sperated analysis of their revenue stream. Not sure how good the Spotify revenue analytics system is. 

18 hours ago, Saishu said:

It’s probably just because it’s not actually anyone in DEG making this stuff. 

Yes. Dir en grey/DIR EN GREY/whatever is a trademark. I'm sure there's some legal nonsense behind the scenes that we're not privy to.

Slight change of topic. Is anyone here lucky enough to be receiving the new physical single?

Didn't someone from this forum send me their pics of their JEALOUS single a year or two ago?

Because it looks like there are even variants of one of the three versions... but the only difference is the mould SID code ._.

On 9/18/2020 at 2:21 PM, Seelentau said:

I would just assume that it's not really "official" Dir en Grey stuff, like it's not counted in their discography or put on CD sold as Dir En Grey or whatever, if you get what I mean?

+ Lucky that you're getting a copy of the new single physically! When is that even out? I'll keep an eye out online for second hand versions. I'm all in it for the extras, got to be honest I have only listened to the single itself once since getting it. haha.

On 9/23/2020 at 5:46 PM, Nowhere Girl said:

Yes. Dir en grey/DIR EN GREY/whatever is a trademark. I'm sure there's some legal nonsense behind the scenes that we're not privy to.

Slight change of topic. Is anyone here lucky enough to be receiving the new physical single?

http://direngrey.co.jp/lang_en/news/3277/
Postponed till late October.

Anyone know what this CD is? Are these songs just cut from the DVDs or are they exclusive to this release?

https://www.discogs.com/DIR-EN-GREY-Tour16-17-From-Depression-To-________-Mode-Of-鬼葬/release/10175693

DIR EN GREY ‎– Tour16-17 From Depression To ________ [Mode Of 鬼葬]

Label: sun-krad ‎– SK-026-D / SK-027-D

Format: CD, Mini, Club Edition, Limited Edition

Released: Mar 2017

Genre: Rock

1 Untitled 2:28

2 Untitled 2:20

Phonographic Copyright (p) – sun-krad Co., Ltd.

Copyright (c) – sun-krad Co., Ltd.

Manufactured By – sun-krad Co., Ltd.

Exclusive Retailer – Galaxy Broad Shop

Available as limited bonus for the order of the pack of 3 fan-club DVD/BD:
TOUR16-17 FROM DEPRESSION TO ________ [mode of VULGAR]
TOUR16-17 FROM DEPRESSION TO ________ [mode of DUM SPIRO SPERO]
TOUR16-17 FROM DEPRESSION TO ________ [mode of 鬼葬]

Not included on the individual release of the DVD/BD.
On setlists, the first track is called "New(kigan)" and the second track is called "New(keloid)".

1 hour ago, Nowhere Girl said:

Anyone know what this CD is? Are these songs just cut from the DVDs or are they exclusive to this release?

https://www.discogs.com/DIR-EN-GREY-Tour16-17-From-Depression-To-________-Mode-Of-鬼葬/release/10175693

Those are intros, if I remember. Every "Mode of..." had a mini-cd with intros from those concerts.