Spike760

Dir en grey

I wonder if they also are gonna attack other precious accounts that share Dir stuff in HQ and very well organized, such as direngreyvideoz...

But hey, we can still share it through direct upload to any server, I guess.

That's what actually bothers me the most: There are channels that do literally nothing but upload straight from the DVDs/Blu-rays.

I mean, I know my channel is technically as much in the wrong as those others. But at least I make an effort not to upload any officially released material.

Besides, in which year do they live when they think that material that was once uploaded to the internet (or streamed) can stay exclusive?

It's 2020, if you upload something that is important to someone, they'll grab it before you can take it down again. There's no such thing as "exclusivity" with such content.

So no idea why they'd go after me specifically. For now, I've made all my videos private and won't upload anything new until the strikes have expired.

Then I'll have to see where to go from there.

But of course, this ain't my whining thread, sorry for the OT^^

Edit: Now some rabbid fangirl reported my facebook account... what a strange day.

Edited by Seelentau

q76Rytc.png

that's why

I'm not joking btw, Kaoru posted on twitter (tl by kyotaku):

Kaoru twitter 2020.07.20

'Ranunculus (Ambient Ver) is a 20 min track that got cut into 37 short 30~35 second tracks.

It's a way of gaining more profit by having it out as an album.

We're searching for new paths in this world that plunged into the unknown times.

Tags: I also have it on repeat tonight

I learned this way from world's end girlfriend (@worldsendgirlfr ). Thank you, Maeda!

Edited by Seelentau

All these VK bandomen have a very interesting way to keep their business going during these times. :D

Maybe Kyo will auction his Chrome Hearts boxers next 💕 Do it, kween! 💕

At first I had conflicting feelings about this blatant cashgrab. On the one hand I felt like they were diluting the Dir en grey name by putting out something of low quality. On the other hand I like the idea because I was already streaming their Spotify discography on repeat anyways. Now I can support them even more efficiently than before. So I guess I'm kind of indifferent ...

I tried listening to The Insulated World today but I just couldn't. I'm not usually too fussy about this stuff but there's a certain plastic-y sounding quality fused with the rawness of the production that gets to me more than nearly any of the other poorly produced records I enjoy on a daily basis. Production on the two most recent singles sounds just as low-fi and low effort but for some inexplicable reason I enjoy it much more.

I hope they keep this production for their next album (of course an improvement would be nice too).

5 hours ago, Tanishi said:

I tried listening to The Insulated World today but I just couldn't. I'm not usually too fussy about this stuff but there's a certain plastic-y sounding quality fused with the rawness of the production that gets to me more than nearly any of the other poorly produced records I enjoy on a daily basis. Production on the two most recent singles sounds just as low-fi and low effort but for some inexplicable reason I enjoy it much more.

I hope they keep this production for their next album (of course an improvement would be nice too).

That's funny. I also listened to it this morning. TIW - TWOM single - TIW bonus disc.

Although I don't think this is anywhere close to their best material, I still very much enjoyed it. 

Been listening to the new single and I think I'm warming up to the title track, but I don't like what they did with the production this time. They can just never get this right. It makes me think they do this on purpose.

It pisses me off that Withering to Death, one of my least favorite DEG albums, probably has some of the best production out of their entire catalog. 

IMO Gauze has the best. WTD is my favorite album of theirs but I actually don't think the production on that one is very good lol. But it was nice to get a remaster of Dead Tree on Vestiges 

Gauze's production is a dream. You can definitely hear every instrument in there.

Perhaps they had the biggest amount of investment of their whole career at that time... Having Yoshiki arranging your A-sides should have been anything but cheap...

ive finally started coming around to the clever sleazoid remake, still not as good as the original but on the off chance this means theres a chance theyll perform it live if concerts ever come back then im down with it 

Production =/= mixing =/= mastering.

Production is song creation, choosing instruments, recording them, crafting them to get the right atmosphere for the project.

Mixing is the balance of the stems recorded for each song.

Mastering is making sure all songs across an album are balanced the same, and getting the final 'sound' of the album with effects like EQ and compression.

For example, The Insulated World is a pretty well-produced album (a little laziness in writing aside). The mix is okay, but it's absolutely destroyed by an atrocious master that makes everything sound far too compressed, creating a fatiguing listen.

It’s amazing that pretty much all of music has been compressed to shit for the last 20 years or so and some of us still can’t deal with it.  Like Arche is just the worse. Loud and sterile like the band is playing in a giant room with aluminum walls.